I need help with MVPedit

leivis
Message added by Kccitystar,

merged duplicate topics together and did some cleanup

Hola a todos, tengo un problema con mi mvpedit, estaba editando algunas listas, pero cuando quiero importar los datos a la carpeta de la base de datos, parece que el archivo hist.dat es de solo lectura y no se puede sobrescribir. exportación detenida. 

2 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

English only on this forum. Also if you need to use Spanish you can go to the Mvp Caribe site and they will help you there.

This is not helpful, like at all. Let's not do this.

While the site guidelines do explain that the site is US based and a significant if not 90% of the posts here are in English, again, we do have a significant amount of users who are not based in the US, let alone don't speak English as their primary language. It's inevitable that we will run into posts and threads like these, so with that in mind, it's on us as members of this site and as staff to take a nuanced approach to try and be helpful.

You and I have been around this site for a considerable amount of time to know that the community for the MVP series is fairly global, and we do have a significant chunk of non-english speaking registered members on this site. A lot of the mods made for the game and downloads of those same works come from outside of the US and are hosted here.

My suggestion is to let this thread simmer around for a while, and someone is bound to respond in their ideal language before taking that step in directing them somewhere else for support.

Hello everyone, I have a problem with my mvpedit, I was editing some rosters, but when I want to import the data to the database folder, this appears the file hist.dat is read-only and cannot be overwritten. export halted.

1 hour ago, leivis said:

Hello everyone, I have a problem with my mvpedit, I was editing some rosters, but when I want to import the data to the database folder, this appears the file hist.dat is read-only and cannot be overwritten. export halted.

30 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

Did you look at the files in the database folder and confirm that they are not set to be read-only?

I would make sure that the entire database folder itself is not read-only since that would apply to all files in the folder as well

4 minutes ago, Kccitystar said:

I would make sure that the entire database folder itself is not read-only since that would apply to all files in the folder as well

Good point. I should have mentioned that as well. :good:

15 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

You and I have been around this site for a considerable amount of time to know that the community for the MVP series is fairly global, and we do have a significant chunk of non-english speaking registered members on this site. A lot of the mods made for the game and downloads of those same works come from outside of the US and are hosted here.

My suggestion is to let this thread simmer around for a while, and someone is bound to respond in their ideal language before taking that step in directing them somewhere else for support.

Now that's true. Ok, good enough for me.

Archived