I have played over 2 000 hours of MVP 05-07. What can this site do to spark it up?

empire

Look around the Downloads section and you will get your answer. 

What is a Mod?  “Mod” is short for “Modification”.  Installing a mod will modify your game.  There are thousands of them here. 

Want better looking uniforms?  We’ve got’em.

Want stadiums with real ads or stadiums not included with the game (e.g. Ebbetts Field, Three Rivers Stadium, Exhibition Stadium)? Yup, we’ve got those too. 

Want new cyberfaces for players?  Uh-huh. 

Want an ESPN, Fox or other network overlay? Yes, yes and yes. 

Want to replay the 1919, 1927, 1956, 1998 or 2012 season (or many others) complete with accurate rosters, portraits, cyberfaces, uniforms, stadiums, team and player audios, jukebox music?  Check out the Total Classics or Total Conversion mods. 

Want to play a game with one of 120 different major league teams ranging from the 1908 Cubs to the 2006 Tigers?  Grab Total Classics 10. 

Go look through the Downloads section and you’re sure to find something to “spark up” your game. 

How do you download a mod?  Simply go to the page describing the mod and click the Download button. Most mods are contained in .Zip, .Rar or .7z archive files. Just get a free utility like WinZip or WinRar to extract the actual files that make up the mod. 

The mods include instructions that explain how to install them. Make sure you back up your files first. 

I reckon I plodded along, trying to keep the game going  after EA announced that MVP05 was the last in the line, for about 21/2 years before I contacted EA about ways to edit the rosters etc and they very kindly directed me to this amazing group of people on this brilliant site. Never looked back since. 

3 hours ago, marty65 said:

Which makes me, like you Y4L, wonder why it took so long but, welcome aboard buddy. Like Jim said, there’s endless amounts of things you’ll find to enhance and enjoy your game experience 

The first thing that I tell new users before they go around asking where or what this is or if someone can make them something is to spend some quality time in the download section. Both Mvp and 2k12 have an extensive collection of mods and you can spend hours looking through and downloading stuff you want. Mvp 2005 more than anything.

Then, on top of that, if you’re still a bit unsure, there’s all of the different forums that cover just about any issue that’s ever gone up. 
Gordo does have a point though, l not everyone is comfortable with getting into and altering the database etc, a lot of uncertainty about whether or not they’ll maybe mess it up or something I guess

1 hour ago, marty65 said:

Then, on top of that, if you’re still a bit unsure, there’s all of the different forums that cover just about any issue that’s ever gone up. 
Gordo does have a point though, l not everyone is comfortable with getting into and altering the database etc, a lot of uncertainty about whether or not they’ll maybe mess it up or something I guess

That's why you can always re-install. I did that a few times myself when the game first came out.

• 1 month later...

Archived