The Big O's Fenway Park WIP - Night version begins

The Big O

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I danced to Tessie all last October, it was quite inspirational, and I listening to it now, despite the fact it's starting to get old, brings back the memories and the old shivers down the neck.
I get that way when I hear it also. :)

I danced to Tessie all last October, it was quite inspirational, and listening to it now, despite the fact it's starting to get old, brings back the memories and the old shivers down the neck.

The people in my building must have hated me in October, since after every victory I would blast Tessie and Dirty Water as loud as I could. Fortunately they couldn't see me dancing around like a spaz in here, else they certainly would've been worried.

Good times, good times.

Though I wondered at the inclusion in MVP, mainly because I can't see non-Sox fans liking it, and I think that's the general consensus. Me, I'm all for it.

The people in my building must have hated me in October, since after every victory I would blast Tessie and Dirty Water as loud as I could. Fortunately they couldn't see me dancing around like a spaz in here, else they certainly would've been worried.

Good times, good times.

Though I wondered at the inclusion in MVP, mainly because I can't see non-Sox fans liking it, and I think that's the general consensus. Me, I'm all for it.

hahaha hell yea all my friends were sick of me for the same reasons

Also, on a side note, do you have the 2004 World Champions (Wow, that sounds so cool. I just had one of those 'times' where the victory finally hits you - again.) pennant banner up near the 1999 one?

1999? That's funny, I thought a certain pinstriped team won the World Series that year, in the middle of their run of 4 World Series Titles in 5 years.

You give these Red Sox fans a World Series title and they start rewriting history!!! :p

Sorry, I couldn't resist...... :D

1999? That's funny, I thought a certain pinstriped team won the World Series that year, in the middle of their run of 4 World Series Titles in 5 years.

You give these Red Sox fans a World Series title and they start rewriting history!!! :p

Sorry, I couldn't resist...... :D

Since I'm sure you're already shunned enough by your fellow Shrewsburyites, I'll lay off on this one. But the question is - are you a Pats fan?

I'm pretty sure a 1999 one is up there, for maybe the wildcard...

Since I'm sure you're already shunned enough by your fellow Shrewsburyites, I'll lay off on this one. But the question is - are you a Pats fan?

I'm pretty sure a 1999 one is up there, for maybe the wildcard...

Our next door neighbors have 4 boys (which helps even up the neighborhood, since I have 3 daughters) and one of the boys is a Yankees fan, so I'm not completely isolated.

As for football, I'm actually a Vikings fan. When I was growing up in Connecticut, I somehow latched onto them (Fran Tarkenton was my hero :D ). Until last year, I considered them the Red Sox of the NFL (i.e. they could be the best team in the league, but never quite win the Super Bowl) and I could understand how Red Sox fans felt, since the Vikings would rip my heart out season after season.

Now that the Sox have won the World Series, it gives me a faint glimmer of hope that maybe the Vikings will be able to win the Super Bowl in my lifetime. I can dream, can't I? :)

Our next door neighbors have 4 boys (which helps even up the neighborhood, since I have 3 daughters) and one of the boys is a Yankees fan, so I'm not completely isolated.

As for football, I'm actually a Vikings fan. When I was growing up in Connecticut, I somehow latched onto them (Fran Tarkenton was my hero :D ). Until last year, I considered them the Red Sox of the NFL (i.e. they could be the best team in the league, but never quite win the Super Bowl) and I could understand how Red Sox fans felt, since the Vikings would rip my heart out season after season.

Now that the Sox have won the World Series, it gives me a faint glimmer of hope that maybe the Vikings will be able to win the Super Bowl in my lifetime. I can dream, can't I? :)

A Yankees and a Vikings fan living here? Even with CT ties, that's still very much on the akward side!

A Yankees and a Vikings fan living here? Even with CT ties, that's still very much on the akward side!

Probably a Denver Nuggets fan during basketball season, and a Vancouver Canucks fan for hockey too.... :p

To get this thing back on track...

I've done some more work on the night version. I brought in the Monster scoreboard, Monster ads and the Majestic and BofA signs with lighting effects. I have also tweaked the Citgo sign and it is a little jerky when it runs through the animation but it isn't that bad. I think it looks nice overall. You can see a picture of my progress below.

fenway32800600.jpg

I got some more accomplished. This time I added the main scoreboard and the John Hancock sign. I got rid of the glare effect because in all the photos I saw I did not see a glare. The rotating ads and the message board may change for the night version. I haven't quite decided yet. For now I am going with the same ones as the day just for placement purposes. I also added the Dunkin Donuts and Ford ads with their lighting effects. I plan on getting a whole lot done on this tomorrow. Oh yeah another pic below :wink:

fenway33800600.jpg

As I mentioned before I was hoping to get a lot done on this today and I was able to get quite a bit done even though I went out for a round of 9 holes in the afternoon. I added all the bullpen ads and the Budweiser RF roof seats as well as lowering the wall in the RF corner. This project is moving right along and a release date isn't too far off. Once again if you really liked the Dusk version mod and want to help out with my efforts for this one and future mods, you can donate via Paypal(jtrea81@verizon.net). A few people have donated and I appreciate it very much and I won't let you guys down with this mod!

Oh yeah - pics! :wink:

fenway34800600.jpg

fenway35800600.jpg

Mr_B]

Indeed. Dad (@ 89) is still driving, and everything else, and if you saw him, you'd say he's 70, tops.

If I were a betting man, I'd say, barring tragedy *knocks on wood*, he'll hit 100. He's already one of those rare few who has been alive to see TWO Red Sox Championships.

I hope he gets to see a third. :wink:

It just dawned on me this morning (more on the above);

My wife is working on a family tree (Broderbund "Family Tree Maker" s/w), on a workstation I built for her on the other side of my 'puter room... I was just idly scanning the printout of what she's gotten done thus far.

My Father-In-Law was born April 27, 1916 in Boston, MA....

Thoeretically, he's been alive for THREE Red Sox championships... 8O (although I'm certain he has no recollection of the 1916 campaign... :p )

When he was born, Fenway Park was just a "babe", and the Babe still was pitching there... :D

Archived