US Cellular WIP

Pirate

Deacs,

What a great game today - between the Cubs and the Sox - I guess we are a home run team, after all.

Anyway, I am working on a CTS screen with the Sox. Should have it posted by the end of the week. If you have a favorite picture that can replace the Boston Redsox Click To Start screen, let me know.

- Nothing against Boston, I just LOVE the other Sox. :)

Chitownron.

I only saw the one big inning off Rusch- Rowand HR, Konerko 2B off wall, Borchard HR, Aj HR. Not too bad. How about Tuesday's game vs. LAA? McCarthy's looking really tough!

The CTS screen sounds like a great idea. I saw a good 04 one on here last year, but I couldn't get it to work.

As for nothing against Boston, I disagree. I was so sick of hearing about all those "long-suffering" Red Sox fans whose team hadn't won a WS since 1918... Well the ChiSox fans have been waiting since 1917, which unless I am mistaken is a longer wait! Plus the Bostonians have been to four WS (67, 75, 86 and now 04) since the last time our Sox won a pennant (59). Also, in the last 50 years Boston has made 10 postseason appearances, while the ChiSox have made 4.

So, who's fans really deserve to be called "long-suffering?"

OK, I've vented enough now. I apologize to all Boston fans who may take offense to this and I congratulate on for last season. I just needed to point out how slighted the White Sox are because they're overshadowed by that other team.

Anyway, looking forward to the CTS screen.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear ya, Deacs. (Regarding Boston) They will have their hands full with NY this year. I think this will be a good year in baseball for everyone because there were so many off-season moves. I can't wait!

I also think McCarthy is gold, especially once he gets that new Change up working the way he wants. He is also so calm, articulate and poised. He's a winner. I also like Stewart, Honel, Andersen, man.. I can go on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pirate,

What type of Pics do you need for the stadium?

There are no guarantees (is what they told me), but I can do some research myself if they don't come through.

Thanks, again.

Ron

I need a straight on shot of the new softball/baseball skills plaza that is being built in left field above the stands where the chevy ad used to be..

I also need a straight on shot of the center field fan plaza that is below the scoreboard. I need it detailed and straight on and of high resolution.

Thanks

Pirate, is it possible to use the roof graphics from The Ballpark in Arlington for the new US Cellular roof? I think that they look pretty close.

PS Loved your work from last year and your Jacobs Field Mod this year keep up the awesome work.

So, who's fans really deserve to be called "long-suffering?"

Well, the point is that having your heart broken in astonishing ways in 45, 49, 67, 75, 78, 86, 99 and 03, among others, is a hell of a lot more painful than having a team that just sucks for 50 straight years. There were definite years when the Sox had no chance, so their fans have managed to go through both extremes. White Sox fans haven't experienced the same level of torture at just missing the promised land, plus they've been terrible for so long they've become a non-entity.

Plus, there are two extenuating circumstances. For everyone outside of Chicago, the focus is on the Cubs since they have the nice park and have gone another 9 years without a victory. No one really knows the northside / southside division unless you're familiar with the city; I certainly didn't know it until I moved here.

And, most importantly, there's a feeling, illogical as it may be, that the White Sox deserve it karmically for the Black Sox. Even know I have a certain antipathy towards that organization just because of that in their past, which is stupid, but that's how it is.

And it's also because of the park. Comiskey is just totally charmless, only better than the original Anaheim Stadium out of the parks I've been to. It's a shame they decided to build it right before all the nice parks started coming out.

Well, the point is that having your heart broken in astonishing ways in 45, 49, 67, 75, 78, 86, 99 and 03, among others, is a hell of a lot more painful than having a team that just sucks for 50 straight years. There were definite years when the Sox had no chance, so their fans have managed to go through both extremes. White Sox fans haven't experienced the same level of torture at just missing the promised land, plus they've been terrible for so long they've become a non-entity.

Plus, there are two extenuating circumstances. For everyone outside of Chicago, the focus is on the Cubs since they have the nice park and have gone another 9 years without a victory. No one really knows the northside / southside division unless you're familiar with the city; I certainly didn't know it until I moved here.

And, most importantly, there's a feeling, illogical as it may be, that the White Sox deserve it karmically for the Black Sox. Even know I have a certain antipathy towards that organization just because of that in their past, which is stupid, but that's how it is.

And it's also because of the park. Comiskey is just totally charmless, only better than the original Anaheim Stadium out of the parks I've been to. It's a shame they decided to build it right before all the nice parks started coming out.

Hold on now, I wouldn't go so far as to say they've been "terrible" for 50 years, aside from some years in the 70s, the Sox have been an average to good baseball team. They just get to play second fiddle to the "lovable cubbies", the Red Sox on the other hand are the one and only team in the minds of Boston fans, it's not like the Braves were any good when they were there. How is Wrigley a "nice park"? It's old and decrepid and falling apart. Yes, it has history, but the park sucks. It just seems unfair that the Cubs are allowed to be "lovable losers" whereas the Sox are chastised for it.

When did my stadium mod topic get hijacked? 8O

GO TO THE MLB SUB FORUM

:D

Sorry, I certainly don't want to upset you, I just got pissed off by all sorts of obnoxious Cubs fans at the game on Monday, I needed to vent. I truly appreciate all of the stadiums you have worked on, the BOB is crazy realistic, even seeing the Discount Tire sign on the billboard was cool, I used to work at their corporate hq, the ad only appears for one inning. Anyway, I truly hope you can take crap that is the current cell and make it as beautiful as all of your other work! I moved from Ohio to Arizona so I'm pretty sure I won't be going to any Sox games, playing on my PC and watching MLB Extra Innings will have to do!

I will hijack my own thread.

Where in Ohio? I am moving to Phoenix in a couple months. I need info on the cheapest moving trucks and where a good place to live would be.

My fiance (wife when we move) and I are looking for a townhouse or Condo to buy, have any ideas of nice places close to Camelback or Phoenix Mountain park that a couple living on $60k can afford?

I will hijack my own thread.

Where in Ohio? I am moving to Phoenix in a couple months. I need info on the cheapest moving trucks and where a good place to live would be.

My fiance (wife when we move) and I are looking for a townhouse or Condo to buy, have any ideas of nice places close to Camelback or Phoenix Mountain park that a couple living on $60k can afford?

NW Ohio; Toledo, Fremont, Huron. I moved out here last June. I came right to N. Scottsdale and found a job and a place to live. When I came out here I only brought with me what would fit in my car because I wasn't sure if I was going to stay, so I can't really help you much with the moving trucks. I don't really know much about housing around Camelback (the road or the mountain). I guess I'm a snob because I never leave Scottsdale, I hardly ever need to. It all depends on how much you really can deal to part with, my fiancee and make about $55,000/year right now and we're moving into a 1 bedroom for $910/month, we're willing to part with our money to live right next door to where we work, it will save on gas and other expenses, plus the headache of sitting in traffic. I know there are some nice places around central phoenix anywhere from $500-1500/month, it all depends on amenities. I would just stay away from I-17.

That helps, i sent a week out there in October, while she was doing a month long internship at Scottsdale Health Systems.

I fell in love with the area, and we find out tomarrow where she will be working so I think in April we will fly out and find a place.

Scottsdale had everything anyone needs, I loved that place we were staying just down from where the Giants play.... on East osborn Road, nice apartments $750 for 2 bedrooms, pools basketball court and a weight room. If we end up in Scottsdale we may just move in there.

That helps, i sent a week out there in October, while she was doing a month long internship at Scottsdale Health Systems.

I fell in love with the area, and we find out tomarrow where she will be working so I think in April we will fly out and find a place.

Scottsdale had everything anyone needs, I loved that place we were staying just down from where the Giants play.... on East osborn Road, nice apartments $750 for 2 bedrooms, pools basketball court and a weight room. If we end up in Scottsdale we may just move in there.

I went to the Giants/Brewers game yesterday, my 3rd straight spring training game. I left because it was cold (55-60 is cold to me now!) and there were mosquitoes, two things I thought I left back in Ohio. I think it's very nice around that area, I actually walked around and I liked it. I normally drive (speed) through central Scottsdale and never really took the time to look around. Scottsdale Stadium is VERY nice as well, although Tucson Electric Park is not too bad either. Well, if you do end up making it out here, good luck! Since I know Scottsdale a little better than Phoenix, I might be able to help a little if you need it. Right now I need to get to the airport. By the way, I went to the Jake last year and took TONS of pictures with the idea of modding it, and then you go and release it a week or two later, thanks for saving me the trouble of trying to figure out OEdit!

Cool guys, it's nice to have Cyberfriends. I hope you can help each other out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In regard to the Sox Park. I will try to get those pics ASAP.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Deacs and Archrival:

By the way, I love the Sox, no matter what! :D - I still live in Chicago and am one of the (now) 1.5 million season ticket holders - a new preseason record!

I also believe that Guillen will make this them a winner by focusing on the basics, but it will take another year or so.

However, they did win a pennent in 2000, and the year of the Strike, were angled to win it all!

Hell, if Maggs and Frank did not go down last year, they would have easily won another Pennent and had over 300 home runs.

- My last thoughts on this matter!

Sorry To Deacs and Archrival:

The Sox won the division in 2000, not the pennent - just had to correct myself. :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pirate, I have some pics for you (don't know how useful they'll be, but don't know how to attach them. Can you help?

THX, again

:)

White Sox fans haven't experienced the same level of torture at just missing the promised land, plus they've been terrible for so long they've become a non-entity.

Torture? I know about the close-calls the BoSox have had and WISH the ChiSox had as good fortune- at least they're in the playoffs. Chicago's finished 2nd SEVEN times in the past 10 years. Now I dispute that they've been 'terrible,' but I wish they could make postseason on a regular basis like Boston. Also, our owner helped fire the torpedo that killed 94 when his team was in 1st place, a year after a division title. That was torturous.

Plus, there are two extenuating circumstances. For everyone outside of Chicago, the focus is on the Cubs since they have the nice park and have gone another 9 years without a victory.

Wrigley is a nice park- as long as you don't mind concrete falling on your head. Seriously, it has some very nice qualities but it is vastly overrated, and there's no place to park. The seats are cramped and there are a lot of obstructed views unless you're in the bleachers. (On a side note, I personally found the view from the press box awful the one time I was there, and I had to duck to get into the postgame interview room- and I'm only 5-5!)

Comiskey is just totally charmless.... It's a shame they decided to build it right before all the nice parks started coming out.

I agree it is a shame, but I wouldn't call it charmless. Besides, they've been working on improving it the last five years, and I think they've done a pretty good job.

I realize the Cubs get more attention, and with the East Coast media bias, Boston does also. Nothing will change that, it just upsets me.

Anyway, sorry we got off-topic Pirate. Now back to our regularly-scheduled discussion.

Done Pirate

Emailed you 17 pics from my Comcast account.

Hope to send more later if I can.

I hope this helps.

I also sent pics sent to me during the actual contruction:

- The Fundamentals stills area

- The new Scout Stadium seats for season ticket holders

- The roof, etc.

Also sent a word doc explaining some of the changes.

Thanks

Chitownron

:)

BIGBALLIN245 is a kid, guys.

He has also asked for a LOT of help from us if you look at his history of his posts. At any rate, Bigballin245, mind your own forum-business.

How can you live in Houston, but want Safeco and Bank One ball park stadiuim updates?

Anyway, If you are not a Sox fan, that's fine. But my advice to you is to pick a team, and cheer them on, and not worry about the White Sox.

Good Luck with your XBOX Stadiums. :D

SOX PRIDE, FOREVER!

Archived