Uniform Fabric Patterns and Alpha Channels

Kccitystar

Uniform fabric patterns are in a DXT1 file in the global (if you use the 2K12 texture editor, it should be listed as 014DA660):

geSKb2s.png

I'm just going to throw a theoretical here and say that the alpha channel in the uniform texture dictates the fabric type. I'll use my Padres Home uniforms as an example: 

qbpf4WA.jpg

everything in black basically gets no fabric texture (Texture #1). What's in black is what's left to the UV map texture (the green file) to determine depth/reflections.

The darker grey color on the lower left corner gets a different fabric texture (Texture #2 maybe?) compared to the light grey (Texture #3) that all the uniforms have because they're meant for the socks. See the example below:

WdrWGR1.png

Texture #4, the "raindrop" looking texture is the mesh used for the Majestic Cool Base uniform textures, which originally were in white in the alpha channel texture.

I want to say changing Texture #3 in that 64x64 box should apply your fabric texture across all the uniforms without having to do it for all the jerseys.

Archived