headtrip47 MLB2K21 Roster Update

headtrip47

Friend, I have a problem. I have edited my roster for the new season and when I play a game the players that I transferred to that team come out with generic faces, but when I go to edit the player his real face appears any solution?

1 hour ago, jjar21 said:

Friend, I have a problem. I have edited my roster for the new season and when I play a game the players that I transferred to that team come out with generic faces, but when I go to edit the player his real face appears any solution?

This is NOT the thread to ask your support questions.

From now on everyone please no questions like this in here and no questions about when the roster is done. Let the guy work!

2 hours ago, jjar21 said:

You cannot have more than 25 players per team or sometimes this will happen. We will soon have a support thread soon for all roster concerns. Please keep this thread nice and clean.

I'll try to publish the 2021 Schedule with the schedule_older, _old and _cur tabs that will fix the 2013 league realignment issues for the community to import through REDitor and modify their own rosters, including this one. That was a major success in what I worked on for the 2020 rosters as I was able to simulate a ton of seasons with no issues.

The only issue I had was the start dates in all of the future seasons I played. For some reason there was always an odd gap between the end of spring training and the regular season. This is probably because the 2020 season schedule had a much earlier start date than all of the other seasons. Hopefully this can be smoothed over with the 2021 spring training schedule. I hope.

What I can't contribute, I'll share as much as I know this time around. It's important to preserve that knowledge.

@Kccitystar  That is an important contribution to this roster and the others that can benefit with the 2021 season schedule.

I would like to know where you can find the 2021 schedule, there is a website that publishes it in Excel format and you can download the full schedule of the 30  teams or you have to download the schedule of each team individually.

Thank you very much for all your support of MLB2k, so far no one has come as far as you in the roster edition.  👍👍👏👏

1 hour ago, Bostonnico said:

@Kccitystar  That is an important contribution to this roster and the others that can benefit with the 2021 season schedule.

I would like to know where you can find the 2021 schedule, there is a website that publishes it in Excel format and you can download the full schedule of the 30  teams or you have to download the schedule of each team individually.

Thank you very much for all your support of MLB2k, so far no one has come as far as you in the roster edition.  👍👍👏👏

It might look like something small on the outside, but if the Older, Old, and Cur schedule tables are fixed with the Astros move to the West, all you will need to ever edit from here and beyond is the Schedule_Actual table because the other three tables are used to generate new schedules.

If you look at any roster on REDitor, those three tabs usually still have the 2010 schedule, the 2011 schedule and the 2012 schedule.

My understanding is that the only reason the 2012 schedule tab (schedule_cur) has more rows (784) than the others (782) is because even though every team has 52 series' in each schedule table, the Marlins played a one game series vs the Cardinals on 4/4/2012, so two teams needed an additional home or road game to make up a "series" and balance the schedule out.

If there are no single game series this season (like the 4/4/2012 game, which was initially an opener for the new Marlins Park), it believe it would be safe to cut two rows from the Schedule_Cur tab to make it even with the other tables at 782 rows.

This can be tested anyway.

I'm happy to help with stats, and still have all the spreadsheets from the 2k20 roster and it would be fairly simple for me to reorder things to roster changes.  I had 50% of team stats done, but now would need to ad 2020 stat lines. 

1 hour ago, WacoKid said:

I'm happy to help with stats, and still have all the spreadsheets from the 2k20 roster and it would be fairly simple for me to reorder things to roster changes.  I had 50% of team stats done, but now would need to ad 2020 stat lines. 

So from what I worked on last season, the game gives you two types of saves for both immediate and long term play: a roster and a franchise mode save.

What I think could be done, if we wanted to get stats sorted, is having the stats in the .ROS file backdated to fit the "2012" timeline since the game can't start you at a later date if you wanted to create your own franchise mode, since that complicates how the game does record keeping.

On the Franchise mode file (.FXG) however, we can add all of the stats basically as is after you simulate that franchise file to Spring Training 2021.

46 minutes ago, Kccitystar said:

So from what I worked on last season, the game gives you two types of saves for both immediate and long term play: a roster and a franchise mode save.

What I think could be done, if we wanted to get stats sorted, is having the stats in the .ROS file backdated to fit the "2012" timeline since the game can't start you at a later date if you wanted to create your own franchise mode, since that complicates how the game does record keeping.

On the Franchise mode file (.FXG) however, we can add all of the stats basically as is after you simulate that franchise file to Spring Training 2021.

I gotta say, the first beta you released for 2k20 was great to see all game modes functioned perfectly, it was fantastic work.  Sorry you had such a rough go last year, I hope this one has started out better for you. 

If I get what you are saying correctly, i need to get stats into the .Ros file, start a franchise, then copy the stats over to the fxg franchise file after for the game to begin compiling correctly?  I had already started backdating stats to 2011 since it was established we couldn't do anything about date, so some of that is done as well.  I need to figure out where I have messed up on individual lines since some years don't want to show.

24 minutes ago, WacoKid said:

I gotta say, the first beta you released for 2k20 was great to see all game modes functioned perfectly, it was fantastic work.  Sorry you had such a rough go last year, I hope this one has started out better for you. 

If I get what you are saying correctly, i need to get stats into the .Ros file, start a franchise, then copy the stats over to the fxg franchise file after for the game to begin compiling correctly?  I had already started backdating stats to 2011 since it was established we couldn't do anything about date, so some of that is done as well.  I need to figure out where I have messed up on individual lines since some years don't want to show.

So, on REDitor, if you open up a .ROS file, every player has a -1 value for Stats1 in order for the game to compile stats after 2011 if you start a franchise.

If you open a franchise .FXG on REDitor, the Stats1 column gets populated with stats from whatever the present year is, or if the season is actually over, whatever year the previous season was.

Archived