Opening Day 2005 Roster

klondikebar07

Wanted to put out a general call to any OG players on here. As the title suggests, I'm looking for an opening day lineup for the 2005 season. It seems many of the best options at that time were continuously updated by the modders. I found SwinginSoriano's file, but there are minor league teams that are generic and won't export from MVPedit, among other things. Users like KG and the Ultimate Rosters folks seem like the go-to sources, but my searches have been in vain. I'm hoping some good soul out there still has some of the old files for that first season. Thanks.

Let me give you some actual direction.  If you want historical information, baseball-reference.com is probably your best source.  Took me a minute to find the "seasons" link and then went back to 2005.  You'll have to look at each box score from each game to see the actual line-ups, if that's what you're wanting:

https://www.baseball-reference.com./leagues/majors/2005-schedule.shtml

On 6/28/2021 at 2:58 AM, klondikebar07 said:

Wanted to put out a general call to any OG players on here. As the title suggests, I'm looking for an opening day lineup for the 2005 season. It seems many of the best options at that time were continuously updated by the modders. I found SwinginSoriano's file, but there are minor league teams that are generic and won't export from MVPedit, among other things. Users like KG and the Ultimate Rosters folks seem like the go-to sources, but my searches have been in vain. I'm hoping some good soul out there still has some of the old files for that first season. Thanks.

I think the first EA patch for MVP 2005 updates the roster a little bit past the first couple months of the season, but I may be wrong (EA had a mid-season roster update as part of either patch 3 or 4, if I remember). A lot of files we're hosting are not exactly uploaded in chronological order due to the forum software and upgrades we've done on the site over the years. Some things may be even lost to time. Sorry if I haven't been able to help.

Archived