Audio Modders

derekjeter02

hey to whom it may concern

I was wondering can I change the team names using the big gui and the audio mods ie Tampa bay to Philadelphia  A's it works only if you don’t change the number the team is associated with ie Montreal to Washington, but not if you change the number associated with the new team. I used homers audio tutorial also using a hex editor with no success i was wondering if this can be done because the Royals were changed to the Athletics in the 1948 Mod so im just wondering what im doing wrong? 

This is something that is incredibly tricky. There are only a few people I know that are able to correctly do this without corrupting the file, and I'm not sure if they're even active anymore. Here's what's going on.

The audio file that you open up is two things in one. It's an audio file you can listen to where it'll just say something like "and the New York Yankees". But in addition to being an audio file, it's also a folder, that contains many smaller files. These are the files that say "New York" or "The Yankees lead...". This file is an EAMUS file, and you can get the files using the Extractor utility, which is in the downloads section under Tools & Editors, I believe.

Getting the file is the easy part. Once you're able to play and listen to the files, you need to be able to edit them. To edit them, you need to remove each individual audio file from the .dat file itself. But if that wasn't bad enough, you also have to make sure that the size of the new audio file is an exact match to the size it previously was. In other words, if the "The Yankees lead" is 48203 bytes, your "The (whatever team) lead..." needs to be exactly 48203 bytes or it doesn't work.

So... is it possible? Absolutely. But it's something you'll have to practice on for a while. You'll see a audio tutorial mod in the MVP Baseball 2005 downloads in the Tutorials section. You can export the individual EAMUS files with the Extractor program. And then you will need to try to mix and match and match and mix until something works. 

Good luck!

It’s actually pretty easy to swap team name audios. At least it has been for me. I prefer to use the command prompt tool eazip to extract and replace files rather than BIGGui since BIGGui can corrupt files and is slower. 

First, extract the header file for the team you want (e.g. Philadelphia A’s) from tnamehdr.big. Assuming that the A’s are in the Philadelphia Phillies location:

eazip -e tnamehdr.big 030.hdr

Rename the file to 013.hdr (Tampa’s team audio number) and hex edit the file, changing the embedded value 14 (30 in hex) to 0D (13 in hex).

Now reimport the header file:

eazip -a tnamehdr.big 013.hdr

Next, extract the data file from tnamedat.big. 

eazip -e tnamedat.big 030.big

Rename the file 013.dat and reimport the file:

eazip -a tnamedat.big 013.dat

That’s all I do and it works for me. 

One thing I forgot to mention is that if you mix team audios from different mods, you might have issues because of the overall player audio files that are used. 

For example, my 1970’s and later Total Classics mods use the standard Duane Kuiper and Mike Krukow audio while the 1960’s and earlier mods use the Legends from the Booth audio with Vin Scully, Mel Allen and Ernie Harwell  doing the announcing. 

it may work fine, and I may have mixed audio in one of my mods (Kuiper announcing team names and stadiums) and Scully, Allen and Harwell doing the play by play. 

Ooooh I misread where it's going to be a straight swap. Yeah, straight swapping of teams is easy. I was thinking he wanted to CREATE the phrase "Philadelphia A's", which is infinitely more difficult. But yeah, like Jim said, a straight swap easy. Nice catch, Jim!

6 hours ago, derekjeter02 said:

That's what id be doing. kuiper was going to announce the newer players and vin an allen and harwell play by play as long as it can be done.. im good with it.

That won’t work.  When you add the Legends from the Booth play by play audio files to the game (in the data\audio\pbp and data\audio\cd\pbp folders), you are replacing the files that contain the Kuiper play by play audio. 

You can have one or the other but not both.

Play by play, PA, team name, and stadium audio are in separate files, so you can mix and match there, with the Legends doing play by play and Kuiper announcing the team or stadium names. 

Just so you understand what I was saying, you can have the Legends play by play audio OR the Kuiper/Krukow play by play audio but NOT both. 

When I was saying that you could mix or match, I meant that you could have the Legends do the play by play and have Kuiper/Krukow announce the team names because the play by play audio and team name audio is in different files. 

Maybe it’s easier for me to explain what I’m trying to do I’m trying to get all the World Series winners in one mod that’s where the Tampa bay name change comes from with the Philadelphia A’s and what I mean about newer teams and newer players is 2017 Astros, 2016 cubs, and 2019 nationals were examples of players I was gonna use meaning when for example Anthony Rizzo comes up to bay we hear kuiper announce his name but the play by play is done by legends of the booth is that possible 

Mixing older and newer team names might work because you are importing team names into a single file. 

The same thing might work for player names in the play by play file, BUT in order to do that, you would have to do something similar to what you are doing for the team names. 

You would have to extract the entries for EVERY new player from the Kuiper/Krukow play by play file and THEN import those entries into the Legends play by play file. 

That would be an incredible amount of work. 

Thanks Jim, I’m willing to take the time to do it its only 25 players  possibly less due to kuiper not being able to say some names on 5 teams the rest of the players would be on the Legends of the booth I did the faces already and the portraits,  the uniforms and the pbp names and the stadiums are left 

Funny and happy that the Legends from the Booth mod is being discussed. Because i just discovered this a couple of weekends ago when I was downloading everything old and new for two entire weekends until my eyes were not seeing straight. Lol

I was also categorizing everything by team, player, year and mod.

This Legends from the Booth mod is an amazing piece of work! Never knew it existed, glad i did all those downloads or i would have never bumped into it.

Plan to install soon to the classic mods I plan on playing.

By the way which classic Mods have this installed and which don't? if any?

Logos are much easier to swap. There is no hex editing involved.

Extract the A’s logo file, rename it to the same name as the Tampa logo and then import it into the logos.big file. 

If you open the logos.big file with EAGraph, you can look at each logo to determine which is Tampa’s. It should be 012 or 013. 

Alright.  The only thing I can’t figure out is the uniform swapper I just want the older teams to have the one uniform so home and away and the 5 newer teams to have more the swapper I tried to work and couldn’t figure it out  is anyone willing to help me on this project that would be great 

On 3/22/2022 at 9:52 AM, Jim825 said:

It’s actually pretty easy to swap team name audios. At least it has been for me. I prefer to use the command prompt tool eazip to extract and replace files rather than BIGGui since BIGGui can corrupt files and is slower. 

First, extract the header file for the team you want (e.g. Philadelphia A’s) from tnamehdr.big. Assuming that the A’s are in the Philadelphia Phillies location:

eazip -e tnamehdr.big 030.hdr

Rename the file to 013.hdr (Tampa’s team audio number) and hex edit the file, changing the embedded value 14 (30 in hex) to 0D (13 in hex).

Now reimport the header file:

eazip -a tnamehdr.big 013.hdr

Next, extract the data file from tnamedat.big. 

eazip -e tnamedat.big 030.big

Rename the file 013.dat and reimport the file:

eazip -a tnamedat.big 013.dat

That’s all I do and it works for me. 

Jim I tried this and it didn’t work what I did was found on the hex editor where it says 30 and changed the 00 to 0d and it only says blank and the Philadelphia A’s for all the teams lol not sure what I did wrong 

Just now, derekjeter02 said:

Jim I tried this and it didn’t work what I did was found on the hex editor where it says 30 and changed the 00 to 0d and it only says blank and the Philadelphia A’s for all the teams lol not sure what I did wrong 

Confused on the 14 you mean as well that number I did not find on the hex

I made the assumption that the Philadelphia A’s were in the Philadelphia Phillies team slot (slot 30).  If that’s not where they are then the hex value would be different in the header file. The decimal value 30 is 14 in hex, so that is why I told you to change that value in the header file. 

Exactly which mod did you extract the Philadelphia A’s audio files from?  If I know that, I can tell you the proper hex value to change. 

Archived