The Big O's Fenway Park WIP - Night version begins

The Big O

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry if this has been mentioned before but will there be a day version instead of dusk?

I think I have decided to leave it as a dusk version just because of all the lighting effects that EA provided. For example the green on the walls of the stadium is more of a blue green in normal daytime lighting so if I were to put in a day sky the stadium would still look green. I am trying to put the most accurate version out there and to be accurate it needs to have the correct colors. I think I also plan on leaving the glare effects because again this is how Fenway would look at this time of day. I also imagine that changing the vertex colors for all the parts might allow for the correct colorization but there is a lot of trial and error involved there. I love this mod bu I don't think I could sit there and recolor every part!

Lookin' great!

So, what kind of distortion occurs when you move the Mohegan Sun ad into its correct position?

I think he said that's as big as he can make it, BEFORE it starts to get distorted.

Looks great to me!

The real sign is about that size, just up and to the right a little.

EDIT: I lied. I guess it isn't.

sheff-house-07.gif

4.15_csifen_ap.jpg

Any chance of seeing an animated gif of the Citgo sign?

Not quite sure how to make one of those but this is the best I could do:

citgonaim.jpg

The animation has about twenty frames (only six shown here) and goes through a complete cycle. Trust me it is much better in game. However you won't see it during the dusk version. I will use the regular sign for that.

Not quite sure how to make one of those but this is the best I could do:

citgonaim.jpg

The animation has about twenty frames (only six shown here) and goes through a complete cycle. Trust me it is much better in game. However you won't see it during the dusk version. I will use the regular sign for that.

:jaw drops:

:falls to knees:

"Not worthy! I am not worthy!"

GREAT job, Big O!

Bah, now I'm jealous. When I originally did the animated Citgo sign back in HH-whatever-year-it-was, the bastages at 3DO limited me to 10 frames, so I couldn't do it right. :( Ah well -- will be good to see it as it should have been.

Bah, now I'm jealous. When I originally did the animated Citgo sign back in HH-whatever-year-it-was, the bastages at 3DO limited me to 10 frames, so I couldn't do it right. :( Ah well -- will be good to see it as it should have been.

Look who's come out of hiding. Still loved your Fenways!

Kudos to Big O as well. Looking good!

Ezorn you inspired me for the Citgo sign - you still are the Fenway master and always will be. I just wanted to make a mod that could live up to yours and this is without a doubt the best mod I have created yet. I'll have to seriously re-evaluate Camden to see if I can get it to top this. This is without a doubt the most OEdit work I have done. But I know how picky you Sox fans are! :wink:

Anyway I've added all the CF ads and redid the wall texture to a more realistic one, somewhat matching the Monster texture.

fenway12800600.jpg

I also had to remap the bullpen ads to another texture because I had that disappearing ad syndrome and this seems to have cured the problem. I now will start on the backstop and stadium facade. In all I think I am about 60% complete with the day version. I still have to widen the warning track and figure out what I am going to do for the grass and dirt.

sorry if this has been mentioned before but will there be a day version instead of dusk?

There is a lighting text file that has all the lighting info for every stadium in it. You can change all the stadiums to dusk or mid-day all you want. Personally I don't like the dusk effect since it distorts the actual colors of the uniforms and scenery.

I also had to remap the bullpen ads to another texture because I had that disappearing ad syndrome and this seems to have cured the problem. I now will start on the backstop and stadium facade.

Is the disappearing ad problem the same as last year? You know what caused that, right?

This is a reconstruction not a mod, and I bow at your feet. Your attention to detail and patience is far superior than anyone elses. Amazing job.

Considering who did Fenway Park last year and their repuation for attention to detail, that's no small accomplishment ;)

There is a lighting text file that has all the lighting info for every stadium in it. You can change all the stadiums to dusk or mid-day all you want. Personally I don't like the dusk effect since it distorts the actual colors of the uniforms and scenery.

The only thing that changes with the lighting file is the player model and the player shadows. The colors do not change at all for the stadium and seeing as though I want an accurate version I have decided to leave it as dusk.

Is the disappearing ad problem the same as last year? You know what caused that, right?

Yep, it is the most frustrating thing. I thought I could use one of the signs above the stands but I after a few angles I noticed the ads would disappear. So I added the ads to the 380 sign part and that seemed to do the trick. That is something I consider a lot now when designing this thing, keeping the parts close to their original location so that when you pan around the ads stay visible. At least we can now recolor them so that they don't show up too dark or too light now.

Archived