Just For Informational Purposes: Why Isn't Vlad's Reditor II Listed Under 2K12 Downloads Section?

vbprogjoe

I found it by doing a search (of EVERY section of site), but I was just wondering why Vlad's Reditor II wasn't listed under the MLB 2K12 Section (Downloads Category). I had to re-download it, as Malwarebytes (newly updated version recently) flagged it under Quarantine, and it restored everything but the .exe (at least that is what it appears like), so I had to download it again. I don't remember if it was originally under the Downloads area or not (maybe it wasn't, and I did get it from the Forums originally? - the heck if I know). I was just wondering. The Admins are probably the ONLY ones who know or remember, and it was quite a few years ago when I originally downloaded it (like 2013/14), so I was just curious...

Thanks Sincerely,

Joe W. <vbprogjoe@new.rr.om>

27 minutes ago, vbprogjoe said:

I found it by doing a search (of EVERY section of site), but I was just wondering why Vlad's Reditor II wasn't listed under the MLB 2K12 Section (Downloads Category). I had to re-download it, as Malwarebytes (newly updated version recently) flagged it under Quarantine, and it restored everything but the .exe (at least that is what it appears like), so I had to download it again. I don't remember if it was originally under the Downloads area or not (maybe it wasn't, and I did get it from the Forums originally? - the heck if I know). I was just wondering. The Admins are probably the ONLY ones who know or remember, and it was quite a few years ago when I originally downloaded it (like 2013/14), so I was just curious...

Thanks Sincerely,

Admin here, glad you asked.

It's been uploaded onto the site, but because the site itself flags it as malware coming from us, I hid the file so it doesn't get review bombed by visitors. It's still a useful tool but I can't selectively block reviews.

The utility itself is flagged as a false positive on every modern AV because the program itself will try to ping an external server for updates (Vlad has not removed this function even on the final version of his utilities) and the method that it tries to reach an external server is similar to a lot of malware prorgrams.

In order to fully install it you will need to disable your AV first, install the program, then make an exception for the path it's installed in so your AV doesn't bug out once you re-enable it.

1 hour ago, vbprogjoe said:

Thanks Sincerely,

It is in the 2K modding toolbox but I had to zip the file like three times to get it to upload without flagging as a false positive.

Archived