Faces

AlexTony

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Jogar, I was lucky with Willie I think, they're not all so easy to match with meshes. Thanks also about Munson but it looks like an actor playing Munson too much. The Rickey is passable but not as good as last year's EA face. I wish I could make faces as good as the Jeter and A-Rod that are in the game, those I think are the most realistic. I have the most fun making monster/fantasy/humor faces because you can't say they don't look like the original if I made them up!

yes TribeTime, I would like an avatar unless there's a paddling/hazing ritual or something involved. Thanks!

I looked and saw that Willie Mays got 43 downloads so far today, then I looked at 69 Yanks' face-making tutorial and it got almost a hundred downloads in the same time! So are we about to see a rush of one hundred new face makers here? Check back in five to seven days on the downloads page.

Those guys who give out self-help or financial get rich quick schemes will often say that you can shout this info from a mountaintop but only 5% of the people will ever react to what you're saying and do something about what you're suggesting. So we'll see. But good job, 69 Yanks! Now the guy who wants to put his son's face in the game will have an easy step-by-step to follow, and the person who wants to see his childhood idol play again can do it himself if he can find good enough photos.

Thanks Jogar, I was lucky with Willie I think, they're not all so easy to match with meshes. Thanks also about Munson but it looks like an actor playing Munson too much. The Rickey is passable but not as good as last year's EA face. I wish I could make faces as good as the Jeter and A-Rod that are in the game, those I think are the most realistic. I have the most fun making monster/fantasy/humor faces because you can't say they don't look like the original if I made them up!

yes TribeTime, I would like an avatar unless there's a paddling/hazing ritual or something involved. Thanks!

i think what u try to accomplish with Classic faces is to get the player to resemble as the real one as much as possible since we dont have high quality pics to play with. By that virtue, ur doing a fantastic job!

munsonhitcatch.jpg

Thanks, guys. I've uploaded Munson (that's him above hitting and catching

but not umpiring), he should be online later. Is Koufax not ready yet?

EDIT: I was going to release Koufax, but is it not ready? Maybe I'll release it anyway when i get back tonight, but any feedback is appreciated, thanks. I hope to do two Duke Sniders (one with blonde and one with white hair) but Alex Tony doesn't like the nose so I hope he can suggest a different face to build it on or something.

EDIT EDIT Hey Jogar!! I like your Gil Hodges!!! Please let me know which ones you're working on so we don't overlap, thanks.

Very nice!! We have to give him the High batting stance...he held that bat way up there! Also, need the Boston unis with no names on the back. That's one heckuva name to get on a jersey!

Great work on the face though...you are the king!!

C

Thanks, Capa! Yeah I'm going quick with stances for the test films, sorry. re: Uniforms: I'm not going to install or re-install any uniforms or patches or anything except overlays and stadiums till I'm done making so many face changes. I don't even know how to work Fuzz's uni editor yet, I'll focus on that when I reach a stopping point in "The War on Missing Classic Faces." Umm, that's a war on them being missing, not a war on the faces themselves... Anyway be grateful I'm not doing batting stances or rosters or anything like that for Total Classics, haha. I'd have Norm Cash batting right-handed.

YAZ - Zoo ! That's who ............. this is a good one Mr Peterbernard .......... your superb work is exciting the heck out of many of us !!! May you never stop !!! --------------- just teasin' -- you have already enhanced the Total Classics experience tremendously...........

One of Your many Biggest Fans,

Don

Thanks Stecropper. I did these 2 faces but I don't think they're even in Total Classics. Maybe I'll release them as "Total Orphans: The Cyber Players With No Cyber-Team."

rubefostermontage.jpg

Rube Foster once won 44 straight games! He managed for years after he played, too. An excellent businessman, Rube founded the Negro Baseball Leagues. Someone said, "When Rube Foster died, the Negro Leagues died."

preacherroemontage.jpg

Preacher Roe was an all-star pitcher for the Brooklyn Dodgers in the late

1940's and early 1950's with his best year being 1951, when he went 22-3.

He pitched three World Series games and in one he hurled a masterpiece against the Yankees.

Two more faces from 2004 missing in 2005 that I've adapted:

melotthalf2005.jpg

whiteyfordhalf2005.jpg

The Mel Ott face I didn't change anything, but I gave Whitey back his white/blonde hair on the other at the request of AlexTony. I'm doing some more like this and may put out a pack of 2004 classic players missing from 2005. It's not much creative work on my part and some of you will need to set player detail on medium for them to function. For my machine, they work perfectly. If you don't think they look like the originals, complain to EA, not me, ha.

I don't know if anyone cares but I figured I'd announce here that I'm planning on putting out a face pack or two in the coming week of old-time players. I had originally planned on doing it by last night, but I'd like to look at Total Classics first and also some of the faces are just not there yet. That is all, you've been warned.

Long Hair:

Oedit will do this. Download Pete Rose and you will get the idea. You have to make sure the hair above the ear is is not wider than the baseball cap or else it sticks out of the sides of the cap. The neck area gets a little tricky. Alot of trial and error.

Archived