No Uniform Preview

Fiebre

Hi, I’ve been having this “mistake” for some years, and maybe you can help me.

I had been installing and alternating between the @BallFourand @Umachines(2015).  

My last mods installed are Ballfour 2021 uniforms and the ones from 2020 that don’t have a current year mod.

The game works without problems with the uniform but I have no preview in some uniforms.

Thanks and Pura Vida

image.jpg

Good question! Since the Giants home uniform was in the "A" slot previously, you're seeing the data for the A slot still existing in the uni select screen. The reason the home uniform is no longer in the "A" slot is because the Giants now wear their names on the back of their jerseys, which the "A" slot cannot accommodate.

To get to the home uniform, simply scroll through the uniforms until you find the picture of the correct jersey. If you wish to get rid of the black screen, go to MVP Baseball 2005/data/frontend and open uniforms.big with BIGgui. Scroll down to 018a.fsh and click delete. Once 018a.fsh is deleted, you can open the game and there will no longer be a black screen.

Thanks Ballfour, I have some other doubts please if you can help me, I will divide it in 2, this is the 1st one:   I think that your  Screen Selector for the SFG is missing one uniform (sfaltroad) because I only see 7.  I opened the 018.fsh file with the nfshtool and also only displays me 7 images.

Ballfour my other doubt is really complicated (for me)  but hero I go:

I read your answer and some other material and this is my situation with the SF uniforms:

1) Models.big I have 15 uniforms for the SF Giants, 7 are from an  older installations (mvp12)  and 8 and from your 2021 mod.  For the 15 cases I have installed the u and f files. in the models.big

2) Uniforms.big

- The 018.fsh file is from your 2021 mod.

- I have 13 files (a,b...) 5 from the 2012 mod and 8 from your 2021 mod, 2 old ones are missing but I don't care.

- So know I understand why I have 5 preview screens with no uniform, those are from older uniforms but with no preview in my current 0.18.fsh file.

So here is my question :)

I have the 5 fsh images missing of the 2012 mod, I extracted with nfshtool from a 018.fsh older file from Mvp2012.   So how can I add those to your current  0.18.fsh files?

Thanks.

14 hours ago, Fiebre said:

Ballfour my other doubt is really complicated (for me)  but hero I go:

I read your answer and some other material and this is my situation with the SF uniforms:

1) Models.big I have 15 uniforms for the SF Giants, 7 are from an  older installations (mvp12)  and 8 and from your 2021 mod.  For the 15 cases I have installed the u and f files. in the models.big

2) Uniforms.big

- The 018.fsh file is from your 2021 mod.

- I have 13 files (a,b...) 5 from the 2012 mod and 8 from your 2021 mod, 2 old ones are missing but I don't care.

- So know I understand why I have 5 preview screens with no uniform, those are from older uniforms but with no preview in my current 0.18.fsh file.

So here is my question :)

I have the 5 fsh images missing of the 2012 mod, I extracted with nfshtool from a 018.fsh older file from Mvp2012.   So how can I add those to your current  0.18.fsh files?

Thanks.

What you would do is you would open my 018.fsh file, where you can see the screenshots. Then you will need to renumber and drag those uniforms from MVP12 over into my 018.fsh file. You'd have to change the numbers to ones that aren't already used. Then, you right click the index.fsh file in that folder, and open it with Notepad. In the index file, you will change the number of items from 7 to 15 or however many. Then you will take the code for one uniform, starting with "u018a" and all the way down to the long number filled with zeroes. Copy that and paste it just before the END command at the bottom of the page. That will allow you to create a uniform slot.

Then you will replace the u18a with u18j or whatever you decide to go with. Then you have to make sure in your models.big file, the uniform from MVP12 that you carry over is actually called u18j.fsh. You'll need to do the same with the font file, changing it to f18j.fsh and adding that to models.big. It's a lot of work, but if I can do it, anyone can!

15 hours ago, Fiebre said:

Thanks Ballfour, I have some other doubts please if you can help me, I will divide it in 2, this is the 1st one:   I think that your  Screen Selector for the SFG is missing one uniform (sfaltroad) because I only see 7.  I opened the 018.fsh file with the nfshtool and also only displays me 7 images.

As for this issue, I think that it might be they discontinued the uniform and I forgot to remove the screenshot? I'll have to take a look into that when things are less crazy in my life.

Archived