Total Classics 2005 PHASE 3 W.I.P UPDATE

fuzzone

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe the initial 2005 version of Total Classics will follow close suit with the 2004 version of Total Classics, similiar to what Jim825 says above. However, the follow on versions of Total Classics for 2005 will surpass the 2004 one with more teams and additional bells and whistles. This year there maybe a need for individuals to perform some of their own portraits processing but a very hugh array of portraits may be supplied to them to select from along with tools/instructions to accomplish this task.

I firmly believe that MVPMods.com will become the source of the greatest Classic Baseball assortment available anywhere. A lot will depend on the individual contributions of the many Classic Baseball fans that visit this site but a really strong nucleus of MVPMods seasoned members have joined together to ensure that Classic Baseball is "Alive" and well these days here at MVPMods.com.

So hopefully many of the visitors to this MVPMods Classic Forum section will step up to the plate and offer whatever they have to offer so we can combine all of our efforts into a package that will bring Oldtime Baseball back to the desktop in a magnificeint way for all of us.

Jim825, what's with the Yanks avatar?? You live in Shrewsbury!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I grew up in Central Connecticut, so that's where my Yankees allegiance began. I moved up to Massachusetts to work after college. My wife is a diehard Red Sox fan but I've been able to "poison" (her words) two of my daughters and bring them over to the dark side. :D My youngest daughter is a Red Sox fan like my wife. For their sake, I did root for the Sox to beat the Cards in the World Series last year.

Yankees / Red Sox series are a lot of fun in our house..... :lol:

Excellent. So basically what needs to be done is just back up what you've got, and then swap out files depending on how you want to play (or what teams you want to use).

The 30 MLB teams won't change, just the minor league teams, which will be replaced by the Classic Teams. The only real roster issues you'll have going forward is if MLB rosters are updated during the season (trades, callups, etc.). I could be wrong, but I wouldn't expect the Classic Rosters to keep up this.

The only problem I have ever had with these roster sets is that they don't add classic teams at the mlb level.

When playing a dynasty the cpu teams get all jumbled up as players are moved from AA to AAA to MLB. This completely blows the integrity of the classic rosters.

Any way to replace the classics at the MLB level?

Excellent :D

Have you considered adding negro league teams?

I see that the Crawfords have been uploaded.

Ever considered doing the MLB teams first. Then moving

to the AAA and AA??

I suppose this would be like reinventing the wheel so to

speak. Would be nice to maintain the integrity though.

Thanks for all your work folks. Am really looking forward to

Total Classics. Affraid all I can offer is ideas but if it helps

then great.

guys, last year, Forum Fanatics and Mod Squad took up two slots in Total Classics? Would you guys like those 2 teams from last year to remain or should i remove them?

just curious.

My vote is to 86 them...sorry...

C

as soon as kc, bigbully and sandman send me the logos.

so far, i've only gotten logo sets from yankees763. I've done my part, don, alextony, and capa did the rosters. i renamed all the teams, made a team name changer, made a logo installer -- so now, im just waiting on the actual logos.

Fuzz/Team,

Would it be worth it for Phase I to just use the current team logos and then as part of follow-on phases rollout team/year specific ones? I sort of enjoy seeing the real Dodger logo for any Dodger or Yankee team for example, but I may be in the minority here on this one...

C

yeah, player photos will be included -- most likely a majority of them. Can't say all.

im aiming for this weekend. The only thing really setting this whole thing back are the logo sets.

Forum Fanatics, Mod Squad have been replaced.

As you can guess by now, forum fanatics has been replaced by the Pittsburgh crawfords.

also included, i think will be - 80 phillies, 80 astros, 62 mets, 84(or 86 angels, whichever one was requested in earlier pages), 65 indians, 69 braves ( or is that the 69 braves or 65 indians?) not really sure, but u got a good idea.

hopefully ill get the logos in by friday or saturday.

also included, i think will be - 80 phillies, 80 astros, 62 mets, 84(or 86 angels, whichever one was requested in earlier pages), 65 indians, 69 braves ( or is that the 69 braves or 65 indians?) not really sure, but u got a good idea

Please put the 86 Angels in. Not sure if you're putting in the 86 red sox, eventhough I wasn't even born yet, I would just love to kick the crap out of them.

Archived