MVPedit Requests/Bugs

rglass95

I'm starting to get a bit overwhelmed at all the stuff people are asking for (i.e. I can't remember half of it), so I'm creating this thread so people can a) ask for improvements to MVPedit and B) report bugs that need to be fixed. This will also serve as an official "to do" list for me, so I have it all organized in one place.

Please do not post in this thread asking for help using MVPedit. The thread in the "Mod Announcements" forum may be used for that, or any post in the "Mod Support" forum.

Here is what I have thus far (in no particular order):

-Ratings formulas

-All-Star team management

-Import all stat from Lahman database

-Better documentation

-6 pitchers on convertor

-Lahman year by year stat import team errors / general errors

-Lahman single player import

-Salary calculator fix

-Face import (ORD and ORL)

If there is anything else just reply here.

As you can see the list is getting rather large and I'm seriously considering outsourcing some of the work. :p

Hi rglass,

When I try to export the rpsters back into the game I get an error message that says "The roster for the free agents has more than 0 players. Export halted" Any clue on how to fix this. Thanks!

Hi rglass,

When I try to export the rpsters back into the game I get an error message that says "The roster for the free agents has more than 0 players. Export halted" Any clue on how to fix this. Thanks!

maybe if you asked in the main MVPedit thread

http://mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Forums&a...&highlight=

and not the features request thread others can help

xbox support will never happen, PS2 support is far fetched

The saves for both consoles have checksums, if you change one byte the checksum is screwed.

He might be able to figure out how to cheat the checksum and that will help with PC and PS2 saves.

But all xbox saves are signed with a special key, it is a different key for each game. EA is not going to give out that key.

the guys at xbox-scene have figured out the keys for only a handfull of games.

YES it is possible if you know the key and can calculate the checksums but a few things make it so it will not happen

1st He is only one guy and he has a real job (it would take a team of guys just working on MVPedit)

2nd I do not think he cares about the console versions

MVP Baseball 2005 seems to crash when I attempt to edit a player in-game that I created in MVPEdit 2005.

I first imported the 2004 NY Mets from the Lahman dealie, then exported John Franco from it and re-imported him into my clean 2005 rosters (untouched default ones installed with the MVP patch 1).

I then manually edited him in MVPEdit 2005 to mirror his attributes from MLB Baseball 2004 (via MVPEdit 0.20) and then added him to the Houston Astros roster (and shifted the minors appropriately to keep 25/25 at the MLB and AAA levels).

When I go back into MVP Baseball 2005 and go to edit players (to see how he looks), the game crashes out and shuts down.

I've included a link to the exact JohnFranco.mep I use that causes this issue, if you want to examine it to see if it's me. :)

http://personal.nbnet.nb.ca/despresj/other/JohnFranco.mep

I might try create more players to see if it's an issue with Franco or just player creation in general.

a small addition to the find function: I've been using it to find players I might want to trade for. it would be great to be able to either print or export the search results. also making the find window non-modal would also be useful if you want to look at a player's info and go back to the search results.

The saves for both consoles have checksums, if you change one byte the checksum is screwed.

btw, same goes for the save files on the PC. I don't know if this was an issue in 2004 version.

just for grins I was rummaging through a save file and found the offset for the money in owner mode. changing the value to inc my cash by $1 (a one-byte change) changed the file to a point where the game wouldn't it.

i install the full version of MVPedit 2005.4 Download

(updated 2/28/2005)

bu i get an error when i try to run it.

it says component tabctl32.ocx or one of it

dependencies not correctly registered: a file is

missing or invalid.

i have window xp.

thanks

I'm starting to get a bit overwhelmed at all the stuff people are asking for (i.e. I can't remember half of it), so I'm creating this thread so people can a) ask for improvements to MVPedit and B) report bugs that need to be fixed. This will also serve as an official "to do" list for me, so I have it all organized in one place.

Please do not post in this thread asking for help using MVPedit. The thread in the "Mod Announcements" forum may be used for that, or any post in the "Mod Support" forum.

Here is what I have thus far (in no particular order):

-Ratings formulas

-All-Star team management

-Import all stat from Lahman database

-Better documentation

-6 pitchers on convertor

-Lahman year by year stat import team errors / general errors

-Lahman single player import

-Salary calculator fix

-Face import (ORD and ORL)

If there is anything else just reply here.

As you can see the list is getting rather large and I'm seriously considering outsourcing some of the work. :p

Rglass,

I've downloaded your MVPedit (which is great by the way), but an error/bug I noticed is, for an example, when I downloaded my updated Cardinals roster, some of the players face attributes don't "import" correctly.

For example, when I created Rhett Parrott, a white guy, I set his skin color = 2, hair style = 6, hair color = brown, facial hair = none.

However, when he is imported and in game he is black. So, I goto to create/edit players. He is black, and his attributes are locked in as 1 (white), 6, 6, 1. This happen w/ almost "fake" player that I edited. They don't have the same facial attributes that I set in MVPedit

Is this a bug who have come across or is there something I missing when editing players that is throwing everything off. Do I have to change the "face" value to something. I change the audio/portrait, using someone's numbering system from this board.

Please just a little feedback. Thanks Wolfy

MVP Baseball 2005 seems to crash when I attempt to edit a player in-game that I created in MVPEdit 2005.

I first imported the 2004 NY Mets from the Lahman dealie, then exported John Franco from it and re-imported him into my clean 2005 rosters (untouched default ones installed with the MVP patch 1).

Follow-up, I discovered this was an error on my end... The John Franco model (210) was removed from 2005 which was why it crashed when I'd try to edit or view the player. I'm gonna try importing the models from the 2004 models.big and see if that fixes my problem.

In other words, not a bug. Sorry folks. :)

Rglass,

Thanks a ton for the MVPedit, it has made things so much easier. A single player import from Lahman would be fantastic. Here is what I run into; I import the team from Lahman, edit the players by subtracting years away from the end of a players career so I can get him down to a more viable age. I run into a bug that only happens when I adjust the persons age or anyhing on the general information page. I think its a run time error, and the MVPedit locks up.

Finally, it would be great to be able to globally set the years played to present time after I have already deleted years off the end of players careers. Right now if I ask the Lahman to adjust to present times it just imports the player all over again.

Thanks again for the great editor.

P.S. If you can help direct me to someone who could write a program to dump stats from your dynasty into the Lahman database I can take it from there.

PirateFan13

Archived