MVPedit won't read the files and I just found out why and I need help

TR71777

I am trying edit the rosters but when I try to use MVPedit it won't read my files until I see that my roster and other files look like the left for dead symbols/pic is there a way to fix this for MVPedit to read the files?Screenshot(335).thumb.png.1ec85c5ff3b6a4b8edda501377fe9401.png

26 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

Those are .SAV files. MVPEdit does not read those files. It reads .MBE files. The .SAV files can only be edited by the in-game editor. 

I found the .MBE file but I am getting this error

Screenshot (336).png

59 minutes ago, Muller_11 said:

Have you already imported the roster that you want to edit?

If you have not done so yet, you must open MVPedit and import the roster and save the file with the .MBE extension

ahh ok ill give it a try again thanks

1 hour ago, Muller_11 said:

Have you already imported the roster that you want to edit?

If you have not done so yet, you must open MVPedit and import the roster and save the file with the .MBE extension

that worked wow that is crazy

Just now, Muller_11 said:

Glad to help :)

so after I edit what I want on the game just save it as a MBE? will it be read again or do I have to import again?

1 minute ago, Muller_11 said:

Glad to help :)

and how do I know what numbers are for skin colors and body types?

59 minutes ago, TR71777 said:

so after I edit what I want on the game just save it as a MBE? will it be read again or do I have to import again?

and how do I know what numbers are for skin colors and body types?

Yes, when you are done edit want you want you go to "Export" and select "Database" and then "Ok" and you are done

Select the player and go to the "Appearance" section and you will see this

Sin título.png

You can change the skin tone and the body types going in that section.

21 minutes ago, Muller_11 said:

Yes, when you are done edit want you want you go to "Export" and select "Database" and then "Ok" and you are done

Select the player and go to the "Appearance" section and you will see this

Sin título.png

You can change the skin tone and the body types going in that section.

ok cool which numbers are the black skin tones?

6 hours ago, TR71777 said:

sorry to bother you again I have a question I have a already created players roster how do I edit that cause that roster is saved in documents?

.sav files (the ones saved in Documents) are going to need to be edited with the in-game editor.

There's no way to do that with MVP Edit since that tool is meant to edit the roster that the game considers "default" before it can load any saved files (including .sav versions of a roster).

52 minutes ago, Kccitystar said:

.sav files (the ones saved in Documents) are going to need to be edited with the in-game editor.

There's no way to do that with MVP Edit since that tool is meant to edit the roster that the game considers "default" before it can load any saved files (including .sav versions of a roster).

Oh ok dang cause I want to add a few friends and family members to the game but I wanted to add them with my current roster but the problem is that I can't edit the height or weight and Birthday that's the only issue using in-game editor 

I just finished half of my roster I did what was instructed but after saving it the Seattle Mariners roster still the same and is not showing my created player's that I created I didn't edit the original players just created from MVPedit 

I went to export and I selected datebase and my roster still didn't save even though MVPedit says its saved cause when I reopen MVPedit my roster loads up with my created players not edited players it show up but when I start the game its not there?

Screenshot (343).png

Screenshot (344).png

3 hours ago, TR71777 said:

I went to export and I selected datebase and my roster still didn't save even though MVPedit says its saved cause when I reopen MVPedit my roster loads up with my created players not edited players it show up but when I start the game its not there?

Screenshot (343).png

Screenshot (344).png

The way that MVPEdit works is that it will merge all of the relevant roster files from your database folder to one big MBE file that it can use.

When you modify the roster that's loaded up, the MBE file, you will need to export that back to the Database folder so that MVP can read it

1 hour ago, Jim825 said:

What do the contents of your database folder look like?  If the time and  date don’t correspond to when you exported the roster files then it indicates an issue writing to the folder. 

here is what my database looks like 

Screenshot (345).png

17 minutes ago, Kccitystar said:

The way that MVPEdit works is that it will merge all of the relevant roster files from your database folder to one big MBE file that it can use.

When you modify the roster that's loaded up, the MBE file, you will need to export that back to the Database folder so that MVP can read it

I did that but the game still didn't read it I even had the place where it supposed to go highlighted and it said after export it was successful and when I started the game nothing showed up?

Look at the dates of those files in the database folder.  Most of them have a date stamp of 1/15/2005. Those are the original game files.  Your roster export from MVPEdit did not update these files so that’s why your changes do not appear in the game. 

10 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

Look at the dates of those files in the database folder.  Most of them have a date stamp of 1/15/2005. Those are the original game files.  Your roster export from MVPEdit did not update these files so that’s why your changes do not appear in the game. 

I see two rosters one roster.dat the other roster.mbe it looks like it did what it supposed to do but how do I get the game to read the one that is modded ?

Screenshot (346).png