Radical Realignment?

BallFour

Just wanted to put feelers out there if anybody would be interested in a mod where the proposals of radical realignment floated back in the mid-90s come to fruition? It'd be an MVP Baseball only sort of mod, and it would be for those who want to play a fantasy sort of league, but I could easily do this.

The only thng I'm unsure about doing is adding more than 30 teams. I could do this and it'd show up in the standings, but the MLB season schedule would need to be adjusted to include the new MLB teams, which is a little tough. I could try to see if I can modify the macro in Dylan's schedule generator, but first I thought I'd see if there's any interest to begin with.

So... anybody up for some radical realignment? 

1 hour ago, marty65 said:

Hey buddy 

you’ve got me curious, to say the least. Something to distract me from Dave Roberts pitcher usage lol 

Would it mean, moving teams into different divisions/conferences kind of thing 

Exactly. Like, back in 1995/96, Pittsburgh reeeeeeeeally didn't want to leave the NL East and there were talks of trying to get the Diamondbacks to go to the AL West instead so that the AL would be 5-6-5 with the Brewers remaining in the AL.  This is what would make the most sense:

AL East

Baltimore

Boston

New York Yankees

Tampa Bay

Toronto

AL Central

Chicago White Sox

Cleveland

Detroit

Kansas City

Milwaukee

Minnesota

AL West

Anaheim

Arizona

Oakland

Seattle

Texas

NL East

Florida

Montreal

New York Mets

Philadelphia

Pittsburgh

NL Central

Atlanta

Chicago Cubs

Cincinnati

Houston

St. Louis

NL West

Colorado

Los Angeles

San Diego

San Francisco

Then things got crazy and they wanted to make a 4 division MLB with the AL consisting of all the Eastern Time Zone teams and the NL being all the teams in the Central and Pacific Time Zones.

Archived