Invisible tractors in the batting minigame

tetsuro1

I was debating whether to post this in my previous thread or to create a new one. I thought creating a new one might be better seeing how I already asked enough questions in that thread already, so I might as well be done with it, but nonetheless, if any admins/moderators think this post should be posted in my previous thread, feel free to move it there, or remove this one, and I'll post it there myself.

Anyway, as stated in the title, the tractors in the batting minigame are not visible for me. I hear them in the background, and get 1000 points when I hit them, but still no matter if I hit them or not, or on what round I am, they're always invisible and I can't see them.

Here are two videos from YouTube, first one displaying how the tractors should be rendered in the game, and how they should behave, the second one where the user has the same issue as I do, hearing and hitting tractors in the background, but not being able to see them.

Now I know the first video is from a PS2 port, and the second one is from the PC, but does that matter? Does the PC port have a bug where tractor models are rendered incorrectly or something?

Another user created the same thread, but he received no answer:
https://www.mvpmods.com/forums/topic/62699-no-tractors-in-batting-minigame/

Does anyone know what causes this bug, and how to fix it? Reinstalling the game did not help.

3 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

Wow, I haven’t played the mini games in years!

To answer your question I have no idea why they are invisible. In that Youtuber thread do any of the responses give an answer to the problem?

Unfortunately, no.

The second video, the one with no tractors doesn't even have more than one comment, the first video just has a bunch of comments about how the game's nostalgic for them. 

I'm not sure this issue could only be from a pirated version. I myself have had this happen over the years with my CDs. I had assumed it was due to running the game with modern graphics cards and operating systems. I rarely touch the minigames though so I never found it to be a big issue for me.

10 hours ago, Muller_11 said:

Coincidentally this problem is due to the fact that the user is playing a pirated version of the game

No, I don't think that's true. I don't have a pirated copy of Mvp '05 and I just got done playing two games of this and I did not see one tractor. I hit school buses and cars but no tractors.

On 5/8/2022 at 3:17 PM, Muller_11 said:

Coincidentally this problem is due to the fact that the user is playing a pirated version of the game

Hilarious, sorry but how exactly would you know that?

If you claim that I have a pirated copy, where exactly is your proof for that? @Yankee4Life literally just proved you wrong in his last post, so want me to reply back with the exact same GIF?

Oh, and by they way, I can take pictures of my physical CD's that I legally own anytime you want.

Also, apologies to the moderators here if this comment seems a bit "inflammatory", I just don't like being accused of something like this without defending myself.

On 5/8/2022 at 7:47 PM, SPDouglas616 said:

I'm not sure this issue could only be from a pirated version. I myself have had this happen over the years with my CDs. I had assumed it was due to running the game with modern graphics cards and operating systems. I rarely touch the minigames though so I never found it to be a big issue for me.

I never thought it could be because of modern graphics cards and OS.

My first thought was because I had Universal Grass Changer mod installed, so after uninstalling it, I noticed the models were still invsibile. Naturally, I reinstalled the game just in case the mod did something to those tractors, but the problem was still there.

The only thing that I can conclude is that either the model files are not being rendered properly or maybe the model files are missing from a PC port (for whatever reason). 

7 hours ago, tetsuro1 said:

Hilarious, sorry but how exactly would you know that?

If you claim that I have a pirated copy, where exactly is your proof for that? @Yankee4Life literally just proved you wrong in his last post, so want me to reply back with the exact same GIF?

Oh, and by they way, I can take pictures of my physical CD's that I legally own anytime you want.

First of all I want to apologize to you for launching an improper accusation of Piracy (My Bad)

And if you want to reply with the same gif for me it's fine, I stuck with the same as you

And no, you don't need to show me your CD's

I will stay away from this thread.

I hope your problem gets solved quickly :)

1 hour ago, Muller_11 said:

First of all I want to apologize to you for launching an improper accusation of Piracy (My Bad)

And if you want to reply with the same gif for me it's fine, I stuck with the same as you

And no, you don't need to show me your CD's

I will stay away from this thread.

I hope your problem gets solved quickly :)

Nah, it's okay. Thanks for apologizing, it means a lot when you know internet is filled with a bunch of narcissistic a-holes. So don't worry, no hard feelings from me, I just get a bit defensive when I'm being accused of something.

Thanks for the good wishes, but I'm kinda doubtful there's a fix. It's a bit surprising that there are so few threads on this. Maybe it is like @SPDouglas616 said, it might be caused by newer versions of the operating systems or graphics cards, but I really don't know.

Anyway, it doesn't matter, it's just a mild annoyance that I wanted to see if anybody here knows what the fix is. I'm just glad the community for such an old game even exists these days, so thanks for keeping the spirit of this game alive to all of you :)

Archived