Total Classics - Wants YOU !

stecropper

Capa--I'm just kidding around. I'm clueless about this stuff, but I want to make faces for the old-timers. I was just hoping someone could guide me through the first one but I'll get it somehow. I'm just whining because now I have to think for myself, haha. re: wav files, it depends on your system but on my older one, the game sound plays as wavs so if you have your wav volume up it should record. I use Vegas, a video editing program to record sound. I've recorded sound from Sims 2 this way which is EA so I assume it works for baseball too. If you want the songs for instance, you can turn off all other sounds then record till they've played them all. Go in with an editor, cut them up and make mp3s out of them.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McDiddy,

Your original version of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" would be greatly appreciated. We are also looking for several versions of "Talkin' Baseball" if you know of any. That's the song when they sing "Willie, Mickey & da Duke" .....

MrGravyard,

I am not certain how FuzZ is progressing but I do know he is working on it. This weekend is not out of the question I would think but certainly not sure? But there is still a lot that has to come together.

Take Care,

Don

with adding songs you will need perrmission from the copyright holders on the songs, I'm sure Trues does not want any legal problems

the RIAA are dicks, they are they guys that sued a 77 years old woman for sharing music when she did not ever have a computer

Sure it got throwed out but if turned here life upside down for like 3 weeks

McDiddy,

Thanks .... and we certainly would also be interested in the caps you have made. Again, much appreciated!

Don stecropper@aol.com

TribeTime26,

That avatar is fabulous and much appreciated. I will certainly use it. Our basic watch group for FuzZ's Total Classics project totals "9" (What a wonderful number for this project isn't it). The only "8" can decide if they care to use it. But certainly I would encourage everyone that is committed to this Total Classics project to use it as well.

Thanks,

Don

McDiddy,

Thanks .... and we certainly would also be interested in the caps you have made. Again, much appreciated!

Don stecropper@aol.com

TribeTime26,

That avatar is fabulous and much appreciated. I will certainly use it. Our basic watch group for FuzZ's Total Classics project totals "9" (What a wonderful number for this project isn't it). The only "8" can decide if they care to use it. But certainly I would encourage everyone that is committed to this Total Classics project to use it as well.

Thanks,

Don

I'm in!

C

Thanks for all the help, fellas, you're all really swell. I'll save time with a short thank you list for my first readme, I guess, so there's a bright side to everything. It seems Total Classics wants everyone but me and Kraw. Maybe I'll do faces for a different web site and Fuzz can insult me with his next release! Then I'd be famous! Ha. Maybe Fuzz is mad because I skipped his prom but I hate dressing up, it wasn't personal. sheesh... Actually, I think I'm figuring it out on my own ...

um, i dont even know who u are bro so calm down.

Maybe I'll do faces for a different web site and Fuzz can insult me with his next release!

and i'll insult u because you are? You're not even on the same level as kraw and the only reason i didnt see ur initial post about helping out is because i didn't see it but a few posts go by and u turn into a complete jerk when all you had to do was p.m me.

Thanks for all the help, fellas, you're all really swell. I'll save time with a short thank you list for my first readme, I guess, so there's a bright side to everything. It seems Total Classics wants everyone but me and Kraw. Maybe I'll do faces for a different web site and Fuzz can insult me with his next release! Then I'd be famous! Ha. Maybe Fuzz is mad because I skipped his prom but I hate dressing up, it wasn't personal. sheesh... Actually, I think I'm figuring it out on my own ...

Hey look noob, this guy Fuzz has a lot to do creating this program. Besides that, he has a life outside this web site. So if he missed your message, that sometimes happens and it isn't intentional. If you want his attention, do like he said and send him a PM. Don't go off on him like this because it only makes you look stupid when it is all said and done.

Some of the best Oldtime Baseball music I have ever heard came from the game by Stromfront Studios Inc titled Oldtime Baseball. It was part of the Tony LaRussa Series in the mid 90s I think and it allowed the user to play with any Oldtime Team from baseball's history. Great game - even had a time machine to travel you back into the specific era of baseball you wanted to revisit.

I have tried my darn est to convert that music to a WAV format to implement into MVP 2005 but without any success. I have been able to convert it with several audio conversion tools I downloaded but with each one the result was way way too fast and unrecognizable.

If anyone has the talent, interest & time to help us to convert those RAW audio files from Oldtime Baseball to a WAV format acceptable by MVP 2005 it would be very much appreciate and I am sure by the many that have never heard that particular Oldtime Baseball Music.

I will gladly send you the RAW audio files (about 18 of them) from the Oldtime Baseball CD or even mail you a copy of the Oldtime Baseball game itself in case you can convert it by recording it while it is playing on your system. The game does play on an XP system even today. That game is not marketed any longer so sending you a copy should be legal and if not I will send you a copy of the original game which I have 3 of (always wanted backup for that superb game!!!).

Thanks,

Don

stecropper, I've got this game too. It has some very good music on it. You are right, it would be perfect for this project.

I loved Oldtime baseball back in the day. Stormfront put out some good baseball games.

Hey look noob, this guy Fuzz has a lot to do creating this program. Besides that, he has a life outside this web site. So if he missed your message, that sometimes happens and it isn't intentional. If you want his attention, do like he said and send him a PM. Don't go off on him like this because it only makes you look stupid when it is all said and done.

i think peter was mad because he wasn't named the prom queen....

Yankee4Life,

I was up until 3:38 this morning messing with my Oldtime Baseball game and trying numerous Audio Recorders I downloaded. Finally purchased one moments ago that works for this project. Thus, Oldtime Baseball Music will be available with the Total Classics Project. Not sure if it will be integrated into FuzZ's package but we will let FuzZ decide that. Regardless, if it isn't I will upload it here for all the Baseball Classics Fans at MVPMods. Which are many more than one may realize!!!

And I agree, the Baseball music from Oldtime Baseball is addicting.

Thanks,

Don

ok latest update, switching over the logos from 2004 to 2005 has been a complete pain so i decided to make a logo changer -- similar to last year with a few, actually a lot of crazy modifications to get this going

i figure installing logos for 90 teams and doing it manually is crazy, so i'm spending time getting the logo changer to work and so far all goes well.

so i got a few logos in, got what feels like a million more to go.. will email update to members tonight to let u guys know whats going on and to check where everyone stands.

great job to the dynamo-9 and also, don, don't worry about the music, that'll be in the final package.

Archived