4/15 - MVP Studio 2005 1.5 Official Thread!

fuzzone

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok fuzz i dleted the version that bigbully emailed me, and dloaded 1.3. the program still closes when i click add after adding all the necessary bmps, ufsh, and fsh. -up to that point everything works great, installed, encodes fine etc. BUT when i click add the second time prog just dissappears. i decided to try and save you some hassle by redloading but to no avail. i'll im u later after my tests and a couple hours of sleep.

in the meantime:

xp sp1

unzipped rar into created folder (mvpstudio) in c drive. ran setup exe choosing path first, game path=c/progfiles/ea/mvpbaseball2005 folder path =c/mvpstudio etc. i don't think i'm missing anything here.

what the difference between MVP STUDIO 2005 1.3 and mvpedit?

2 totally different programs bro. MVPEdit is for roster management, creating rosters, importing portraits, etc.

MVP Studio is to add or overwrite uniforms to each team, from A to MLB. It also allows you to make backup copies of some of your files.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know if my problem is different from those who said something earlier. When I try to run UniEditor, it tries to install a WordPerfect Office 2002 program, and can't install. I tried downloading the Pad thing, but I dont think that is the answer to my problem, as I just get an error message when that installs, saying "The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications."

Any help guys?

I guess there's two groups of people. People who can get it to install and people who cannot.

Sorry again. I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with group b and what separates group a(the working group) from group b and the only thing I've noticed is people who have had there systems around for the longest have the necessary windows files to get it to work.

Thanks fuzz, I wondered if you were still on the case. I really notice myself nagging about it, but I really want this option to add uniforms to the game.

The only thing I can think of is a way around the installer. Can you make a simple installer, one without the grapics etc? Or just a self installer, or something where I can just select where things go without clicking on anything?

I know it is most likely my system that is missing the file, it is a new system, and I don't know what file it could be either.

Thanks for continuing to try and help.

the installer isnt the problem. Even after u get passed the installer, ur going to have the same problem with the actual uniform editor since it's graphic based.

so making another installer isnt going to be a problem, but i'd have to make the stusio all over again.

The only thing i can tell you is PATSFAN was having the exact same problem you were having and hten he installed the studio on his work pc and it worked great. However, he cant get it to work on his home pc.

So basically -- what i would have to do is either recreate the studio, which is highly unlikely, or figure out what the problem is and hte only way i can do that is if you and people who have the same problem continue to try to solve the issue and figure out what the problem is.

Possibly look for an OCX file update or a dll package update or even possibly any or all of the latest window updates.

Hey, Fuzz!. Sorry for not reporting myself about the Studio this year yet. Nice tool, as always. Remember my updates will always come with the choice to use the Studio. You know, I thought this year would be much easier to add new uniforms, because of the 12 slots, but now I realize EA added many "new" retros, and the Studio is exelent to know how each team slots are taken. Well, that for my uniform dicated case, but great in general to customize the game.

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE INSTALLED MVP STUDIO AND IT WORKS:

Do you have Windows Xp service pack 2 installed?

FOR THOSE WHO DOWNLOADED MVP STUDIO AND IT DID NOT WORK:

Do you have Windows XP service pack 2 installed?

I think -- people who have service pack 2 are having the problems with the studio and the people who dont have service pack 2 have no issues at all with the studio.

I may be wrong -- it's a theory. let me know.

I don't know if I have it or not, how do I check? I remember not getting it for a long time because I heard alot of problems were associated with it. However at some point I think I went ahead and got it.

Is there an easy way to see what service pack I have?

Archived