Total Portraits 2008 Thread

Hory

Hey guys

I tried to upload the Ultimate Rosters, and while starting with the Tigers i used the installer, and it said everything uploaded fine, but when i went into the game none of the portraits updated. Has anyone else had this problem?

On a side note, i tried to update my roster using MVPedit, and while it said it uploaded everything fine it too didn't show up in the game. I am a veteran of last year's game and updates, but i could be missing something here. If anyone could help i'd be most appreciative.

Thanks

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've gotten a good start w/ helping Hory w/ the Twins portraits for all you Twinkies fans out there (anyone? hello?).

barrettsmith0mq.jpg

[You can tell I'm a glutton for attention]

Pics of Juan Portes, Daniel Matienzo, Kyle Phillips, Justin Jones, anyone else in New Britain or Ft. Myers would be appreciated. Someone with a quality scanner and a complete set of Bowman cards help me out, please!!!

EDIT: 44 Twins minor leaguers done, but I still have over a dozen to be done before I'm done.

There was a mistake in the Cardinals set with Carmen Cali's portrait overwriting Johnny Bench.

Here is the correct fsh file for Cali -

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~hory/mvp/2624.fsh

and the original Bench portrait to replace the one overwritten by Cali

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~hory/mvp/2654.fsh

put both fsh files in the fsh folder of the cardinals installer and use that to install them

Seattle Mariners 1.1 has been uploaded

it has 104 portraits, a portrait for every single Seattle player in 'Ultimate Rosters 2.2'

Next update is the Orioles,

Dbacks, Angels, Athletics, Dodgers, Royals, Twins updates to come next

I could be completely wrong but I think you have to use GFXPAK

I would guess the command line with gfxpak being in your mvp dir

gfxpak -d datamodels.big insertnamehere.fsh insertnamehere.fsh

etc...

however i could be totally wrong

i don't think installing the portraits in that .big file will matter as the portrait fsh files won't have overwritten anything

or you could copy the originalmodels.big from "compressed.zip" on CD1, then you have reinstall any modded unis but it's probably easier than using gfxpak

Hello, great work so far. A question though, when can we expect a big package of all the teams with the portraits, similar to last year where you only needed to install one thing and everything had their updated portraits. I prefer it that way than having to download team by team.

Continue the great work. It is greatly appreciated.

I found a mistake in the Jays set where it has John Hattig's pic on Anton French's pic number and thus shows his pic over Anton French.. I just edited in mvpedit temporarily but when a new set comes out I'll fix it.. also Anthony Sanders seems to have the same pic# as Scot Shields of the Angels

bill - I have no idea about gfxpak commands sorry

The Show - Eventually it will be released as one set, but that won't be until all teams have been updated and re-released with installers

cybernetic - Thanks

Anthony Sanders should be 1467 Scot Shields - 1476,

that'll be fixed in the next ultimate roster update

John Hattig will be given the correct portrait id number (7119) in the next Jays portrait update

To complete my Twins minor leaguers for Hory, I would be grateful for any pictures (color please) of Luis A. Jimenez, J.R. Taylor (also goes by Sam Taylor), and John Thomas (also known as J.T. Thomas.

Please PM me if you find pictures of any/all of these players.

Thank you.

BTW, I've done a few off-the-wall portraits w/ some guys in their new duds (Reggie Abercrombie, Ramiro Mendoza), or guys w/o portraits who needed them (Ryan "Little Unit" Anderson). Anyone have some server space so I can put them up for download, like Hory does w/ his single edits?

Mendoza.jpgAbercrombie.jpg

RyanAnderson.jpg

Hory-

Great job with the photos.

I'd like to get my dynasty started but am waiting as you complete the photo packs. Do you have the photoID's pre-determined? This way, I can add them into my roster with MVPedit, start my dynasty and add the photos as you submit them with the corresponding ID's.

Thanks.

Vince

Hory-

Great job with the photos.

I'd like to get my dynasty started but am waiting as you complete the photo packs. Do you have the photoID's pre-determined? This way, I can add them into my roster with MVPedit, start my dynasty and add the photos as you submit them with the corresponding ID's.

Thanks.

Vince

Yes. :)

http://mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Forums&a...p;p=68476#68476

It's not 100% correct and complete but close to it.

Archived