MVP 21 ~ MLB Only ~ Start of Season Rosters

Gordo

These should be released tonight in anticipation of MLB's Opening Day 2021 season.  I don't call these "Opening Day" rosters because I attempt to keep the injured players who are anticipated to come back to the 26 man roster sometime in April.  Also in regard to that, since the MLB has expanded rosters to 26 and the game only handles 25, the best thing I could think to do was go with 13/12 fielders to pitchers if FanGraphs shows 13 fielders and vice versa; then putting that supposed 26th man in the minors (typically at the AAA level).

I believe I have all of the jersey nos. correct; at the very least there are no duplicates, but this is very easy to miss, so let me know.

Additionally, if anyone knows of any pitchers who may run down the line to 1B well or maybe are used as pinch runners (even though the game doesn't allow that) so that I could adjust their speed, please post here or PM me.  Here's what I have so far:

Capture.JPG.23f4564216863c800a9fdd8071f217b6.JPG

Thanks Gordo, I'm super excited to check this out tonight once it posts!

I've got a large batch of photos I'm going to post as well - updated players from the spring who weren't in my initial team packages. Once I load in Gordo's roster and assess which players need portraits (and which players have official portraits on the team website with their new teams), I'll post this new batch of compressed .FSH portraits! 

Nice job man, thank you very much!

The only thing that keeps making me noise is the missmatching between the audio/photo ID numbers that several players have in your roster versus the ones they actually have on the community ID list. Especially because I already did make audios for some of those guys, so that's causing problems for the installed audios.

I would like to see a consensuated solution for that regard, salutes and happy season!

• 1 month later...

Going to release a bonus set of rosters today.  Mainly worked on hot/cold zone updates since MLB has the savant graphics/stats available.  Overall it seems to give out more hot zones that I've seen anywhere else.  Also updated a fair amount of contact and power nos. where it seemed warranted.

Cyberface nos. updated also other than the faces I had pointed out were not official or correct.

52 minutes ago, Gordo said:

Going to release a bonus set of rosters today.  Mainly worked on hot/cold zone updates since MLB has the savant graphics/stats available.  Overall it seems to give out more hot zones that I've seen anywhere else.  Also updated a fair amount of contact and power nos. where it seemed warranted.

Cyberface nos. updated also other than the faces I had pointed out were not official or correct.

Great work as always. Thank you.

Evan White cyberface (803) was causing a crash.  If you are getting a crash with Seattle after installing that cyberface pack, it is most likely this one.  Take out the empty extra sub-folder for White and repack it and re-install it.  Should then work.

• 2 months later...

Not starting a new thread.  Trade Deadline rosters are updated to reflect the 4 major fielding attributes for fielders (other than catchers and pitchers) based on my new defense rating ability charts.  Hopefully today or tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...

End of Season rosters compilation is starting now.  I doubt too much will be affected in this last month in terms of service time given.  As in the past, primarily longest service during the season will be on the MLB level, with a few exceptions for injuries for prominent players (Trout, Kluber, etc.).  Probably something available within the next week or so.

About 1/2 way through.  Updated fielders' speeds should be part of this.  If anyone knows of pitchers who run well, leave their names here and what speed you think they should have.

Already have these guys adjusted somewhat randomly (no stats available)

Capture.JPG.5240d0ca5a2a2ab6e7e0487db49d8937.JPG

Archived