Adding new Boston Skyline to Fenway Park?

Dirtdog

Boston’s skyline has changed dramatically the past 2 decades, especially since the Big Dig. Have you guys seen Southie and Seaport lately?

But the Back Bay has got themselves a new beauty as well, One Dalton right next door to the Pru, which is now the 3rd largest building in Boston. Since it’s so close to the Pru, which is featured (especially the Night version, Beautiful!) In the far right field skyline of the two Fenway park versions for MVP 2005.

My question, Is it possible to add this new building to the game? Would it be able to show up in the Fenway stadium.big files and look good in the game?

If so, would someone like to give it a try? Because I have never tried to edit a stadium before and probably wouldn't come out so great.

Check out the photo

12.03.2022_15.03.23_REC.png

I've just switched to a new computer without a disk drive, so I'm currently out of the mix when it comes to modding until I set up a new area for my Win7 computer. But this is pretty straightforward for anybody that knows how to stadium mod. The skyline can be found in the cram32.fsh file, located in fenwday.big and fenwnite.big - the location of the skyline depends on the modded stadium you use as your base, but it shouldn't be too difficult to add this to the skyline.

I managed to locate a night version of the new building. 

6646bf64459faea672728b00c646cb1c.jpg

NZAEQUHE3N3PKGHRUID3V3C7KI.JPG

I mean, I could *try* to do it. It's all dependent on the cram32.fsh file. If the Prudential building has its own separate listing in the cram32.fsh file, then no, I probably can't. But if it's in the listing with the rest of the skyline background, I can absolutely do that in Photoshop. I just won't be able to preview it in-game.

EDIT: Just took a look, and bad news. This is something that would need to be added into the game with Oedit, which is well beyond my capabilities. Basically what someone would need to do is to add a file for the building in cram32.fsh and then edit (I think) mstadium.ord and mstadium.orl to add the building to the background, and then direct the code to attribute the new cram32.fsh file to where the building will be placed in the .ord and .orl file. All of this is stadium mod speak for, "it's a bit of a job."

On 3/12/2022 at 6:51 PM, BallFour said:

I've just switched to a new computer without a disk drive, so I'm currently out of the mix when it comes to modding until I set up a new area for my Win7 computer.

Or you could just get a $20 external drive. That's what most of us do.

14 hours ago, bwburke94 said:

Or you could just get a $20 external drive. That's what most of us do.

Or I could continue using the computer I already have with Windows 7 and get that actually set up in my basement when I'm not working my 10 hour shift, rather than wasting $20 on an external drive.

3 hours ago, BallFour said:

Or I could continue using the computer I already have with Windows 7 and get that actually set up in my basement when I'm not working my 10 hour shift, rather than wasting $20 on an external drive.

:good:

Heck, I didn't know that external drives were only twenty dollars.

3 hours ago, BallFour said:

Or how about this? He can spend twenty dollars on an external drive and try to learn this. New modders are always welcome here.

13 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

Heck, I didn't know that external drives were only twenty dollars.

Or how about this? He can spend twenty dollars on an external drive and try to learn this. New modders are always welcome here.

Even better!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived