Not sure if this is gonna fly around here, but seems always be a pretty popular topic no matter where you go.  We can review movies, ask for recommendations about a particular movie, debate movies and their themes, especially now with Hollywood being such a controversial place. Should be needless to say, but no spoilers, please.    I'll start it off......

"The Little Things"   Suspense, drama with Rami Malek, Denzel Washington, Jared Leto

Capture.JPG.3bb67ec0d755f4616bc462fb779a3c22.JPG

Thought this was an interesting pairing of Denzel and Malek as the detectives.  Thought it started off well enough with storyline development and intrigue, but I thought this really dropped off, especially in the last third of the movie.  Everything seemed to fall apart with dialogue, edits and not sure what they were thinking with the script.  Additionally, it just seemed like another time Leto can act like the strange bird that he is.  Disappointing in my book.

===============================

"Hillbilly Elegy"  Drama with Amy Adams, Glenn Close

Capture.JPG.748e10dbc5cadea56db9680f9e316127.JPG

Pretty heart-warming story directed by Ron Howard.  Based on a true story (stick around for the actual video footage of the real story) on a chaotic, mountain family.  Glenn Close is almost unrecognizable as the family matriarch.  Pretty good cast overall and the dynamics of everything keep you pretty engaged.

Be nice if we had a spoiler tag options and hide anything that would be revealing.  Of course references to well known movies should be the commonsensical exception.  Then again, next thing you'll tell me is something ridiculous like Darth Vader was Luke's father or something like that.

9 minutes ago, Gordo said:

Be nice if we had a spoiler tag options and hide anything that would be revealing.  Of course references to well known movies should be the commonsensical exception.  Then again, next thing you'll tell me is something ridiculous like

Spoiler

Darth Vader was Luke's father

or something like that.

Haha it worked!

Spoiler

Now I can talk about the Justice League Snyder Cut

I'm surprised their hasn't been any talk of the Snyder Cut here. I didn't even see any in the chatbox. For those that like the 4:3 aspect ratio their is a bluray release out this week of Batman v Superman where Snyder reworked the colors and placed the 4:3 IMAX shots back in.

8 hours ago, Gordo said:

...Darth Vader was Luke's father or something like that.

What did he just say? lol

5 hours ago, raidersbball20 said:

I'm surprised their hasn't been any talk of the Snyder Cut here. I didn't even see any in the chatbox. For those that like the 4:3 aspect ratio their is a bluray release out this week of Batman v Superman where Snyder reworked the colors and placed the 4:3 IMAX shots back in.

Any movie less than 4 hours is just a waste of time.

3 hours ago, Homer said:

What did he just say? lol

Any movie less than 4 hours is just a waste of time.

Well this is going to be a pretty limited thread then. Return of the King extended cut, Gone with the Wind, Ben Hur, Snyder Cut and Ten Commandments talk here

7 hours ago, raidersbball20 said:

Well this is going to be a pretty limited thread then. Return of the King extended cut, Gone with the Wind, Ben Hur, Snyder Cut and Ten Commandments talk here

I think Watchmen cuts it close

Well, before this goes entirely off the tracks......

"We're The Millers" -  Jason Sudeikis, Jennifer Aniston, Ed Helms

Capture.thumb.JPG.6e75f5fb3badcfd9714b5913025889ce.JPG

Was in the mood for a mindless, funny movie and this one fills the bill.  If you haven't seen it, highly recommend.  Sudeikis can be a bit hit or miss, but who doesn't love him in this promo?  (sorry, embedding is escaping me at the moment on this site)

An American Coach in London: NBC Sports Premier League Film featuring Jason Sudeikis

Pretty enjoyable romp about Sudeikis, a small time pot peddler running into a problem and ends up agreeing to smuggle drugs for his boss, Ed Helms, from Mexico to the U.S., but needs a disguise.  He employs his neighbor, Aniston, as his wife and Emma Roberts (American Horror Story) and Will Poulter (The Maze Runner) as his teen age kids.  Poulter is especially hilarious as Kenny, the naive, innocent neighbor boy who's trying to find his own.  Bonus:  Aniston is pretty smokin' hot in this one as well.

The Way, Way Back (2013)

Starring Sam Rockwell, Steve Carell, Maya Rudolph, Allison Janney and AnnaSophia Robb.

550266729_TheWayWayBack.thumb.jpg.d26bd5b740daa161d2062912ac0bf5b3.jpg

Film trailer

Spoiler

Funny movie about a young boy (Liam James as Duncan) who goes on vacation with his mother (Toni Collette) and her boyfriend (Steve Carell) to a summer resort town. Carell’s character does nothing but belittle the boy until he finds a bicycle in the garage of the beach house and uses it to begin exploring the town. He discovers a water park run by Owen (Sam Rockwell, who steals every scene he is in) and Caitlin (Maya Rudolph.) Owen befriends Duncan and he slowly gets him out of his shell and makes him realize that he is worth more than Carell’s character thinks of him.

61* (2001)

Starring Barry Pepper and Thomas Jane

61.thumb.jpg.606850e88d1fdbbf1b4874fbcf776fde.jpg

Film trailer.

Spoiler

True story about the home run race between Mickey Mantle (Thomas Jane) and Roger Maris (Barry Pepper) in 1961. It portrays Maris’ struggles with the fans and writers during that season, both who were openly rooting for Mantle to break Babe Ruth’s single season home run record.