Hi 2k12 is a great game why not enough mod support? Help me MOD

DaYankysWin

This game is still the best latest pc mlb game (rbi does not count) seems very moddable like MVP, but why no comprehensive MOD support for this game? I would like to make an overlay, but i dont know how to move elements to different coordinates like move the whole scoreboard and other graphics around the screen for the game? I figured out how to change textures which is the most common easiest thing to achieve.  However when researching the site i dont see much discussion about moving any texture or graphics to different coordinate or location or even make things bigger or smaller. Like font. How do you do that?

On 7/13/2022 at 10:07 PM, DaYankysWin said:

This game is still the best latest pc mlb game (rbi does not count) seems very moddable like MVP, but why no comprehensive MOD support for this game? I would like to make an overlay, but i dont know how to move elements to different coordinates like move the whole scoreboard and other graphics around the screen for the game? I figured out how to change textures which is the most common easiest thing to achieve.  However when researching the site i dont see much discussion about moving any texture or graphics to different coordinate or location or even make things bigger or smaller. Like font. How do you do that?

The lack of comprehensive mod support lies in the fact that the community is full of guys fairly knowledgeable in 3D modeling/texture work but not enough actual coders. Overlays and moving things around in a 3D space have involved heavy amounts of hex editing to do so, which we don't really have knowledge on.

The existing tools for these games as they are now have always been repurposed versions of modding tools used for other EA titles (for a time they used the same type of file formats across their entire library to an extent), and with MLB 2K, they have always been repurposed versions of NBA 2K modding utilities since both games were developed by Visual Concepts at the time.

15 hours ago, Dirtdog said:

Question:

Are classic mods a possibility with MLB2k12? I don't believe i have seen any

I also noticed how many beautiful MiLB ball parks are in the download section.

Is a MiLB mod possible?

Thanks

Yes is the answer to both of your questions.

Classic mods are a possibility for 2k12. It is just that they have not been done and the same answer goes for a MiLB mod.

• 2 weeks later...

1998?

Because i have seen some team face packs for this year in the download section.

Sorry, i am really new to 2k12, and have never patched anything for it yet.

Maybe in a couple of months when i get familiar with it.

I love the classic stuff

3 hours ago, Dirtdog said:

1998?

Because i have seen some team face packs for this year in the download section.

Sorry, i am really new to 2k12, and have never patched anything for it yet.

Maybe in a couple of months when i get familiar with it.

I love the classic stuff

If you don't see a 1998 mod for 2k12 that means there isn't one. Mvp on the other hand should satisfy your love of the classics.

• 3 weeks later...

This season has been a lot of modders contributing to mlb 2k12, multiple rosters, and some amazing amazing face's , next season should be even better.

I would love to learn how to make scoreboards as well as edit stadiums, but like other poster said, it requires things most of us dont know.

I think that is what the author of the thread is saying; unlike MVP there are not the multiple tutorials on how to edit these things.

Or old threads you can sift through to learn how to edit all parts of the game.

I want to like and edit this game,

1 hour ago, Dirtdog said:

I think that is what the author of the thread is saying; unlike MVP there are not the multiple tutorials on how to edit these things.

Or old threads you can sift through to learn how to edit all parts of the game.

I want to like and edit this game,

I opened up a Research forum for 2K12 to move tutorials or how to mod things in there.

Sharing knowledge and documenting things has always been a pain point on the site, and I do wish the community made an effort to try and document things better for the new generation of members who wish to work on things can do so, but it's a big "ask" years later when people have aged out of the community or left modding altogether

Archived