Mvp Baseball 2005 League

Derekx2Z

Not easy to do, but I can give you some starter points if you like.  Minimally, players should live in fairly close proximity and you'll have to all have the same critical files (I would go with the original game with minimal modding, but cyberfaces will work).  

I do have sliders, etc. that work well online.  We play with the classic pitching mod (the pitch meter is off screen and you basically pitch by feel and watch the pitching motion of the pitcher to time your pitches --- with practice it works well.  You do this in part because the batting team can see the pitching team's pitch meter.

I have few more that I remember from the online league we had in here over fifteen years ago and for our challenge series that we had in here.

1. If there are say six people in the league use the stadiums that EA made in the original install. Pick out six unmodded stadiums and have everyone have them in your game. Unmodded  out-of-the-box stadiums are easier to play with online. So if you are using the Mets you have to use Shea Stadium for example and so does everyone else. Just temporarily replace your modded stadium with the stock version.

2. Pick a datafile and have everyone use the same one. Same for the rosters. You don't want one guy using the Nationals and Max Scherzer is on the team and he goes against a Dodger team with Scherzer on that team.

One final thing. In the league that was played in here Hory was a part of it and that guy lives in New Zealand. They got his games in. And Mark (Scotland) and I used to play all the time.

• 7 months later...

Archived