Faces

AlexTony

Okay, got one more quick question, cause you guys have been great at helping me out. I made my first cyberface last night, skipping the oedit process...I just renamed the .orl and the .ord file from the original face file I had picked out. Now I compressed them all using bigugi, and put the face into the game...the face looks great, my player comes up to bat...and poof the game crashes. Any suggestions?

Here is what I did:

original files were c064.fsh, c064.orl, c064.ord, used photoshop made my face, converted the file to c900.fsh, then I took the above c064 orl and ord, and renamed them c900.orl and c900.ord, and compressed all three files into the models.big file. Would that cause the crashing? Any help is appreciated, cause the faces I have made today look pretty good, but my game is crashing when the batter comes up to bat.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if you can use 900 numbers, try making it something in the 600's.

EDIT: Did you import the bmp into the fsh, save the fsh, close it, and open it again to look at it? Is it 16bpp or 24 in fshed?

EDIT EDIT: Yankee Faithful-- I'd be glad to give help if you want to try making those faces! The more the merrier. First step is you need photoshop or paintshop pro or something and you need a good front face photo of the player.

Ha! Fuzz is making fun of me again.

caseystengel2005.jpg

I think it looks like him, anyway.

The Reggie glasses thing is trompe l'oeil, it doesn't work 100% of the time. That one is definitely something where you bring your willing suspension of disbelief to it. But I think Casey looks decent, he didn't work on any old guy faces so I tried him on this young guy and got lucky.

EDIT: Thanks Fuzz!

I'm having trouble finding a good face mesh for Mattingly.

mattinglybeta.jpg

Below is a jpg of the bmp.

donmattingly4.jpg

If anyone wants to help get Mattingly into the game,

they can download this jpg, turn it into a 24 bit bmp, and audition it on different ord and orl files they think might match up. It would save me time, I'm trying to get as many faces in the game as I can.

If not, I'll use the above one, it's not THAT bad.

man, that's gotta rank up there with one of the coolest things i've ever seen

next to that night at wiggles when Kim Chambers gave me a breast sandwich.

I'll take that as a high compliment, haha! Thank you.

EDIT: Is there any interest in a Billy Martin manager face? I've been looking for good shots of him as a player but I mainly found good manager shots.

well after reading the global manager thing -- i'd stick with one or two managers and keep moving on to players. But i like whatever u throw at me. Ask AlexTony or Don, they got great ideas when it comes to this.

by the way, all that's left for me is about 5 rosters to install and phase 2 is done -- so it seems i'll be throwing the files your way :wink:

how many faces for ur first face pack?

I don't know yet, I'm still working on some of them. I hope around a team's worth, like 22 or more. But it's a lot of outfielders and first basemen.

AlexTony didn't even want me to do Stengel, he doesn't want managers but I've gotten thank you mail about Casey so I know I was right to work on him. You have to listen to others but follow your gut.

Teams with specific oldtime managers play in the majors, that's all. Can't you shift them to the majors with MVP Edit? I haven't figured it out yet but I hear urban legends to that effect.

Managers will only "take" for major league teams. So my advice is make whoever you want to and if people want to use MVPEDIT to move that particular team to a ML slot, then they can also use the manager face. It's all about choices. I'd rather have the options available to me and choose not to do it, rather than wishing there was a way to get it done.

Personally, I have exported each .met file and will be building a league or multiple leagues for ML play soon. I think alot of people may do this. MVPEDIT allowas us to import whoever we want into these slots...

C

Hey AT--this is not mvp 2005-related but tomorrow (Wednesday) is "In Search Of" day on Sci Fi channel!

Capa--that's what I was trying to say but you said it better.

69Yanks--I didn't know, THANKS for that, I will check it today. Also 69 Yanks-- How come whenever I make changes to a face in oedit, the game crashes when I try to use the face? What am I doing wrong? If I don't make changes to the o file, it's fine, but if I make even one small minor change, it makes the game crash. You're better at oedit than me by a light year, so I'm hoping you can help.

EDIT: Capa, I keep doing it wrong when I try to put a team in a major league slot. I'd like to include directions on how to do that but I need to get it right myself first. If you had the time to write up a brief explanation, could I use it in my readme file? I'd give you credit obviously. My idea is to include Casey and any other managers I might get done in a separate folder with an explanation of how to move one of their teams to the mlb level. Even if you can't help in this way, thanks anyway.

Peter,

In MVPEDIT:

1) Select FILE ---> IMPORT ---> TEAM

2) Select the .met file you wish to import (assuming you originally exported individual teams (.met files) to a directory/folder on your drive - this involves the EXPORT Team function in MVPEDIT).

3) Select which team in current .mbe file you want to Replace (make sure the box for Replace is checked as well in this window)

4) Select OK to start the import process and it will tell you when done (about 3 seconds)

5) You now have a your imported team in the .mbe file. make sure you review team lineups and pitching rotations for completeness.

Hope this helps...let me know if you have other questions...

C

Peter,

One more very minor thing...on the Koufax face...he had jet black hair. It may be my monitor but in the card above it looks brown. I hate being so anal...there's a joke in there somewhere...

C

Archived