Looking to buy a digital copy of MLB2K12

mbowkett1978

On 2/22/2022 at 3:05 PM, Dirtdog said:

Hi, it is absolutely impossible to find this game for purchase anywhere!

No it's not. I saw one around the first of the year. You have to keep looking. eBay has different listings all the time as does Amazon. Three weeks seems long enough to search for any game but it's basically hit and miss.

5 hours ago, LouisvilleLipp said:

Another problem is finding support for this game.  There are very few modders here that devote their time for MLB2K12. Nobody does rosters, stadiums, maybe a few jerseys or CF's.  MVP gets the most support of any game on this site, and it's just as old or older.

No man, Mvp 2005 is seven years older than 2k12 and in video games that is a long time.

I acquired an app that combs thru and checks 453 different cities and/or metro areas of the United States of the above aforementioned websites, classified ads, internet or social media posts for these keywords: MLB 2k12 PC

One week not a single listing.

I would say it’s close to impossible to find!

I am not used to not being able to acquire something I want.

So did I mention I am buying?

Message me if you are sick of the game, moving on to something else or taking a break from gaming entirely.

You would be surprised just how much I am paying

4 hours ago, Dirtdog said:

I acquired an app that combs thru and checks 453 different cities and/or metro areas of the United States of the above aforementioned websites, classified ads, internet or social media posts for these keywords: MLB 2k12 PC

That sounds like that's a very useful thing to have.

One week not a single listing.

I would say it’s close to impossible to find!

I would say you don't know how to be patient. I have seen this game listed many times over the years.

I am not used to not being able to acquire something I want.

What makes you so much more special than anyone else who has looked for a game?

So did I mention I am buying?

Message me if you are sick of the game, moving on to something else or taking a break from gaming entirely.

You would be surprised just how much I am paying

Why don't you tell people in here how much you are willing to pay? Maybe someone might get in touch with you. Besides that I have no other ideas.

Thanks for the replies,

Just not how I do business

I don't want to start a firestorm or raise the market value for other people's future purchases.

I will let people reach out to me first, hopefully they will?

I plan to buy more than one.

Or else I will just have to keep searching,

Yankee4Life,

Have you purchased a home in the past couple of years?

NFT or a one of a kind sports card or other memorabilia?

Maybe even a new dream car since the chip shortage started?

I don't think I am special, its the way of the world now in 2022.

I just know that if I want something I am going to overpay for it and get it.

Biggest issue that I have found is that even if you do find a copy of MLB2K12, it's very rare that the serial key is still usable. I believe there's a limit to have many times a serial key can be used (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Back in the day, you could request a new key using SecureRom and by contacting 2K but with Windows 10 and now 11, SecureRom is no longer an option and 2K no longer care about a game that's a decade old. Trust me, I have asked as I have a "locked" copy of the game :( Thankfully, it's my back up copy in case my original disk stops running. Happy hunting....but be aware of what I wrote if you do find a copy online.

1 hour ago, mbowkett1978 said:

Biggest issue that I have found is that even if you do find a copy of MLB2K12, it's very rare that the serial key is still usable. I believe there's a limit to have many times a serial key can be used (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Back in the day, you could request a new key using SecureRom and by contacting 2K but with Windows 10 and now 11, SecureRom is no longer an option and 2K no longer care about a game that's a decade old. Trust me, I have asked as I have a "locked" copy of the game :( Thankfully, it's my back up copy in case my original disk stops running. Happy hunting....but be aware of what I wrote if you do find a copy online.

Thank you for this useful information. 🙂 👍

1 hour ago, Yankee4Life said:

Thank you for this useful information. 🙂 👍

No problem. Just don't want people to get their hopes up, spend good money on a copy and then be met with disappointment when the game cannot be played. Copies can occasionally be found but ask questions prior to buying and hope the seller is being honest.

• 2 weeks later...

@mbowkett1978:  And you were able to get it to run? If so, lucky you! Time to buy a lottery ticket

it's being shipped to me now.  should have it by early next week.  I will find out it I can install and run it.  I also have mlb2k11 which I have running on windows 11.  don't see why  k12 won't run on win11 also.

• 10 months later...

Archived