Brand New Mod (need help)

derekjeter02

Hey Everyone, 

I have an idea for a really cool mod. I'm just wondering if any modders would be interested in assisting me. My idea consists of a world series winner mod to determine the best teams in major league history. So unfortunately, some teams would be eliminated, including; Tampa Bay, Seattle, Texas, Colorado and San Diego. We would be switching them with relocated franchises  including: Brooklyn Dodgers, New York Giants, Philadelphia A's and the Washington Senators.  I was wondering  if any modders would like to help with the PBP which was helped out here by Jim825. Thanks Jim    

I already have the rosters done and just need to fix the newer teams such as the Washington Nationals,  Houston Astros and Chicago Cubs. So any help with this really cool mod would be greatly appreciated. If you want to help out, send a reply and if we get some modders to help, I'll let you know which teams were chosen. 

Before you do anything please check out Total Classics Phase 10. Not all the teams in there are World Series winners but it's close to what you are trying to do.

I will post more tomorrow when I am back on my computer. I don't type well on the Amazon Fire.

First, download Total Classics Phase 10 right here. Then to make it easier for you download the list of teams right here.

Then you check out all the Total Classics and total conversion mods because every year we have does include the World Champion of that season. That just makes sense. For example we have the 1951 Total Classics mod. The Yankees won it all in 1951 but that team is not in TC Phase 10. There are other examples of this too.

Now, can this be done? Well yes, but it takes a lot of work. You just do not remove the team from the mod (say the '51 Yankees) you also need to remove the cyberfaces, roster of players and probably so many other things that I am neglecting to mention. Let's say Phil Rizzuto has cyberface number 850 for example. But in the 1948 mod where the Indians were champions, maybe Bob Feller had cyberface number 850. That will cause a problem and that will cause a crash.

That is just one example and I am sure you will run into this problem over and over. Again, there are other things I am sure I am forgetting to mention that will make a project like this, interesting as it sounds, very hard.

This is how I see it and now I am going to sit back and listen to the real experts in this, the modders, chime in.

Best of luck.

Archived