The Big O's Fenway Park WIP - Night version begins

The Big O

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not quite sure how to make one of those but this is the best I could do:

citgonaim.jpg

The animation has about twenty frames (only six shown here) and goes through a complete cycle. Trust me it is much better in game. However you won't see it during the dusk version. I will use the regular sign for that.

*gasp*

how do you get animated textures to show up in game? do you use .gif files or something?

Well I decided I didn't really like that Budweiser sign so I redid it completely and I also added something else. See if you can find it in this picture below... :wink:

fenway15800600.jpg

Give up? I'll give you a hint - check out this picture here. 8)

I think the DHL signs are just on the inside seperator of the bullpen...check the picture on page 3.

And I'm still wondering how the Mohegan Sun ad gets distorted when you make it the correct size...

Also, I was comparing the screenshot to an actual picture, and I think if you raised the CF wall just a tad it would do two things:

a) Hide a bit of the crowd's legs...they are being exposed just a little too much

B) Allow you to raise the NESN/Comcast sign for it isn't as hidden by the crowd.

And also, it seems that the Red Sox have removed the red/white/blue banners next to the dugout-side ads, as well as the luxury box facade, so there is no need to add those to the mod anymore, as I suggested in my "notes" post.

In fact, I just noticed they added another sign to that mix. Right past the 99 sign, there is now a RedSox.com ad a bit longer than the others (Avaya, Poland Spring, Volvo, 99)

screw turner field...the NL is like little league baseball anyway (i mean it's not necessarily their fault because AL teams have more money...but the NL pitching makes NL batting look good and vice versa). focus on fenway cuz more people care about that park :wink:.

Wow! Any chance of releasing a beta? This is a HUGE improvement over what's available now in the game. Glad to see you're using OEdit. The wall looks perfect, new ads and all! (Standings should reflect BOSTON on top, not BALTIMORE, but I guess if an Orioles fan builds your dream park, you gotta expect that!...and actually I'm sure the O's were on top when you did this.)

AWESOME WORK

Dang, that's my quote from April 22, and a month later, those Os are STILL in first! Maybe they're for real? Or maybe it's the curse of Big O modding Fenway?

I think the DHL signs are just on the inside seperator of the bullpen...check the picture on page 3.

And I'm still wondering how the Mohegan Sun ad gets distorted when you make it the correct size...

Yeah you were right mastasports1, the DHL signs are only on the middle separator between bullpens. I made that change and I saw that the vistor bullpen extends all the way to the RF stands so I took the last separator and rotated it to serve as the inner wall. I also added more of the bullpen outer wall with the 380 sign and the bullpen doors. After looking at another photo I realized that the reason the Mohegan Sun ad was so small is because the wall is actually lower in the RF corner so I made that adjustment as well. To do this I had to lower the crowd and stands a little bit, but I think it turned out well.

fenway16800600.jpg

On another note I am going to Boston today and will be at the game tomorrow to take some pics. My friend has 12th row seats right behind that Mohegan Sun ad. :D

Yeah you were right mastasports1, the DHL signs are only on the middle separator between bullpens. I made that change and I saw that the vistor bullpen extends all the way to the RF stands so I took the last separator and rotated it to serve as the inner wall. I also added more of the bullpen outer wall with the 380 sign and the bullpen doors. After looking at another photo I realized that the reason the Mohegan Sun ad was so small is because the wall is actually lower in the RF corner so I made that adjustment as well. To do this I had to lower the crowd and stands a little bit, but I think it turned out well.

fenway16800600.jpg

On another note I am going to Boston today and will be at the game tomorrow to take some pics. My friend has 12th row seats right behind that Mohegan Sun ad. :D

Great work!

You are sitting in the "House" section! :lol:

I don't exactly have the best computer in the world, plus playing multiplayer with someone on a computer is kinda challenging...But again will this also be released for xbox?(I see that people are kinda against releasing mods for xbox....makes me sad...)I think I might get a better answer if I pm him.

I don't exactly have the best computer in the world, plus playing multiplayer with someone on a computer is kinda challenging...But again will this also be released for xbox?(I see that people are kinda against releasing mods for xbox....makes me sad...)I think I might get a better answer if I pm him.

Hey sorry man. I've been in Boston since this afternoon and this is the first chance I've got to logon in the hotel. I'm going to the game tomorrow so this mod is on hiatus for the weekend. Anyway I don't think this will make it to the Xbox just because I don't think the OEditing translates. Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I believe only mods that just have the ads changed can be morphed over.

The Big O- could you somehow O-Edit the Center field stands to simulate the hitters background tarp over 2 sections of the bleachers closest to the "Bermuda Triangle".

But the two verseions are dusk and night; would the tarp be there for a 'dusk' game?

But the two verseions are dusk and night; would the tarp be there for a 'dusk' game?

It should- the sun is still up, I believe, in the dusk version.

It wouldn't be hard to make the tarp though. You just have to move the crowd in that section down, and then apply a tarp texture over that area.

It should- the sun is still up, I believe, in the dusk version.

It wouldn't be hard to make the tarp though. You just have to move the crowd in that section down, and then apply a tarp texture over that area.

Don't they use the tarp for night games also?? It would be tough to see the baseball in the crowd at night.

Archived