The Big O's Fenway Park WIP - Night version begins

The Big O

Wouldn't that have been a sight to see.

I mentioned in another thread here recently that I've now got a field technician job, servicing the registers, servers, printers, etc in supermarkets from Revere to Falmouth, MA, and over into the Providence RI area.

One store is on Rte 9 in Newton (Chestnut Hill area). The quickest way for me to get there from my apt. is up 93N, and cut over to 9W. I jump onto 9 West at Symphony Hall (at the corner of Mass Ave and Huntington Streets), and the first part of Rte 9 is Huntington.

I pass the intersection of Huntington and Forsyth Streets (often...I get fairly frequent calls to this particular store), which would put me behind where the former left field wall of the old Huntington Avenue Grounds was. On the other side of the road, across the tracks a ways off, was the old Braves Field.

I often wonder what that stretch of road must have been like 100 years ago. I can almost envision "Nuf Ced" McGreevy wandering down the road, bellowing out "Tessie"... :p

Northeastern University now owns the area where both parks once stood. One of these days I'm gonna pull over and find a place to park for a few minutes, and check out the monuments NU put in place denoting where home plate once was, and the statue of Cy Young 60.6 feet from it.

I need to tuck away some old "Barber" dimes and quarters someday, in the event a time machine gets invented in my lifetime....then I'll have some money from that period of time to take with me to go hang out with those Royal Rooters at a game on Huntington Ave... :D

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally was able to edit the crowd. This was a most frustrating process because PSP crashed on me three times while editing various portions so I had to redo a bunch of work. Anyway I plan to work on this some more today. Here are some pics of the crowd.

fenway37800600.jpg

fenway36800600.jpg

How does everybody feel on the color distribution? When I looked at pictures it seemed like most of the crowd wore red with blue being the secondary color with some other colors mixed in so this is how I chose to depict the crowd.

I finally was able to edit the crowd.... <snip>

How does everybody feel on the color distribution? When I looked at pictures it seemed like most of the crowd wore red with blue being the secondary color with some other colors mixed in so this is how I chose to depict the crowd.

O-M-G. :wow: :inlove:

That, my friend, is absolutely beautiful. I have thoroughly enjoyed playing with the "beta dusk" version, which (although you call it a "beta") is superb in it's own right...but this...(pics above)....O-M-G.

The color distribution? Looks just fine to me. :thumbsup:

I am soooooo looking forward to this being released.

Cheers!

B.

i know i've read this before on the forums but i can't find it to save my life...so i'll post it here:

i'm having a crashing problem with fenway day. i don't have cyberfaces and i only get the crash when i try to play in fenway. is there a fix i missed or are you still working on it (if you do, in fact, know of the problem).

it seems that i read about this problem in relation to some of the uniform mods and this stadium's compatibility. i use a mixture of KC's and UMach's mods and can list more if it would be relevant. the pictures look so great and i'd love to give this stadium a whirl!

i know i've read this before on the forums but i can't find it to save my life...so i'll post it here:

i'm having a crashing problem with fenway day. i don't have cyberfaces and i only get the crash when i try to play in fenway. is there a fix i missed or are you still working on it (if you do, in fact, know of the problem).

it seems that i read about this problem in relation to some of the uniform mods and this stadium's compatibility. i use a mixture of KC's and UMach's mods and can list more if it would be relevant. the pictures look so great and i'd love to give this stadium a whirl!

I think the problem is the combo of the unis and the mod. I use KC's unis and it works fine. I am running into a cram32 limitation though for the night version. Apparently this file can only be so large (This Fenway night will be around 24 MB I think when I am through). However getting back to your question HaloFan ran into this with his Angel Stadium mod. My only solution would be to use the default unis or go with KC's.

Mr_B"]

I just moved out from living right next to there. I had a few classes in Forsyth Hall. The actual exhibit itself is nothing too special. There's a statue of Cy Young, and a little homeplate marker designating where homeplate was 100 ago. I'd say it's not worth stopping for unless you want to feel extremely nostalgic.

More progress to report, I've almost finished the night version. I just have to fix a few minor things and then edit the field.fsh files. Then I only have to tweak a few things in the dusk version and then I will release Fenway 1.0. I am predicting I will be able to release this early next week if all goes well. For those of you following my progress you can see pics of the almost completed night version here.

just one thing I noticed last night (on the day version - awsome as it is) but there is no fence or barrier infront of the dugout. Is it possible to make one as it looks weird when the ball bounces off the invisible wall.

There is no fence for either dugout at Fenway so that is why I left those out. I think you'll find that the collision data is similar for most parks as far as the ball bouncing off the dugout.

There is no fence for either dugout at Fenway so that is why I left those out. I think you'll find that the collision data is similar for most parks as far as the ball bouncing off the dugout.

True, however it's the one thing that annoys me about your otherwise awsome stadium, and I thought it would look better in game with a rail?

True, however it's the one thing that annoys me about your otherwise awsome stadium, and I thought it would look better in game with a rail?

Nah, it wouldn't look right.

The collision data is editable by changing the points in the wall.dat file included in every stadium.big. Sean O is now a master of that, so I'd try asking him.

Absolutely amazing work again, Big O!

I have tickets to Monday night's game, and I will bring my new digital camera, so if you need any better shots of anything, just hollah!

For the once or twice a game a ball bounces off the dugout, I would much rather prefer graphical realism, something you see almost every play, over collision realism.

but the majority of the times I see the dugout is when the ball is 'hitting' it? But it isn't up to us, so I'll leave the thread to return o topic, sorry Big O

Don't know if I'm the only one, but the game is crashing with the Fenway Dusk version. I can do my turn at bat, but when the Sox came at the plate in the bottom of the first, it's good bye, gone to the desktop.

The only thing I did before installing the MOD was adding the KC jersey. After two crashes, I reinstall the EA's version of Fenway and then play all game without problems.

Anyone having a clue on this one? The Modded version is near perfect, so that's a shame to play on the EA's version of the Fenway Park.

Thanks

Don't know if I'm the only one, but the game is crashing with the Fenway Dusk version. I can do my turn at bat, but when the Sox came at the plate in the bottom of the first, it's good bye, gone to the desktop.

The only thing I did before installing the MOD was adding the KC jersey. After two crashes, I reinstall the EA's version of Fenway and then play all game without problems.

Anyone having a clue on this one? The Modded version is near perfect, so that's a shame to play on the EA's version of the Fenway Park.

Thanks

Hmm. I've never had such a problem. Have you installed any faces?

And to Big O- I was at the game last night and took about 150 pictures. I'll upload them shortly...

More progress to report, I've almost finished the night version. I just have to fix a few minor things and then edit the field.fsh files. Then I only have to tweak a few things in the dusk version and then I will release Fenway 1.0. I am predicting I will be able to release this early next week if all goes well. For those of you following my progress you can see pics of the almost completed night version here.

In these pictures, I was wondering if you were going to remove the fans from direct Center, above the stop and shop sign? I think it was your dusk version that removed them. Those fans make it hard to pick up the ball whenever I play there.

Archived