Official Yankee fan thread

Yankee4Life

@Jim825 

Nice performance by Montas yesterday - 5 innings, 1 hit, 7 K’s. Relievers that followed did well until Holmes had a nail biter 9th inning. The Yankees got an important win but there are still concerns with the hitters, other than Judge. There were still too many runners left in scoring position. 

yes, it's about time.

Hopefully they can build on this win and start to do better as the Twins and old friends Gary Sanchez and Gio Urshela visit Yankee Stadium starting today. 

remains to be seen

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another good win today, this time against the Twins. I expect that Yankee4Life was yelling when Sanchez hit the long home run to tie up the game. Judge and IKF later hit home runs to give the Yankees the 5-2 win. It was nice to see the Yankees score more than 2 runs and for Holmes to have an uneventful 9th inning for the save. 

57 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

Another good win today, this time against the Twins. I expect that Yankee4Life was yelling when Sanchez hit the long home run to tie up the game. Judge and IKF later hit home runs to give the Yankees the 5-2 win. It was nice to see the Yankees score more than 2 runs and for Holmes to have an uneventful 9th inning for the save. 

No Jim, I didn’t I have not watched any game since the last game of the Oakland series. I completely missed the Angels and Rays series because I don’t want to be upset anymore. But I have been keeping up with them on the N.Y. Post website and the highlights from the MLB account. Montas did do a great job yesterday and was thrilled to see that. I’m pulling for him to be productive for the Yankees.

I saw Sanchez’ home run on a replay just now and as you and I both know when he gets a hold of one it will go a long way. I did yell out when he struck out in the ninth. We both know he does that a lot too.

Is Stanton hurt?

15 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

No Jim, I didn’t I have not watched any game since the last game of the Oakland series. I completely missed the Angels and Rays series because I don’t want to be upset anymore. But I have been keeping up with them on the N.Y. Post website and the highlights from the MLB account. Montas did do a great job yesterday and was thrilled to see that. I’m pulling for him to be productive for the Yankees.

I saw Sanchez’ home run on a replay just now and as you and I both know when he gets a hold of one it will go a long way. I did yell out when he struck out in the ninth. We both know he does that a lot too.

Is Stanton hurt?

Read in the Post Stanton got hurt fouling a ball and then no-hit Hicks batted for him later in the game.  But nothing else. 

He fouled the ball, but it didn’t hit him. It was more the way he landed when he followed through on his swing. He fell forward and had to catch himself. He tried jogging it off but you could see there was some pain so Boone and the trainer took him out. 

The closer situation it's very complicated with our Yankees, I have no faith in Chapman,  Holmes give me less confidence that Aroldis, and I can't find more options, this should be our highest concern, the batting issues should be resolved later or sooner.

Despite playing almost an entire AAA lineup, the Yankees win the first game in 12 innings. Peraza goes 3 for 5 to get his first major league hits and Perez gets the game winning RBI. It’s nice to see the young guys coming through. They are the future of this team. 

10 hours ago, Jim825 said:

Despite playing almost an entire AAA lineup, the Yankees win the first game in 12 innings. Peraza goes 3 for 5 to get his first major league hits and Perez gets the game winning RBI. It’s nice to see the young guys coming through. They are the future of this team. 

I could not agree more. And with more experience they will even get better.

7 hours ago, Ritchie said:

Lead down to 4 1/2 games. Rays in town. I checked box score and saw 10 LOB with 1 for 8 RISP vs Twins. Although 10 hits - still could not score.  Lead will shrink this weekend because I have no faith in this team. 

I don't either and that is why I have not been watching. I'm on the sideline with half the team when they are needed the most. The injuries these guys get are ridiculous.

Let me know how they do.

26 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

I don't either and that is why I have not been watching. I'm on the sideline with half the team when they are needed the most. The injuries these guys get are ridiculous.

Let me know how they do.

I don't watch either as I don't have MLB tv subscription anymore so I'll have to check the box score in the morning.

too many injuries, too little hitting, too many left on base, no scoring except for a game here and there.  man, Tampa Bay can really do some damage to the Yankees ego this weekend if they sweep as the Rays probably have at lease 2 of the same starters as last weekend - one of them Kluber.