Which game should I play? Help please

mcbearcat

Hi guys,

A while back, I played several seasons of MVP Baseball '04 and '05, making use of the mods hosted here and applying a few tweaks of my own. I appreciate all your efforts in providing the mods, tools and advice I used.

About 5 years ago I got busy with life and work and dropped out of this world. Now that I've retired I'd like to get involved again, and I'm asking for more advice.

I've tried running MVP '04 and '05 on my Windows 10 laptop and failed. I gather from other posts here that others have also failed.

I'm looking for an alternative game that will run on my current laptop and allow me to play with current (2020 or 2021) rosters and schedules. I prefer to have the option to have the computer play defense automatically. (I like pitching, hitting, and running only.)

I suspect that my equipment may fall short for some games, so here's what I've got:

• Intel Core i3-8130U @ 2.20 Mhz, 2 cores, 2 logical processors
  • Installed RAM 4 GB
  • Windows 10 Home
  • Intel UHD Graphics 620 adapter, 1 GB RAM

Any suggestions you may provide would be greatly appreciated.

- Tom

• 3 months later...

Well, I've decided to treat myself to a modern gaming computer. My original question stands slightly modified: what modern game would you recommend with game play comparable to MVP '04 or '05 with current (2020 or 2021) rosters and schedules. I prefer an option to have the computer play defense automatically. (I like pitching, hitting, and running only.)

Thanks again for any suggestions.

Thanks Gordo. I'll check out 2K12.

Edit: one of my requirements was the ability to play with 2020 or 2021 rosters. A quick check of downloads shows only one such total conversion mods, and it gets poor reviews. Perhaps I'll look elsewhere.

Edit again: OK, I found 2022 files under miscellaneous, and they do get positive reviews. I do recall now that sometimes files are a little hard to find. I will check it out once I get my new computer. Thanks Gordo.

Archived