dumb question is 3D Analyze overclocking?

kicko

i use the app and would just like to know if any ill effects could happen? funny because now i play the game without 3D Analyze and i have high settings, i was running this everytime to get the details, not sure why i have them now but i do, if anyone could give me a brief summary, thanks

i was thinking on that too, and i have looking for information about 3d analyze, the program use emulation to all the efects in the game, so when your run MVP'05 whit that, you use more ram and processor that usual, but important... YOU ARE NOT OVERCLOCKING THE PC.....why?? cuz' the effects are been emulated, and the program are givin the instruction to the CPU to make the effect, but when you run mvp'05 WITHOUT THE 3D ANALYZE, NOTHING IS GIVIN' INSTRUCTION TO THE CPU, and with that, the CPU is forced to make all the instruction that MVP'05 keep, cuz' the game keep it of the last save you made, and you can't change it cuz' some options are not available without the 3d analyze

kicko,

No, 3DA = not overclocking. The app just emulates the functions of the GPU and sends additional sets of instructions to the CPU so that it can effectively render 3D images. It just makes the processor work harder and it could have a counterproductive effect because it causes the CPU to be extra busy by having to multitask considerably more than under normal conditions, and that could translate into a serious (depending on how much processing power you have) performance hit.

Great thanks! i didn't think it did but i just couldn't figure what exactly it did. Now for the second part why after i delete the 3d folder and app, mvp still runs with high details, i did notice i have to 3d setting/config files in my mvp folder, since they are there do they still tell my pc to run with the same settings as if i was using 3dA in the 1st place?

I cannot change the player detail in the options in MVP. It's grayed out. Willl something like 3D analyze help me. Is there anything out there I can try besides buying a new card. I refuse to buy a new card to play MVP.

Dell

P4

2.4 GHZ

256 RDRAM

64 MB Geforce mx 440 card.

Archived