Yankee4Life

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Ritchie said:

2 losses to lowly Orioles. Played 9 innings and could not score.  Piss ass team - 2021 again.

YEP!!!! And do you know what? I was only able to last ten games this year and now I AM DONE!!!!!!

WHY????  A few reasons. They continue to strike out (10 times today!!!) and they don't hit. Worthless Judge struck out two times himself. He should be playing his way out the door hopefully.

Whatever happened to this team taking pitches and having deep counts just so they can knock out the opposing starter? Not anymore!!! Now it's swing for the fences and hope for a good launch angle and exit velocity. To hell with these players.

THESE SON OF A &^%#%@! WILL NOT GIVE ME AN ULCER THIS YEAR. I REFUSE TO LET THAT HAPPEN. EAT S*** JUDGE, YOU MONEY-GRUBBING SOB!

You can not even enjoy watching a game anymore. So, I am not going to. I won't watch this team this year because they are an extension of 2021 and 2020. They will have a good game here and there but mostly they will leave fourteen men on base and strike out twelve or more times.

Start by getting rid of selfish Judge and Aaron Boone. If not, keep losing.

Sorry, but after today it has been too much. I just can't take it anymore. The way this team plays the game, their approach to it and everything they do and do not do has just got to be too much.

@Yankee4Life I haven't even watched a game. Getting notifications from MLB regarding Yankees and then checking the scoreboard later but that's about it. My brother has been asking how they're doing this year and I reply same as last year, nothings changed.  Judge should have signed that contract bcuz the way he's hitting, he's not going to get much.  They ruined a great performance by Cortes. 

I am just frustrated now. Every year it's the same thing. The only offense is from the home run. Teams like Tampa kill these guys because they know what's coming. All the Yankees will do is go for the long ball and will do nothing else. Tampa plays the game right and they outclass and outplay them.

Andrew Heaney yesterday vs. the Reds: 6 innings pitched, 1 hit, 3 walks and 11 strikeouts.

And this is the same guy who did nothing last year in the Bronx. I really am convinced that the coaching on this team contributes to the lack of success because time and time again when pitchers who struggle with the Yankees suddenly do better when they are on another ball club.

4 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

Andrew Heaney yesterday vs. the Reds: 6 innings pitched, 1 hit, 3 walks and 11 strikeouts.

And this is the same guy who did nothing last year in the Bronx. I really am convinced that the coaching on this team contributes to the lack of success because time and time again when pitchers who struggle with the Yankees suddenly do better when they are on another ball club.

Now that is truly annoying.

4 hours ago, Ritchie said:

another lineup change for tonight's game vs the Guardians made by Boone.  for crying out loud, make a lineup and stick with it.

Please, you can say Cleveland Indians in here because that is exactly who they are. The Twitter complainers have no voice in here. We are talking about a baseball team and not social issues. Really, isn't this a shame?

15 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

I don't pay attention to this group of overpaid losers anyway. He can have 162 different lineups for all I care.

Considering that you don’t pay attention to them, you sure post a lot in this thread. 😄

16 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

Please, you can say Cleveland Indians in here because that is exactly who they are. The Twitter complainers have no voice in here. We are talking about a baseball team and not social issues. Really, isn't this a shame?

As far as the Indians / Braves / Redskins / Chiefs, it’s easy for us to trivialize and say that the names are no big deal. We are not Native Americans whose ancestors were treated unfairly.  You see it as no big deal to keep the names. I see it as no big deal to change them to something less offensive to others. 

And FYI, I’m not on Twitter so I can’t be lumped in with the “Twitter complainers.”

3 hours ago, Jim825 said:

Considering that you don’t pay attention to them, you sure post a lot in this thread. 😄

Hahahahaaha Jim, honest to God you make me laugh. 🙂

2 hours ago, Jim825 said:

As far as the Indians / Braves / Redskins / Chiefs, it’s easy for us to trivialize and say that the names are no big deal. We are not Native Americans whose ancestors were treated unfairly.  You see it as no big deal to keep the names. I see it as no big deal to change them to something less offensive to others. 

And FYI, I’m not on Twitter so I can’t be lumped in with the “Twitter complainers.”

Now Jim here is where I got to disagree with you. We are both around the same age and growing up we did not associate team names with actual Indians. Take the Cleveland Indians for example. All they had back then for any kind of talent was Rick Manning. When the Yankees played them they pounded them. That is how I think of and remember the Indians. The Yankees mostly beat them except for the playoffs in '97 and '07. Never once racial. The people that started this did this for attention and the Indians caved into the pressure.

I am second-generation Sicilian. How many mob movies have you watched when the bad guy is Italian? How many TV cop shows have you seen where the bad guy ends up being an Italian? I have seen this hundreds of times but I am not going to start crying about it to get attention for it. I see it as just a movie or just a TV show and I see the Cleveland Indians as just a name and not an insult to any Indian.

@Yankee4Life  same here.  never saw these names as an insult to the native Americans.  where I live in Grafton, Mass our HS name was the Grafton Indians.  changed to Grafton Gators -- there are no gators in Massachusetts.  where my wife's sisters live in Dartmouth, Mass, they want to keep the school's mascot as Indian as the Supporters say the Dartmouth Indian is not a mascot but a symbol of the town’s history and pride but Opponents say Native mascots amount to stereotyping and cultural appropriation and hurt Native youth.  I do not see that as hurt.

Same thing happened here. There were two town teams called the Penfield Chiefs and another one called the Irondequoit Indians. Both had to change their names for fear of the complainers getting light headed and passing out when they heard the kids yell out "go Chiefs" or "go Indians."

If you have a problem with the name of sports teams for God's sake the problem is with you and not the team name.

1 hour ago, Yankee4Life said:

The Yankees did what they had to do against a sub-par team. Nothing to get excited over.

Maybe, but 6 straight wins and 8 out of their last 9, as well as the best record in the American League makes me think they are better than you do. I’m enjoying every win. 

48 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

Maybe, but 6 straight wins and 8 out of their last 9, as well as the best record in the American League makes me think they are better than you do. I’m enjoying every win. 

I agree with you and I want you to be right all year so you can tell me how wrong I was and that I should have known better. I will gladly take all verbal about from everyone if they win.