Will Total Classics be used for season or exhibition play?

capa

I believe the first release of Total Classics is going to fill all levels of minor league teams with classic teams, and leave the major league clubs as is (current day rosters). Based on this, will we be able to play any type of season mode, or are we regulated to exhibitions between the teams?

Since the game moves players around based on injury and/or progression, won't that ruin any type of season play? It would be odd to see Lou Brock playing for the 27 Yanks or something along those lines.

Would we be better served to add an additional 31 teams and overwrite the current major league teams, turn injuries and trades off, and restrict any types of roster moves so as to keep all the teams intact? I did this with last year's game and it worked out well.

What do you guys think?

Chris

I'm know I'm being selfish here (sorry :oops:), but I'd prefer that the Major League teams be left as is and only the minors contain the Classic Teams. I only play exhibition games so that I can have the Yankees play whoever and wherever I want.

By having a single roster with the Classic Teams and the current Major League teams, I can play a game with the Classic teams or I can play a game with the current major leaguers. It all depends how I'm feeling that day.

Again, that's just my opinion, and I'll gladly use whatever comes out for a Classic roster. :)

Capa,

You are correct. Total Classics isnt't built for Dynasty Mode since there has been no mods that have come out that eliminates minor league callups.

However as an option one can create an .mbe roster with Minor Leagues having very reduced ratings via MVPEdit's Global Change capability fairly easily. Then they can poplulate the MLB slots of that .mbe roster with Major League Teams of their choice from the available ones provided via Total Classics and set Injuries very low in the Sliders. Then you can then undertake a reasonably realistic Season in Dynasty Mode.

Take Care,

Don

Capa,

You are correct. Total Classics isnt't built for Dynasty Mode since there has been no mods that have come out that eliminates minor league callups.

However as an option one can create an .mbe roster with Minor Leagues having very reduced ratings via MVPEdit's Global Change capability fairly easily. Then they can poplulate the MLB slots of that .mbe roster with Major League Teams of their choice from the available ones provided via Total Classics and set Injuries very low in the Sliders. Then you can then undertake a reasonably realistic Season in Dynasty Mode.

Take Care,

Don

Don,

Yes...this is what I did last year to avoid callups and injuries. I think you are correct...one the roster is released, people can export and save teams, and then read them back in at the major league leve for those they want to play a season mode with. That should work for most people...

Chris

So this only affects Exhibition? If you are doing season/dynasty/owner the game stays as is? Or did I completely miss the whole point?

The first release will have the current ML teams intact and all the minors will be classic teams. This would not be the roster set you'd want to use for a dynasty mode if you want to use real minor leaguers and have them called up, since you will not have real minor leagues...you will have classic teams taking those slots.

The next release will have additional classic teams ovewriting the current ML teams as well.

Does this answer your question?

C

I never got past 2 weeks in 2004 without callups whether the cpu trades were on or not, because I wasn't going to take the time to change everyone's star ratings. Finally one time I gave up and called up Tinker, Evers, and Chance to the Royals along with I think Babe Ruth the pitcher and other "minor leaguers." It was surreal, the Royals were an all-time all star team. This year will be better because you can play any game in any park instead of just the minor league stadiums.

I never got past 2 weeks in 2004 without callups whether the cpu trades were on or not, because I wasn't going to take the time to change everyone's star ratings. Finally one time I gave up and called up Tinker, Evers, and Chance to the Royals along with I think Babe Ruth the pitcher and other "minor leaguers." It was surreal, the Royals were an all-time all star team. This year will be better because you can play any game in any park instead of just the minor league stadiums.

Peter,

The way around callups last year was to use MVPEDIT to make all minor leaguers ratings like a "1" across the board and turn off injuries and cpu trades to the ML teams/players.

C

Yeah, Capa, that's why I said it was because I wasn't going to take the time to change everyone's star ratings. It was fun the way I played it too. I traded for the outfielder Babe Ruth and had him DH for pitcher Babe Ruth.

Oh..ok...I wasn't sure if you knew about the Global edit function in Mvpedit...takes about 5 secs to do the whole minors...but now I see you preferred to play that way...that's cool. How did the Babe do against today's pitchers??

C

Are you guys saying that by changing all of the star ratings there will

be no callups in dynasty mode??

Will reducing star ratings affect how these players perform in the game

when under cpu control?

Archived