MarkBTheYankee's Yankees roster update

MarkB

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, it's done. There was a problem with it and it didn't get uploaded, but I uploaded it again and it's awaiting approval now.

I just played a few games with the rosters to get a couple of screenshots etc. and they do look pretty good. :) If I was a vain man, I would be proud. :D

EDIT - I forgot to put in the Readme for the .sav version - I also updated Jon Dowd to be Barry Bonds. Should save some people some time. :)

Matt DeSalvo: I've set his pitch delivery to Style 6, but it's actually more like Style 11 in the MVP 2005 player editor. Unfortunately, MVP Edit doesn't have this option, so if you want to have the correct delivery style, edit him in the game and change his delivery to Style 11. On the other hand, if you can live with it, it's fine.

Robb Nen in MVPedit is style #11

if you want MVPedit to match the ingame editor open config.txt in the MVPedit directory

find 'Pitch Delivery section and replace with this

'Pitch Delivery

0,Style 1

1,Style 2

2,Style 3

3,Style 4

4,Style 5

5,Style 6

6,Style 7

7,Style 8

8,Style 9

9,Style 10

24,Style 11

53,Classic 1

54,Classic 2

55,Classic 3

14,Brown, Kevin

57,Foulke, Keith

35,Gagne, Eric

50,Gibson, Bob

33,Glavine, Tom

36,Halladay, Roy

19,Hasegawa, Shigetoshi

20,Hernandez, Orlando

42,Hoffman, Trevor

56,Hudson, Tim

51,Hunter, Catfish

12,Ishii, Kazuhisa

46,Johnson, Walter

10,Johnson, Randy

25,Lowe, Derek

16,Kim, Byung-Hyun

13,Maddux, Greg

47,Marichal, Juan

15,Martinez, Pedro

40,Morris, Matt

41,Moyer, Jamie

39,Mulder, Mark

22,Mussina, Mike

18,Nelson, Jeff

11,Nomo, Hideo

27,Ohka, Tomokazu

58,Oswalt, Roy

49,Paige, Satchel

21,Park, Chan Ho

44,Perez, Oliver

29,Pettitte, Andy

45,Prior, Mark

43,Redman, Mark

30,Rivera, Mariano

48,Ryan, Nolan

32,Schilling, Curt

17,Schmidt, Jason

52,Seaver, Tom

37,Seo, Jae Weong

28,Smoltz, John

23,Wakefield, Tim

26,Weber, Ben

31,Wells, David

34,Willis, Dontrelle

38,Zito, Barry

it will just display a different name in MVPedit it makes no difference when playing in game.

if you edit the config.txt and edit rosters then it will match NAME for NAME when you play the game, for those using your roster that did not edit the config it will not match NAME for NAME but the will match the delivery you selected.

MaddiesDaddy, bgyanks, what file are you getting this error with? Yankees.met, Clippers.met, Trenton.met or Tampa.met? Also, can you make sure you're using the latest version of MVP Edit?

Kraw - Yeah, I see what you mean. Wasn't really thinking earlier. :oops: What's this about the Yankees All-Stars? I've checked my version and they're fine here.

General info - I'm still updating the players acccording to Hory's player ID list which means the player's name will be used by the stadium announcers. As the list isn't done yet, I'll create a new version when it is. Also, I'll be adding in that change to Matt DeSalvo, thanks Kraw.

Anyone else else had any problems?

after I imported the met files in my roster, when I go to the Free Agents there are the Yankees all stars in it.

the all star teams link to other players on other teams, when you import the MET you are replacing all the players with new ones. (yes they have the same names but thier IDs are different) MVP puts all players no asigned a team in the FA pool. The players listed in on the All Star team are the old players (old IDs) the players listed on the yankees are the new players (new IDs) The All Star yankees are no longer asigned to a team so they are put in the FA pool

MaddiesDaddy, bgyanks, what file are you getting this error with? Yankees.met, Clippers.met, Trenton.met or Tampa.met? Also, can you make sure you're using the latest version of MVP Edit?

I am getting the error with all the .met files.

I am using version 3 of MVP edit. Perhaps that is the problem since I think there is a version 4 out there.

Where can I find version 4 or the latest version? I am not finding it here.

Thanks!

SpanishFly, sorry, I only just saw your post above mine.

Well, if you change the trajectory of a changeup, for example, from none to drop, then it will drop. Since RGlass put in the editor that certain types aren't recommended for certain pitches, I wouldn't bother trying it as it probably will cause an error or just totally mess with the pitch. I can't imagine a right handers curveball going 1-7. :lol:

I've updated the files earlier and made a couple of changes a few minutes ago, so I've updated the rosters again. They've been uploaded and I think they're just waiting for clearance now. From changes.txt:

Update 1 - BOD2

Corrected the height, weight and jersey number of Caonabo Cosme, Thunder 2B.

Corrected the height and weight of Omir Santos, Tampa C.

Corrected Audio/Photo number to enable in-game audio and to match Hory's Player ID List.

Corrected Matt DeSalvo's pitch delivery. He now has delivery 11.

Added a curveball to Juan De Leon, added 3mph to his fastball.

Re-corrected Chien-Ming Wang's pitch control.

Corrected Mike Martinez's pitches - added sinker, removed slider and curveball.

Corrected Buddy Carlyle's stamina to reflect his being a starter in the past. Also fixed his pitch velocity.

Changed Bubba Crosby's speed from 69 to 72 and added 2 points to his baserunning.

Let me know what you guys think.

.met version is at http://www.mvpmods.com/modules.php?name=Do...pdate#dldetails.

.sav version is at http://www.mvpmods.com/modules.php?name=Do...pdate#dldetails.

Archived