stupid mvpedit question

bravesj858

First make sure that your new roster .mbe file is called roster.mbe. If it's not simply rename it to that. Then click export and then go into your MVP 2005 folder and then click data/datafile and then okay. That's all there is to it.

First make sure that your new roster .mbe file is called roster.mbe. If it's not simply rename it to that. Then click export and then go into your MVP 2005 folder and then click data/datafile and then okay. That's all there is to it.

thanks. are you sure it's datafile, not database?

I'm seeing the same thing. I make a change in MVPEdit, save, and export to database folder and the change does not show up in the game. Anybody help TWO brothers out?

D

let's run it down step by step

1. make the changes in your roster using mvpedit.

2. save the roster as roster.mbe

3. export it to the data/database folder of mvp (backup defalut files first by any methods nesscary)

4. press next, it should ask you to overrite current files, if it doesn't, you have done something wrong. overwrite current files.

5. start up mvp 2005, roster changes should be there.

this should help any other people who are in need. thanks to kccitystar for his help earlier....i got mixed up with datafile and database.

1st) When in MVPEdit you can name the .mbe file where you are making your changes anything you care to.

2nd) Then Load the .mbe file with your changes into MVPEdit so it is the active file.

3rd) In the Options menu make certain that the "database" directory within the MVP2005 game (i.e. Program Files/MVP 2005/data/database) is selected.

4th) From the File option within MVPEdit select "Export then DAT". Or you can just hit the "Export" options that is listed on the MVPEdit top part of the window.

5th) Once that is done a window pops up so make certain the window that appears also is pointing to the "database" directory. If not then select the "database" directory within the MVP 2005 game folder.

6th) Export the file and respond to overwrite existing Dat files

7th) Start the MVP 2005 game

8th) Once in the game go to Roster Management and select the RESET Rosters option.

9th) Then your changes should be available in the game.

If this doesn't work then PM me and I will walk you through this step by step over the phone if you would like.

1st) When in MVPEdit you can name the .mbe file where you are making your changes anything you care to.

2nd) Then Load the .mbe file with your changes into MVPEdit so it is the active file.

3rd) In the Options menu make certain that the "database" directory within the MVP2005 game (i.e. Program Files/MVP 2005/data/database) is selected.

4th) From the File option within MVPEdit select "Export then DAT". Or you can just hit the "Export" options that is listed on the MVPEdit top part of the window.

5th) Once that is done a window pops up so make certain the window that appears also is pointing to the "database" directory. If not then select the "database" directory within the MVP 2005 game folder.

6th) Export the file and respond to overwrite existing Dat files

7th) Start the MVP 2005 game

8th) Once in the game go to Roster Management and select the RESET Rosters option.

9th) Then your changes should be available in the game.

If this doesn't work then PM me and I will walk you through this step by step over the phone if you would like.

i'm looking at step 8...could this be the reason why sheff, arod and beltran crash the game? becuase i didnt reset the rosters after putting the modded rosters in the database. i'm just trying to figure this out.

I wouldn't think that to be the reason for your crashes. Step 8 just makes the newly imported rosters from MVPEdit available to the game as the default rosters. Unlessl you execute the reset roster function you are just using the rosters that were there as default roster before.

Archived