French MVP 2005 player here need your help please

LAURENT

Hello,

I'am a French player of MVP 2005 on PC and I need your help to update my game with 2021 rosters and  players portraits.

If I'am right, the best thing to do for get that is to install a 2021 mod file ....right or wrong ?

And if it's the best thing to do, could anybody here tell me step by step how to install this 2021 mod file on my computer ?

Thanks by advance and be safe with coronavirus :)

There is no 2021 total conversion mod. If there was then I would gladly point it out to you so you can be on your way to playing the game.

Your rosters need to be uploaded along with cyberfaces. Check out the latest roster by Gordo that was just released a few days ago. It is a very good one.

You can try to install the 2015 mod and start updating from there (PM me).

Mainly, do a fresh install of MVP 2005 from your discs and add Official Patch #3.  (Keep this around as your "base" game --- don't mod it).

Make an entire copy of that install.  You can rename it whatever you want (the .exe file within the main folder will still be mvp2005, but that doesn't matter)

Mod the copy however you desire.  Consider trying the 2015 TC mod as this was the last full TC mod.  (PM me).

Hello from France,

I downloaded an update roster file with 2021 opening roster on this site, but I can't open the roster sav file on the MVP Edit editor.....could anybody tell me step by step how to open it ?

1/ Does I must transform the sav file in a MBE file ???? and How to do it ???

2/ how to import players from old roster file (ie Derek Jeter) on the 2021 yankee roster with MVP edit ?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2021 at 6:16 PM, Gordo said:

You can try to install the 2015 mod and start updating from there (PM me).

Mainly, do a fresh install of MVP 2005 from your discs and add Official Patch #3.  (Keep this around as your "base" game --- don't mod it).

Make an entire copy of that install.  You can rename it whatever you want (the .exe file within the main folder will still be mvp2005, but that doesn't matter)

Mod the copy however you desire.  Consider trying the 2015 TC mod as this was the last full TC mod.  (PM me).

Hello,

I'am coming back from hollydays, could you help me ?

I'am able to import old deter Jeter, Mike piazza, Burnitz ect from and older file in my 2021 roster file but......they are in my game but they haven't their portrait ?

Could you help me please ?

36 minutes ago, LAURENT said:

Hello,

I'am coming back from hollydays, could you help me ?

I'am able to import old deter Jeter, Mike piazza, Burnitz ect from and older file in my 2021 roster file but......they are in my game but they haven't their portrait ?

Could you help me please ?

Do not bump your posts/threads. Thank you!

On 7/16/2021 at 12:15 AM, LAURENT said:

Hello from France,

I downloaded an update roster file with 2021 opening roster on this site, but I can't open the roster sav file on the MVP Edit editor.....could anybody tell me step by step how to open it ?

1/ Does I must transform the sav file in a MBE file ???? and How to do it ???

2/ how to import players from old roster file (ie Derek Jeter) on the 2021 yankee roster with MVP edit ?

Thanks

You cannot convert SAV files for MBE use.  SAV files are native to the game only.

You can take any player and export them from within MVPedit (saves as an .mep file); then open the roster within MVPedit to which you want bring that player and import from wherever you saved it.

17 hours ago, Gordo said:

You can take any player and export them from within MVPedit (saves as an .mep file); then open the roster within MVPedit to which you want bring that player and import from wherever you saved it.

That's what I did, but when I play their portrait are not in ?

Does there are an option in MVPEdit to click for importing the player name, attributes act....and his portrait too ? or does this is automatic ? because I don't understand why I imported them and neither of them have their portrait ?

Portraits are a separate file and housed in portrait.big.  The player file is that only:  general player looks and attributes.  You'd have to find a portrait file, know that number and if it doesn't match the number of the player you're trying to import, then you'd have to change that number in MVPedit (or the .dat file directly).  However, it is a different number, there's a chance someone else in the game also has that number (you can check that in MVPedit as well easily) and so he'd share that portrait as well).

The problem basically is that you're mixing and matching eras.

I'am not sure to understand all what you mean ( my English isn't  very very good for a French).

In Exemple if in my file Jeter as the number portrait 29 what I must do with MVPEdit to put his portrait in place of the original player with portrait number 29 on 2021 mods file ?

It would go by the portrait number.  So if your Jeter portrait file no. is, say, 1234, then the audio/portrait ID in MVPedit will have to be changed to 1234.  However, another player may already have 1234 since you are trying to bring him into a modern roster.  The other player who has 1234 could be changed to 0000 to give him a generic portrait.  Otherwise that other player will also have Jeter's portrait. 

Newer players take over older, retired players portrait and cyberface nos.

Ok thanks you

In your example :

Do you know how with MVPedit I could found the other player with 1234 audio/portrait ID ?

because when I put Jeter in my new roster file......., when I play the game, the name jeter and the attributes are  in but the portrait is not jeter portrait but the portrait of another player ?

I don't understand why MVPEdit don't overwrite this portrait by the jeter portrait

I exported jeter from the original MVP 2005 roster in mpe format.

I import him on my 2021 roster file and all is good in exception of his portrait because the portrait in place is not Jeter portrait but the portrait of the player with the same number ID than Jeter in the 2021 roster file....and I don't understand why MVPEdit don't overwrite this portrait 

Do I must change an option on the editor to overwrite existing portrait or does this is automatic usually ?

I've already explained it.  You're asking the same question.

Because the portrait is housed in portrait.big.  It's not "connected" directly to Jeter's player files that make up his attributes (the .dat files).  You could conceivably extract Jeter's portrait from the original portrait.big, get the 4 digit number and then in your current roster, assign that portrait ID to Jeter.  Then, import that portrait file using TiT.  BUT AGAIN IF IT IS THE SAME NUMBER, SAY, USED BY ANOTHER MAJOR LEAGUER, THEN JETER'S PORTRAIT WILL SHOW UP FOR THAT PLAYER AS WELL BECAUSE YOU ARE OVERWRITING IT.

That's all I got for ya.

2 minutes ago, LAURENT said:

Sorry English isn't my first language, I am French, so I am not always sure of what you explain me 

You really need to be familiar with how to go about doing this and be comfortable with how to do it. He explained it very well but at the same time he can not help you apply it. Yes it can be done but you really need to know what you are doing before you attempt it. If not you can bet you are going to get your game to crash.

Let me ask you this. Why do you need Jeter in this season's game? I'd download Mvp 12 or 13 and he will already be there. Saves you a ton of work and aggravation.

Archived