Jump to content

Football Game Like MVP 2005 with Mods


Recommended Posts

Does any one know of a (relatively recent) football game with the type of mods that MVP 2005 has?

 

Like replaying the 1985 season, or 84 Dolphins vs the 75 Steelers. 

 

I know Tecmo Bowl has them, and as much as I love that game and the mods, I'd like something with more than 8 plays :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes.  You can play NFL 2K5 on consoles as well as on the PS2 emulator.  There are also classic team rosters that were made in the past.  I would check out Operation Sports in the proper thread .... but be careful ... they get a little sensitive sometimes over there if they think you say the "wrong" thing.  But you're not going to get the mods MVP has (uniforms, faces, etc.)   My understanding is that Madden 08 for PC is more in line with that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Try 2K5 and also Madden 08. I love Madden 08 and play it to this day. Great mods available for it...here's a couple screenshots of my game.

 

And yes, Operation Sports is a mostly pathetic website.

 

2039541232_EASPORTS(tm)MaddenNFL084_4_20209_54_19PM.thumb.png.479c0b659e3a7927b772788dbb049f85.png

 

275630083_EASPORTS(tm)MaddenNFL084_13_20202_20_27PM.thumb.png.9e3768b17e6249f8997884d6ed501b31.png

 

480431320_EASPORTS(tm)MaddenNFL084_16_20208_58_41PM.thumb.png.0a4c5642845edf457fe7a54d91ccd544.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

You know guys, I'm not American, but I follow the Denver Broncos since John Elway's 2 championships with the team. I've never actually played a football game, I've just tested one in certain moment. What game do you think would be ok for an old beginner, like me?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Umachines said:

You know guys, I'm not American, but I follow the Denver Broncos since John Elway's 2 championships with the team. I've never actually played a football game, I've just tested one in certain moment. What game do you think would be ok for an old beginner, like me?

 

Like GoRedSox34 said try 2K5 and also Madden 08. Both are very good.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing about 2K5 is that even though you can't mod much more than the rosters, it's the gameplay that keeps people coming back to it.  For example, the gang tackling is apparently still not done as well in the current iteration of Madden and they had over 15 years to get it close to right.

 

https://youtu.be/T7xqPgxiEqI

Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean I could recommend Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 but the game itself is just a port of the console version so its options are extremely limited in how you can configure things.

 

There's also Axis Football 2020 but I don't know how deep their customization goes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gordo said:

That is true .... but this would be for the PC/PS2 emulator only.  You can't get new textures/photos, etc. into a console version.

That's correct, this is possible with PCSX2 (emulator) only.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just looking at the Operation Sports forums gave me cancer.  I think that forum software is from the 70s and it's hard to find files.  

 

footballidiots.com was a little better.  I'll give it a try in a bit. 

On 3/25/2021 at 12:18 PM, GoRedSox34 said:

Try 2K5 and also Madden 08. I love Madden 08 and play it to this day. Great mods available for it...here's a couple screenshots of my game.

 

And yes, Operation Sports is a mostly pathetic website.

 

2039541232_EASPORTS(tm)MaddenNFL084_4_20209_54_19PM.thumb.png.479c0b659e3a7927b772788dbb049f85.png

 

275630083_EASPORTS(tm)MaddenNFL084_13_20202_20_27PM.thumb.png.9e3768b17e6249f8997884d6ed501b31.png

 

480431320_EASPORTS(tm)MaddenNFL084_16_20208_58_41PM.thumb.png.0a4c5642845edf457fe7a54d91ccd544.png

 

What mods do you use/recommend?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Madden 08 at footballidiot has tons of mods. Even the rules have been updated. NFL 2K5 has recently started taking off as well. Madden 20 has an awesome mod called Start Today over at Operation Sports. And for college football, college football revamped on the ps3 emulator is also incredible

On 3/25/2021 at 2:15 PM, Gordo said:

The thing about 2K5 is that even though you can't mod much more than the rosters, it's the gameplay that keeps people coming back to it.  For example, the gang tackling is apparently still not done as well in the current iteration of Madden and they had over 15 years to get it close to right.

 

https://youtu.be/T7xqPgxiEqI

They just cracked textures so it's really taking off

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, homersheineken said:

Just looking at the Operation Sports forums gave me cancer.  I think that forum software is from the 70s and it's hard to find files.  

 

footballidiots.com was a little better.  I'll give it a try in a bit. 

 

What mods do you use/recommend?

 

2021 Mod at this link for everything current: Link

 

Also, to play with classic teams, in the finished mods section there is a full conversion mod called "Greatest Historical Teams".

 

Edited by GoRedSox34
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Yankee4Life said:

I have a question about the Madden 2008 game. Can I change the sound tracks like we can in Mvp ‘05? Because holy **** these songs are terrible.

 

Yes and it's very easy. Inside the game you can direct the game to any folder that has music in it to be your soundtrack.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GoRedSox34 said:

 

Yes and it's very easy. Inside the game you can direct the game to any folder that has music in it to be your soundtrack.

 

Thank you. I am going to try this tomorrow.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.