Official Yankee fan thread

Yankee4Life

7 hours ago, Ritchie said:

PS:. Sorry, us Yankees fans, but with the pitching matchup tonight, I have to take Quantril over 'USS' Cole. 

You must be disappointed by the result, then. 

4 hits, 1 run and 8 Ks for Cole. I’ll take that any day. 

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Jim825 said:

You must be disappointed by the result, then. 

4 hits, 1 run and 8 Ks for Cole. I’ll take that any day. 

It's about time this bag of $$$ paid his dues in the PS for the Yankees. We'll see what he does his next start, IF they make it that far. 

Edited by Ritchie

8 hours ago, Ritchie said:

It's about time this bag of $$$ paid his dues in the PS for the Yankees. We'll see what he does his next start, IF they make it that far. 

Come on now, I know you were nervous. So was I. I am nervous this time of year with anyone on the mound. But Cole did great and the way he got out of the third inning will do nothing but build his confidence.

50 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

Come on now, I know you were nervous. So was I. I am nervous this time of year with anyone on the mound. But Cole did great and the way he got out of the third inning will do nothing but build his confidence.

Yes, giving up the HR, I said to myself, here we go again. But Cole still has to prove to me pitching in the PS  for the Yankees. 

3 hours ago, Ritchie said:

Yankees $uck.  0 for 7 RISP. Judge 0 for 5 with 4 K's.  He had his walk-off year.  Taillion $uck$.  Good bye until next year, STANKEES as they will NOT win 2 games in Cleveland - had their many chances. 

No, not at all. They didn’t hit well because they went up against Shane Bieber who as we all know is no slouch. Tomorrow is a must game and with Severino going we can win it.

Taillon was the hard luck loser. He give up two bloops and the Indians get the lead. If you want to blame someone blame Donaldson.

Let Judge walk. He's a DUD in the PS. 

Without Judge the Yankees would not be playing right now.

1 hour ago, Yankee4Life said:

No, not at all. They didn’t hit well because they went up against Shane Bieber who as we all know is no slouch. Tomorrow is a must game and with Severino going we can win it.

Taillon was the hard luck loser. He give up two bloops and the Indians get the lead. If you want to blame someone blame Donaldson.

Without Judge the Yankees would not be playing right now.

Maybe so, but Judge $uck$ in the PS and with one hit by anyone with RISP and they win. This whole team $uck$ as a hitting team and they will be going home as losers this weekend.  Another disappointment of a team. 

It’s always nice when Debbie Downer makes an appearance here . . . 

Spoken like a true Yankees fan. NOT!  :facepalm:

Maybe you should root for a team like the A’s. That way you never have to worry about them missing the playoffs or disappointing you because of a bad season. 

1 hour ago, Jim825 said:

It’s always nice when Debbie Downer makes an appearance here . . . 

Spoken like a true Yankees fan. NOT!  :facepalm:

Maybe you should root for a team like the A’s. That way you never have to worry about them missing the playoffs or disappointing you because of a bad season. 

Well this team can't hit their way out of a wet paper bag even if there already is a hole in it. And your happy how this team is doing in the PS. Another loss tonight. 

Well this team can't hit their way out of a wet paper bag even if there already is a hole in it. And your happy how this team is doing in the PS. Another loss tonight. 

Again, you are half right. Remember, Bieber was pitching. He is no slouch or pushover. Yes, they blew their chances later in the game but there is no way you can believe they will lose tonight because of yesterday.

47 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

Again, you are half right. Remember, Bieber was pitching. He is no slouch or pushover. Yes, they blew their chances later in the game but there is no way you can believe they will lose tonight because of yesterday.

If Judge continues to be a problem, 2 for 37 with 27 K's vs Guardians in 3 Post seasons, and team waits for that 2 run HR or 3 run HR they will. Guardians home field advantage now. Don't like their chances.  Triston Mckenzie vs Yankees on July 3 7IP 1 hit 7 K's

Edited by Ritchie

7 hours ago, Fiebre said:

The closer is our big weakness, still believe we can win this series.   

I still remembered that hard series some years ago when we beat the Indians of Fausto Carmona and CC Sabathia at their top 

Not if they don't hit with RISP. Did you see how the Padres did it to the Dodgers last night in the 7th inning? That's the way it's done. This series should have been over in 3 games for these STANKEES. But no, and with USS Cole on the mound tonight with short rest, I don't think so. Guardians have the momentum. 

Sorry to say, but countdown time until Quantril dominates the STANKEES and puts them to sleep for the winter. Wouldn't have gotten by the 'stros anyway. Another disappointed season!!!!!!!!! STANKEES have ONLY 1 world series title in 13 years. 

Judge: do yourself a favor and head back to home out west. You'll be better off playing there. 

Edited by Ritchie

32 minutes ago, Ritchie said:

Sorry to say, but countdown time until Quantril dominates the STANKEES and puts them to sleep for the winter. 

You mean like he did in Game 1 on Tuesday  when the Yankees scored 4 runs off of him and won the game 4-1? :facepalm:

Is that what you mean when you say he will dominate the Yankees?  If so, I hope he dominates them too!

21 hours ago, Fiebre said:

I still remembered that hard series some years ago when we beat the Indians of Fausto Carmona and CC Sabathia at their top 

So do I. It was a tough one.

4 hours ago, Ritchie said:

Sorry to say, but countdown time until Quantril dominates the STANKEES and puts them to sleep for the winter. Wouldn't have gotten by the 'stros anyway. Another disappointed season!!!!!!!!! STANKEES have ONLY 1 world series title in 13 years. 

He didn't do it tonight and the Yankees are still hanging in there. I'm nervous but hopeful.

10 hours ago, Jim825 said:

Oops. :facepalm:

Another great outing by Cole. 7 innings, 2 runs, 1 walk, 8 strikeouts. 

We'll see what Taillion does tonight. NOT counting on him to win. Sadly to say, but the season will be over tonight.  Should have gone with German as the starter. 

Edited by Ritchie

Why not wait until the game is played before declaring that the season is over?

First you declared that the division race was over and that they wouldn’t make the playoffs. That was wrong. 

Next, Quantrill would dominate them in Game 1 and Cole would suck. That was wrong. 

Then you said their season would be over after the weekend. That was wrong. 

Yesterday, you said that Quantrill would dominate the Yankees (again) and their season would be over. That was wrong. 

Do you see a pattern here? 

I’m going to wait for the game to be played before declaring it a loss.

Taillon will be on a short leash. If he struggles early, Boone will yank him pretty quickly. I wouldn’t be surprised to see German in the game at some point.  Other than Cole, everyone will be available.