Yankee4Life

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, sabugo said:

There should also be a 'hitting clock', or at least some kind of rule that stop hitters from messing with their batting gloves 697 times each time they step off. Get over yourselves and hit the damn ball!

According to this article, hitters are assessed a strike if they are not ready to hit when there are 9 seconds left on the pitch clock. 

Pitchers are penalized a ball if the pitch clock expires. 

https://theathletic.com/news/pitch-clock-minor-league/n0D82u2AnSpv/?amp=1

11 minutes ago, sabugo said:

Sounds good!

It sure does. I am sick of these four hour games and every time the Yankees and Red Sox play they act like it is the final game of the season. Always have a good pillow and something nice to drink when you watch these two teams and best of luck!

3 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

Gutless outing by Severino. This is the beginning of the end.

Gutless?  He left the game due to shoulder tightness and is scheduled for an MRI. tomorrow. Hopefully he’s not injured. 

The beginning of the end?  the Yankees are still up by 14 games in the AL East. It seems a little early to be throwing in the towel. 

2 hours ago, Ritchie said:

Taillon on his game once again.  gave up another HR - this time by Devers.

It seems like all the Yankee pitchers give up HRs to Devers. Taillon recovered quite nicely, retiring the last 17 batters he faced and giving up only 2 hits in 6 innings. 

I was very happy with these past two games and was glad to see them playing like they should be.

Two things I really liked about today:

1. The first time up Cole made Devers uncomfortable at the plate and the guy stared him down because he may have wanted to start a fight because that is what Boston is known for. It didn’t work on Cole and Devers struck out.

2. Joey Gallo homered. If this guy can get going he can really end up helping the team a lot.

1 hour ago, Ritchie said:

For us Yankees fans we better hope some team beats the stros in the playoffs because for sure the Yankees won't..

You know why? Because they are believing their own hype right now. Giving Domingo German the ball??? What the F***???

@Jim825 my point was that when a team gives a pitcher a good lead, he should pitch to hold that lead and not give up any runs. Back in my high school days, we had a kangaroo court for many blunders and this was included.

Mike King out for season with fractured elbow.  What's next??