MVPedit won't read the files and I just found out why and I need help

TR71777

7 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

Having the .mbe file in the same folder as the database files may be causing your problems.  Try moving the .mbe file somewhere other than any of the game subfolders. 

ok like which folder? even if i move it it will still show the original players?

29 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

Having the .mbe file in the same folder as the database files may be causing your problems.  Try moving the .mbe file somewhere other than any of the game subfolders. 

I moved the .mbe file the game just crashes? and when I move the roster.dat file and move the .mbe file the game starts but all the rosters are all empty on every team including the allstars 

I got it to work but all my players are white I changed to the number 10 in MVPedit and still white and I can't edit them in game cause they are all greyed out?  the pic is my wifes player she is supposed to be black?

Screenshot (347).png

6 hours ago, TR71777 said:

ok like which folder? even if i move it it will still show the original players?

The roster.dat file HAS to be in the database folder with the other database files.  The .mbe file can go anywhere. It is not one of the game files. I keep all of my .mbe files in my MVPEdit folder (the folder where MVPEdit is installed). 

The game WILL still show the original players until you can successfully export the database files from MVPEdit. As I said earlier, after you export the database files, they should have a different date stamp than 1/15/2005. 

I don’t understand why you are having so many problems doing this. It’s a fairly straightforward process. 

5 hours ago, Jim825 said:

The roster.dat file HAS to be in the database folder with the other database files.  The .mbe file can go anywhere. It is not one of the game files. I keep all of my .mbe files in my MVPEdit folder (the folder where MVPEdit is installed). 

The game WILL still show the original players until you can successfully export the database files from MVPEdit. As I said earlier, after you export the database files, they should have a different date stamp than 1/15/2005. 

I don’t understand why you are having so many problems doing this. It’s a fairly straightforward process. 

I don't know why I am having issues but for some odd reason the game will crash if I move the.mbe file I have tried to start the game itself but as soon as it load without the.mbe file the game freezes up the crashes to desktop I put it back on and the game runs fine .

How I was able to edit the files was I had to make a copy of all the files in the database file to another folder I created then I was able to create my players I don't touch the real players just created the players by hitting create on the create option on MVPedit I don't know if that's the issue with the MVPedit by using the create option or the game itself I am just explaining how my processes of doing it go lol 

The only issues I have now is I can't figure out how to get the real players pictures back and I can't play a game nor a Dyn. As soon as a game starts to play it gets to the loading screen after I get my players and pitchers adjusted and then it freezes and my screen goes black and then it crashes back to desktop 

There is no reason the .mbe file should have to be in the database file. It is not a game file. 

Things are so messed up for you that your best chance of getting things working is to uninstall and reinstall the game and then start over. 

Start MVPEdit and import the data base files (File->Import) into a new .mbe file and save the .mbe file somewhere OTHER than the game folder. 

Now you can create your new players and replace real players with the new ones. Remember that a team can only have 25 players on them. 

At the top of the MVPEdit menu bar, you can check for errors by selecting Tools->Check for Errors. 

This will make sure that there are no errors in the rosters such as too few or too many players on a team, holes in the batting orders or pitching rotations, etc.

You may also want to delete players from the free agent pool. Some have found that having too many players in there can cause problems. I usually keep 50 players max. in the free agents pool. 

Also, make sure that your created players have a cyberface assigned to them. Missing cyberfaces will cause the game to crash. 

Once things look good in MVPEdit, you can export the files (File->Export) to the game’s data\database folder. 

Finally, you should back up your work(database files, portraits file, mbe file, etc.) prior to making changes. This way if a change causes problems, you can always go back to the previous working version.