Faces

AlexTony

When you bring the bmp into the fsh, does it save it as a 16 bpp or 24 bpp? I've found 16 works and 24 doesn't. It has to do with one of the pulldown menus in FHSed which I use for that. I leave it the default and it works fine. I don't know if that's what is happening to you, but that solved my problems from yesterday.

i always thought it had to be 24 and ive converted the bmp to fsh using EAGRAPH not FHSed, maybe thats why it keeps crashing?

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I think the setting mentioned in 69Yanks' tutorial above is the correct one, Jogar.

Stecropper (and anyone else interested), could you do me a huge favor and test the Rickey face when you get time? I put a link to it above somewhere. AlexTony is having problems installing it and I can't figure why. Also I'm about to pm you about other stuff, Stecropper, thanks.

peterbernard,

With Player Detail on the Medium level the Henderson face is fine. With Player Detail on High he has that ghostly look of mostly white but some areas of black.

I have seen this with other faces converted from 04 to 05. It seens they are OK except for when Player Detail is set to High.

I will try it with the 04 Face flag in MVPEdit unchecked but from what I remember that even makes the problem worse on High Player Details settings.

Hope this helps,

Don

I've never seen that ghostly look. I use 3D-analyze to see high detail, and I have to turn the helmet reflections off. Try turning the helmet reflections off maybe.

EDIT: BTW there are alot of 04 faces in the game, I'm discovering, so how often do you see the white look and can you please post or send a screen capture or video? Thanks

http://www.peterbernard.com/rickey2005.wmv

Here is a video of Rickey on my machine in the 2005 game playing in a stadium that wasn't in the 2004 game, so we know it works at least on some machines. Has anyone else tried it who can post a screencap or video? Thanks.

I will gladly do a screen shot but it will be awhile before I can get to it. However, that ghostly look has shown up here in several other threads when the game first came out and people were trying to move faces from 04 to 05 - so maybe a search on ghostly might work in this case a lot faster.

Yes, there are quite a lot of 04 faces that came in the 05 game but none of them produce the results seen when individuals attempt to move a face from the actual 04 game to the 05 game.

Stecropper fixed it! I had a letter missing. ive uploaded the new one, it has to be approved by mvpmods first. SORRY. V.2 should work fine.

EDIT: Is there a way for me to delete the previous version of the face, or does one of the moderators have to do that or something? I would only like v.2 of the Norm Cash face online if possible.

edit edit:

Now the link to the screenshot doesn't work, it wouldn't let me upload the same image twice. Oh well, at least the corrected version is online.

this will supercede version two. It's basically done but I'm proof-reading a little more closely this time. These would be two separate faces and you would only install one or the other. But you could change between games if you wanted to (not DURING games). I'm still writing the instructions.

normcashmontage2.jpg

EDIT: The regular face is a darker, slightly more realistic version of v.2.

Here's a brief movie clip which features both faces in action;

http://www.peterbernard.com/normcashhomer2.wmv

great job peter. U sure came a long way bro. I saw the Norm Cash cyberface up for download and i thought i was dreaming. So then i came to check if there was a thread, and then i see there's a faces thread -- all these oldtime faces are great.

i liked the daryl strawberry also, not sure who did it but great work!!

rickeythurm.jpg

I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with this attempt to update Rickey to a 2005 "full face." I think it's the nose? I like the half face better, but that doesn't work for everybody. If anyone wants to download this beta face and test it to tell me what i'm doing wrong, it's online here:

http://www.peterbernard.com/rickey2005beta1.zip

Here's a video preview:

http://www.peterbernard.com/munsonhenderson.wmv

(I know it doesn't make any sense for Munson to bat first and Henderson second, or for them to be in the same era, but I was just auditioning faces.)

Archived