Official Yankee fan thread

Yankee4Life

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just read an article in the NY Post that said that Judge was looking for 10 years / $360 million. 

If he truly does wait until the end of the season to restart negotiations, he is gambling that he has a mostly injury-free season to justify a contract higher than the Yankees offered. 

https://nypost.com/2022/04/08/aaron-judges-quiet-confidence-biggest-barrier-in-contract-talks/

The article says that the Yankees were willing to give him the $21 million he wanted this year and then add the extension next year so the total would be around $234 million. Plus they were willing to put some opt-outs in the contract. 

He’s 30 years old. A 10 year contract takes him to 40. There is no way he plays that long. Not because he isn’t talented. Players decline in their mid to late 30’s, plus with his size, he’s more prone to injuries. We’ve already seen evidence of that with both him and Stanton. 

Judge said that he’d love to be a Yankee for life, but I guess accepting this offer and being the highest paid position player in team history isn’t enough.

2 hours ago, Jim825 said:

The article says that the Yankees were willing to give him the $21 million he wanted this year and then add the extension next year so the total would be around $234 million. Plus they were willing to put some opt-outs in the contract. 

He’s 30 years old. A 10 year contract takes him to 40. There is no way he plays that long. Not because he isn’t talented. Players decline in their mid to late 30’s, plus with his size, he’s more prone to injuries. We’ve already seen evidence of that with both him and Stanton. 

Judge said that he’d love to be a Yankee for life, but I guess accepting this offer and being the highest paid position player in team history isn’t enough.

I could not agree more Jim and I also can not help but think that someone like his agent perhaps or maybe someone else got into his ear and convinced him not to take this very fair offer. A ten-year contract for him would be suicide for the Yankees because they learned something from the Alex Rodriguez extension.

He is prone to injuries as you said and this guy just based on his history is more prone than ever. And the no good bum is disappointed in the Yankees that they went public to let everyone know he turned down all that money. He's upset that now everyone knows how selfish and self-centered he is and he is just a typical modern day ballplayer who if offered thirty million dollars a year would cry and say they wanted thirty-one.

If the Yankees trade him before the trade deadline I won't mind. Nothing wrong with getting something decent back. Other teams have done it so the Yankees could too.

Screw Judge and he can go to hell.

I'm willing to bet that some sucker is going to give him the money he wants.

I'm placing my bet on the Mets.

Edit: I just checked. Only 13 more years of paying Bobby Bonilla over 1.2M a year.

Edited by sabugo

Here is a very good article about the Yankees season preview and quite honestly it makes a lot of sense.

Thoughts about last night's game: When I found out that Jordan Montgomery was pitching I knew we were in trouble. The guy's a choker and he only went 3 1/3 innings. Great job!....They struck out nine times last night and for the series they struck out twenty-nine times. Nothing changes. This is still a terrible team and they keep on letting Gallo (.100 average) hit fifth they are in trouble. The hell with them.

9 hours ago, Jim825 said:

Considering that Montgomery took a 100+ mph batted ball off his left leg in the 1st inning, it’s amazing that he lasted 3-1/3 innings. 

Agree. 

And he's quietly been one of the more reliable starters the Yankees have had for the past years.

9 minutes ago, sabugo said:

Agree. 

And he's quietly been one of the more reliable starters the Yankees have had for the past years.

Hey, I'm on your side and I am on Jim's side too but damn man there's always something that this guy does to lose a game. It would make me very happy if I am wrong about him

44 minutes ago, Ritchie said:

looking like last years team - not hitting with RISP...

Hell yeah they look like last year's team and that team was awful. It really hurts to write this but they are done for the year. Their season is done. Trade that loser Gallo for a dinner at Red Lobster. Offer Judge to someone stupid enough to take him. Rebuild.

29 minutes ago, Ritchie said:

Should us Yankees fans be worried about Cole's start of 2022 season??

Yes, even though it's been only 2 games pitched.  Not the $300 million man the brass thought he was.

I know I am or at least I was. I don't care anymore. He is just another example of grabbing the money and then not giving 100% any longer.

36 minutes ago, Ritchie said:

Again, can't score with RISP. 0 for 6 so far, vs the lowly Orioles.  C'mon, team. This is year 2022, not 2021.

It doesn't matter if it is 2022. These are the same lackadaisical players as before and they could care less about anything. Already they are losing tonight 2 - 0 to Baltimore in the fifth inning. That's more than enough for the Orioles to beat these quitters again.

15 hours ago, Jim825 said:

After 6 innings, it’s

Quitters 5

Orioles   2

Jim, you crack me up! :D

And before I post this, a quote from Aaron Boone on the subject of Joey Gallo: “He’s been a little bit unlucky. The quality of contact has been good. He’s not all the way there yet.” In other words he's doing well in batting practice.