mets CTS screen, plus some other kids problem

timay

i created a 58bd.fsh file with something i created in a graphics editing program, the resolution is 512 x 512 x 24, i imported everything using bigGUI, yet it crashes back to my desktop, also the file i exported out of the graphics program is in a BMP24 format like it's supposed to be. someone please help!

Yes I replaced a .fsh file as well, so I could change the CTS screen, and get the same problem. The screen with Ichiro standing in the outfield comes up for a second, but then it crashes to the desktop with a Microsoft error. It must be the file I replaced!

I thought I backed up the original bkgnds.big file, but now I can't find it and so I can't play the game. Is there a way to fix my problem?

Oh no, I just cannot believe this......the game crashes before the CTS and I decided to cut my losses and reinstall the game. And then I go to my disks, only to find my lamp had overturned and the globe was sitting on top of the plastic disk holder. Since the lamp was on, it had melted the plastic through to the disk, leaving an inch long blank circle where it had erased the data on my Disk 1.

:cry:

I will have to buy the game again.

You can fix the problem by going onto your MVP 2005 CD 1 and opening the compressed.zip file and find the bkgnds.big file and extract it overwriting your old one.

Yeah I did that after I bought the game again....just searched for bkgrnds.big from the CD1, then copied and pasted it to the frontend folder. Apparently, I had somehow deleted all the .fsh files that were containined in bkgrnds.big - That was what was causing the game to crash before the CTS screen, since it had no CTS's there to load.

Archived