Yankee4Life

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I expected this crap to come up sooner or later.

1. Chad Green will undergo season-ending Tommy John surgery in the coming days.

2. Joey Gallo and  Kyle Higashioka were placed on the COVID-19 injured list.

3. Luis Gil is scheduled to undergo season-ending Tommy John surgery on May 24.

What else??

Here are my thoughts on this:

1. Chad Green will be missed but Michael King has turned into a real shutdown reliever. Chad Holmes has also been lights out. I believe their performances so far will cover for Green’s absence. 

2. Higgy and Gallo will be back in a matter of days. It’s not like they have been hitting the cover off the ball. Trevino has seemed as good defensively, so I don’t think there will be a drop off. 

3. I’m sorry to see Gil having to undergo surgery and hope he makes a full recovery, but right now, he’s still mainly a Triple-A pitcher, who gets called up for spot starts, so again, it’s not a major impact to the MLB club. 

My bigger concern is The Yankees’ closer situation. I never feel confident when Chapman comes in and I don’t believe that Boone does either.  

Y4L - Here’s something you’ll get a chuckle out of.  Today I went to the SWB Railriders / Worcester Red Sox game in Worcester. Polar Park, the Red Sox stadium is a 10 minute drive from my house. 

While at the game, I got to see some old friends on the Railriders. Miguel Andujar was in left field and Greg Bird was the DH. Former Yankee Rob Refsneyder plays for the Red Sox. 

We were sitting just past 3rd base, 9 rows from the field. In the bottom of the 5th inning, a foul ground ball rolled into left field. Andujar picked it up and looked over at our section. He threw it over and as it was in the air, I realized it was coming right to me.  I believe it was intentional because I was the only one looking at him wearing a Yankees hat. 

As the ball got near me, I reached up with both hands, only to have it bounce off and land on the seat in front of me. Because it was so hot today (mid-90’s), there were a lot of no-shows so there were plenty of empty seats around us. I simply reached down and picked up the ball. 

The fans let me hear it when I dropped the ball, but I got some cheers when I walked to the end of the row and gave it to a kid who brought his glove to the game. 

19 hours ago, Jim825 said:

My bigger concern is The Yankees’ closer situation. I never feel confident when Chapman comes in and I don’t believe that Boone does either.  

Thinking about it now I tend to agree with your three points and like you I am not confident when I see Chapman coming in. His contract expires at the end of the season so I won't be sad if he goes.

And that was a nice thing you did with the ball you got. You deserved that ovation.

From the New York Post:

In the span of a few hours on Wednesday, prior to the series finale against the Orioles at the Stadium, manager Aaron Boone said Jonathan Loaisiga, one of his top relievers, would spend a few weeks on the injured list, and roughly 45 minutes prior to first pitch, the team announced Giancarlo Stanton, one of its top sluggers, would be joining him.

This is the beginning of the end for these pretenders. Damn this team.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, sabugo said:

It was one bad inning. He's been nothing short of reliable, and at a cheaper price than most starters out there.

I was going to post something similar. After that one inning, he set down 12 of the next 14 batters he faced and got into the 7th inning.  He didn’t let the bad inning get to him and kept the Yankees in the game, allowing them to come back and win again. 

1 hour ago, Jim825 said:

I was going to post something similar. After that one inning, he set down 12 of the next 14 batters he faced and got into the 7th inning.  He didn’t let the bad inning get to him and kept the Yankees in the game, allowing them to come back and win again. 

Ok, ok. I mean both of you are right. It's just that he can be inconsistent. That is what I really meant. It's frustrating to watch. But I do like what they have been doing this year. What a better approach than one year ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Indirectly, the injury to Oakland’s Frankie Montas can be looked at as a blessing in disguise. If he is hurt for any period of time his trade value is going to go way down and there will be some legitimate concerns about his shoulder. Oakland is a team that will gladly trade with the Yankees provided they can get every good player they can off of them and they won’t budge until Cashman gives them what they wants. When they trade with other teams that is not the case. Look at the crap the Braves gave them for Matt Olson.

Last night’s Yankee - Boston game took 3 hours and 51 minutes to play. It took them almost an hour and  half to play three innings. This is why I hate these games between these two teams. And it might be longer tonight because the game is on FOX.

It will be good when they add the pitch clock next year. I’ve been to three Triple-A games this year, and with the pitch clock in use, the games are much quicker.  The game I went to on Thursday started at 6:45 p.m. and finished at 9:20 p.m.