Total Classics 2005 PHASE 3 W.I.P UPDATE

fuzzone

all right guys, i figured i'd make an official thread since im answering questions about this in my multiplayer thread "Fuzzy Challenge Time"

The team working on Total Classics is known as Team Classics. It's about 6 to 7 people and we're planning on releasing the first version by the end of next week or next monday.

Nothing is set in stone but you should know i'm working on it. And for those who had trouble with my installers(because of missing system files) -- rolie's pitch selector, dodger stadium, and studio -- i'll be releasing 2 installer for the Total Classics. One that's graphically hottt!! and the other which is blah windows based but will work fine for everyone.

The first release will be a version 1 so relax, it's not going to be fully loaded but it will progress quickly after that with updates and so on.

Remember, portraits,logos,team rosters, and a few surprises in between isn't easy work. Hopefully, the team will be wiling to commit some time and everything should go fine.

so this is what we're looking at:

-All MLB's, AAA, and AA slots.

-Mariners,Both classic red teams, and 1948 indians are redone from the ground up. met, portraits, and so on.

-Some more pirates teams and A's teams.

-A slot will be dedicated to all time -- best players at their position.

-hopefully some added special surprises to make the whole thing feel like a time warp.

ok, that's it. If you have any met's you'd like to contribute, send them my way. It'll only speed up work.

NOTE: please don't email me and tell me to put ur fav. team in unless you have an met file done and some pictures of the players on the roster. If you have an met file done, i'll meet u half way and do the logos and hopefully find someone to do the actual portraits with the pictures u supply.

If you have an met file of an all-time team you'd like to see in total classics, u can go ahead and send that in also.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the 24 Senators in this year's classics-the year the big train finally got his title. Also I know you are a huge Yankee fan Fuzz-the 56 Yanks with Mantle's triple should be a natural fit. And I know this is a tough one for you since they beat your beloved yanks-The Cardinals of '64. By the way I grew up in San Diego but my favorite team of all time is the '61 Yanks

Fantastic-the '24 Senators were a classic team with probably the greatest pitcher of all time and a stark contrast to the million dollar cry babies that we have today-when he went to opposing parks in that '24 season the fans booed their home team when they scored runs against him-they wanted to see this man of character and class win his championship-you dont see that today

56 yanks would be cool but i think there's too many yank packs as it is. I guess if possible, we'll replace one of them.

I dont know about the 59 whiteSox or 64 Cardinals, but who knows.

AlexTony, did i tell u -- i know something that's going to blow u right into the water. BUT I WONT TELL SO DONT EVEN TRY TO GET IT OUT OF ME!!!

But you'll be happy for sure!! REMEMBER MY WORDS TONY!! REMEMBER THEM@!!

Woh!!

my only question: can it replace one of the minor league or spring training

parks so we do not have to lose any classic park?

by the way rolie, nice work with 'Chavez Ravine' / Dodger stadium

this will be a HUGE addition to the classics!

Wow, that Ebbets Field is gorgeous. I really hope there is a mid-50's Dodgers, Yanks, and Giants in the roster so we can reenact classic subway series. As for Yankee "packs," I can't install team packs. For me it was a miracle loading a roster. But whatever you guys do, it's just cool that you're doing it. It's really respectful of those that went before and blah blah blah. What about any old negro league team, or a negro league all-star team would be nice.

so far, thome25's 54 yank uniforms and rolie's ebbet's field gotta be the 2 biggest things to blow me away in like 2 days.

i dont think anyone wanted an ebbets field in this game more than me...well, okay i take that back - except maybe for tony..lol..

Fuzz if u need a hand with anything I'll try my best to help bro.Uniforms is my thing and dont get me wrong im far from a skilled uniform modder but I try.Portraits I dont know nothin about the transparentsy that goes along with them,if someone showed me a step into the right direction I'de give it a shot.Roster I'm not too bright with either but I found this site awhile back maybe u might wanna check it out www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/index.html If I can lend a hand in any way I'm here for ya bro.

Fuzz - Are you converting teams that were in the MVP2004 Total Classics or do we have to resubmit them again for inclusion? For example, I worked on the following team packages last year (some with you):

- 1998 Yankees

- 1996 Yankees

- 1985 Yankees

- 2000 Mets

- 1978 Dodgers

Do these need to be resubmitted or are you converting them (or at least some of them) and including them in MVP2005 Classics?

ALL the teams have been or are being converted

the above are already done

the only thing needed may be to put the pics in manually for all teams

that you would like the players to have pics

two reasons:

1) the portrait.big file is not large enough for ALL of them

2) it is too time consuming for anyone to try all of this

i will submit a file to mvp mods that will have 'most' of the player pics

that can be DL once 'Total Classics' 2005 is out

that is the plan at this time. much is getting done

thanks

OK, I'm new to the whole Total Classics thing, since this is the first year I've had this game for the PC. What exactly is it? I know it's a classics roster and uni and portrait set, but how does it work? I'm assuming there is an installer for this....does it overwrite current teams on the game with the classic teams, or does it add them separately? sorry for all the questions, I just want to understand what it does exactly cuz it sounds awesome.

If it behaves like Total Classics did last year, it replaces all of the AAA, AA (and this year A teams) with Classic Teams. Last year, there was an installer that overwrote the rosters, updated the uniforms, the photos and the team logos.

I really had a lot of fun using the Classics rosters because it allowed me to play with teams I followed growing (e.g. '78 Yankees vs. '78 Red Sox).

Excellent. So basically what needs to be done is just back up what you've got, and then swap out files depending on how you want to play (or what teams you want to use).

Jim825, what's with the Yanks avatar?? You live in Shrewsbury!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Archived