Yankee4Life

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

I am happy - no, I’m thrilled at what Aaron Judge did last night and for what he has been doing all year but it overshadowed one big thing last night. Clay Holmes practically put the game out of reach with that home run he gave up in the eighth inning. That is what worries me.

Holmes said he did that to have Stanton clout the game winning grand slam. No, just  kidding. Yankees have a closer problem and Holmes is not the answer.   So far the only good thing about this season IS Judge. 

And almost another loss to a  "weak NL central team" as Boone had called them. 

Oswaldo Cabrera can play the outfield pretty good and also the infield and he is showing he can become a pretty good hitter. I like the way he plays.

My question is how are the Yankees going to ruin him?

One more question. When do you think is the next time Severino will go on the disabled list?😬

2 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

Oswaldo Cabrera can play the outfield pretty good and also the infield and he is showing he can become a pretty good hitter. I like the way he plays.

My question is how are the Yankees going to ruin him?

One more question. When do you think is the next time Severino will go on the disabled list?😬

Always the ray of sunshine. :facepalm:

Just enjoy the win . . . 

9 hours ago, Jim825 said:

Always the ray of sunshine. :facepalm:

Just enjoy the win . . . 

No, you're wrong about what I meant. I was enjoying the win and I was happy that they beat a team they were supposed to. I was thinking about how Cabrera will ber handled next year because the Yankees do not have a good track record of handing prospects. As for Severino, he's a show-off hot dog who does his best work on the bench while cheering the team on. I also want the best for him too if you are wondering.

Jordan Montgomery only made it through four innings last night and gave up six runs, all earned. He has been hit hard for the third start in a row and four of his last six mound appearances. He has a 8.16 ERA over his last three starts. Couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy. He must think he is back in pinstripes with the way he has been pitching. **** HIM.

20 hours ago, Jim825 said:

Again, why does it matter what he does?  The Yankees have Bader now and he has been doing well. 

Um, it does matter. When he got to St. Louis he had a lot of success and then he blamed the Yankee coaching staff for his troubles in the Bronx. He was not that good of a pitcher here Jim. Oh, he'd start the game well but then he'd fall apart and that was it. If you believe him it was the coaching that held him back. Now that the National League is beginning to figure him out I am very happy he is doing so bad.

And you are right. Bader has been doing well.

15 hours ago, Ritchie said:

Talk of DFA Chapman BEFORE end of season. 

Oh, wouldn't that be nice? This way he can run out and get another tattoo.

4 hours ago, Ritchie said:

congratulations to the Yankees on winning the division but they are not built for the post season.  certain players, 'strike-out King Stanton', Donaldson, etc NEED to start hitting, USS Cole, Schmidt, Holmes needs to start pitching.

I watched the game yesterday for the first time in a long time and I was very impressed.

I am thrilled that the Yankees made me eat my words as they ended up winning the division. I didn’t expect that and I am glad I was wrong.

I think they can go far in the playoffs but everything has to come together. But you know something? Every team has to say the same thing.

My biggest concern is Stanton. He swings at outside pitches and lets the ones right down the middle go.

Now about the Blue Jays: They prove to be one of baseball’s inferior and classless organizations again and again. Their pitchers are unintentionally (wink wink) walking Judge over and over and when they won in extra innings on Monday Fat Vlad was saying that it was “my house” over and over. If anyone deserves a fastball right in his mouth it’s him.

Going to be tough for Judge to win triple crown. Not pitching to him and will have to get multiple hit games rest of season to overtake Arraez. 

If Boone doesn't have Cortes open the ALDS, he is a BONEHEAD. 

Edited by Ritchie