Jersey modding help...

fizzjob

Greetings, all.

I've done a fair amount of modding for the NHL series, so I'm not completely in the woods, but I'm having a bit of difficulty getting a jersey into MVP 2005...here's what I have:

All the various uniform parts (JERS, JERK, etc.) saved as PSD files, and all the letters & numbers saved as PNG files (with transparency). But, since every EA title seems to be a bit different from every other EA title in the respect, I'm a little unclear as to the proper steps to take to create a working, importable set of FSH files.

I've tried using FSHed (which worked for NHL 2004) to import everything...and everything seems to import fine. But when I try to import those FSH files into models.big, the game crashes while a game is loading...

I read about having to resize the pictures within FSHed in order to import 2x uniform textures...but I'm still not having any luck.

If anybody could give me some tips as to which tools I should be using, and in which order, I'd greatly appreciate it. Until then, I'll just soldier on and see if I can solve it on my own.

Thanks in advance!

--FJ

At the present time, the easist way to get them back into models/uniforms.big is with a batch file. Once FuzZ releases his studio, you'll be able to do it a little easier and have more options.

Export your .fsh files first w/EA Graph. I import the "new" files w/EA Graph. Then use nfshtool to "unpack them", check everything and then recompress them with QFS compression. Then use your batch.

At the present time, the easist way to get them back into models/uniforms.big is with a batch file. Once FuzZ releases his studio, you'll be able to do it a little easier and have more options.

Export your .fsh files first w/EA Graph. I import the "new" files w/EA Graph. Then use nfshtool to "unpack them", check everything and then recompress them with QFS compression. Then use your batch.

Yeah, I'm familiar with those pesky batch files and GFXPAK, so that part's no problem...

IIRC, EAGraph doesn't deal with transparency very well (if at all), which is why I was using FSHed. Does that make a difference? Or is it all in the compression after I import the files?

Maybe bully but what I find easy to do is to extract the uniFSh file with EAgraph Editor then open the uniFSH file that I extracted with EAgraphicEditor and import the uniform files into it.Then with EAgraphicEditor open up models.BIG and just import back the uniFSH.

fizzjob have u ever done any work over the site formaly know as cyber-nhl?I did a little here and there but nothin big.I got NHL 2005 and been a fan of the game for years but I must say with no NHL this year I'm not at all into the game this year.

Maybe bully but what I find easy to do is to extract the uniFSh file with EAgraph Editor then open the uniFSH file that I extracted with EAgraphicEditor and import the uniform files into it.Then with EAgraphicEditor open up models.BIG and just import back the uniFSH.

That works too - however the way I described is "safer" I guess. To each his own though! :D

fizzjob have u ever done any work over the site formaly know as cyber-nhl?I did a little here and there but nothin big.I got NHL 2005 and been a fan of the game for years but I must say with no NHL this year I'm not at all into the game this year.

Yeah, if you remember seeing "Project WHA" over there, that was mine. I have 2005, but I haven't gotten into it either...I still play 2004, but that may be because I spent so much time modding it. :)

I got an import to work by using eazip to compress the fsh files before I re-imported them. Of course, I learned the hard way that 2x numbers and letters don't work...hopefully, that's why the players' faces are all red and green...

There were a couple of u guys in on that project right?

Sortof...the jersey concepts (except one of them) were all done by a guy over at sportslogos.net, but I did all the actual "make them into an add-on" work...I had the process pretty streamlined, though...I probably spent more time coding the "overwrite any team in the game" batch file...

Archived