The Big O's Fenway Park WIP - Night version begins

The Big O

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I got some great pics of the stadium, though I got a few funny looks when I started taking pictures of just ads, including a shot of a billboard beyond Fenway when I was leaving.

I also noticed to my dismay that they completely changed the animation of the Citgo sign when it was redone, so I had to go back and redo my whole animation sequence. :( I tried using the 28 frames that would best represent it but they came out looking crappy, So I decided I'd use only 24 frames and I feel this turned out much better. The white bars have a moving effect somewhat when the trimark fades in and out but I think that is acceptable considering the frames are expanded from 2048x256 to 6144x256.

Anyway I added the ads along the baselines near home plate. I was able to get some great pics of these so the ads are nice and sharp.

fenway17800600.jpg

Great job Big O!! You have everyone waiting at the edge of their seats for this one!

One quick question tho.....What about the crowd? I haven't seen you mention it, and there is alot of blue in the crowd, when there should be alot of red instead.

I'm sure you already realize that, but I just wanted to mention it because I haven't seen it talked about. Everything else is perfect tho!

p.s. I got funny looks when trying to take pictures of just ads too!! lol

To answer two of the questions - yes there will be a tarp for the dusk version and yes I do plan on giving the crowd a "Red Sox" flavor just like my Oriole Park mod. Anyway I've made some more progress with this and I added the 1st base side ads and scoreboard. I had to extend the box seats a little in order to fit the B of A pitch speed meter in there.

fenway18800600.jpg

Are you going to add the field tarp next to the camera well on the 3rd base wall? You can see it in the picture above.

The tarp cover is Fenway green with a white New Era logo and NewEraCap.com text next to it.

That pic is pretty dark, but isn't that a picture of right field?

is that a pic of the "sheffield night"?

Yes- I was there- best game I've been to yet.

In fact, Sheffield wasn't even the highlight of it. Bob Gibson, the homeplate umpire, called one of the worst games ever seen on TV. Francona was ejected, Papa Jack was ejected because the "umpire read his lips," even though Papa Jack was around the corner. Randy Johnson also made a "WTF?" jesture after he struck out somebody on a pitch a lot lower than the previous pitch, called a ball.

I also noticed to my dismay that they completely changed the animation of the Citgo sign when it was redone, so I had to go back and redo my whole animation sequence. :( I tried using the 28 frames that would best represent it but they came out looking crappy, So I decided I'd use only 24 frames and I feel this turned out much better. The white bars have a moving effect somewhat when the trimark fades in and out but I think that is acceptable considering the frames are expanded from 2048x256 to 6144x256.

Geez, I had no idea they changed the Citgo sign animation. Anyway, glad to hear you got it changed without too much of a problem.

Well I haven't posted in a few days so I figured I'd give you guys an update. Mastasports, I can't do the tarp just because there are no parts in the game that are in the tarp shape. I did however remove the crowd and add the tarp in CF. I also changed the 2nd garage door to what it is supposed to be and raised the CF wall like you suggested. In addition I added all the WS banners on the 1st base facade and the two ads along the third base line. I also got rid of the working scoreboard. I really wanted this to work yet I ran into some major snags so it will be shelved for now. If you want to see some updated pics you can go to my updated website here.

The plan is for me to work extensively on this tomorrow and if all goes well - releasing a beta dusk version with everything 80-85% complete minus the recolored crowd and fixed grass as these will take me the longest to complete. What do you guys think? I figure you guys might want to take a look at all my work for yourselves. :wink:

Great! Just don't forget to do the dugouts!

The home dugout (Although it will have to be used for both) I believe still has the Ford ad from last year, but they've added white Redsox.com text on a plastic rectangle screwed in - I'll see what I can do in photoshop...

The other two things I noticed were that the tarp in center, the right side, seems to be a bit screwed up.

And the Delta "Good Goes around" sign looks like the bottom needs to be raised just a hair...

Have you inserted the behind home plate ad yet?

Also, the bullpen roof lining has repeating DHL logos, as well as the camera well railing. The dugout has repeating Bank of America logos and text.

Great! Just don't forget to do the dugouts!

The home dugout (Although it will have to be used for both) I believe still has the Ford ad from last year, but they've added white Redsox.com text on a plastic rectangle screwed in - I'll see what I can do in photoshop...

The other two things I noticed were that the tarp in center, the right side, seems to be a bit screwed up.

And the Delta "Good Goes around" sign looks like the bottom needs to be raised just a hair...

Have you inserted the behind home plate ad yet?

Also, the bullpen roof lining has repeating DHL logos, as well as the camera well railing. The dugout has repeating Bank of America logos and text.

I've found a way to have the dugouts be different...

I fixed the tarp now. I only used one part before so instead of following the bend in the stands it went right over it. Now I have two parts for it.

Delta sign was the way it looked in the photo but I'll add a little bit more on the bottom.

Home plate backstop is done w/ ads and ad holders

I'll try to get the bullpen and dugout trim ads as best as I can as well as the camera well ads

You know what, that beta release isn't looking so good after all... :? I think I'd rather wait and release a finished product. Thanks mastasports for keeping me true to my quality. I wouldn't want to release something if it wasn't up to my standards.

Wow, it's hard to tell for sure, but I'm 99% positive you have separate banners for each championship (In EA's version, all of the banners have the same year on them). Very impressive detail!

And YES! Please release a beta....this beta would be better than most finals! I hate playing in the current Fenway knowing this is out there!

I've been carefully examining your screenshots to photos, and I've found a few other things:

-If you have enough vertices left, it might be a good idea to make a little faint green railing for the luxury boxes, with a foot wide or so divider between each luxury box (Just from the bitmap - not oedit, obviously) 0

-I knew something was wrong with the beams. The grandstand beams are green, not red. In fact, my Dad needs to use a crane to put brand new ones in this offseason for the new seats.

-EA also placed the beams right in the middle of the stairs. :roll:

-Along with the beams, the understructure of the luxury boxes/grandstand ceiling is not brown, but green as well.

-On the monster light towers, it seems there is way too much steel action going on. I don't know if it's one bitmap or multiples placed over each other, but there are way too many joists, and there are no ladders. If it is indeed multiple bitmaps, it might be a good idea to add white speakers to the right light tower. Or even use the extra bitmap as the green concession stand built into the light tower.

Picture011.jpg

-Again, if you have enough vertices, try adding a green railing to the upper deck seats. Along with the railing, the support beams for these seats are green, not brown.

-I don't know if there are enough vertices, but if you are able to remap the .406 club/press box area for the NESN/Comcast and WEEI ads are in the middle, and the Spanish radio and UPN (?) ads are on each other side, that would be sweet.

03photo31km.jpg

-On the camera well - don't forget to add the transparency to the

brownish green area inbetween the rails.

-The placement and actual mapping of the Bank of America MPH meter needs to be adjusted slightly. It is more wide as it is tall, and there is about a foot or so of white below the black MPH meter before the ad "ends." Check the photo below.

OPENING_DAY_2005-2.jpg

-I'm not 100% sure on this one, but maybe there is an ad and ad holder right next to the tarp cover on the 1B line. I am still not even sure of this. Check the photo above.

-I forget what it is exactly in game, but check the LF corner- there are a couple of garage doors as well as padding on those walls (Like Manny needs it!)

-Don't forget to remove the Red Sox on-deck rubber, and the MLB/MLBPA logos on the 1B/3B lines! Replace them with the infield dirt texture. See photo below:

25photo252eg.jpg

-Check the 3B line camera well - it butts up right against the curve in the wall. I can't recall if this is reflected in-game.

14photo145vi.jpg

(You can also see a piece of the railing from this picture, when I was sitting down.)

-And again, I'm not sure if this is reflected in game, but make sure there is the camera ledge up near the monster

04photo47vi.jpg

-You may need to fix the texture for the monster ladder. The background color is a bit off.

-The more I look at it, the more I realize how much EA screwed up on the monster seats.

Check out this picture, and you'll notice they have the number of rows, placement of the bars, placement of the stair cases, placement of the signs, the color or the sign joists, the angle of the sign joists, the number of actual sections all off. Compare it to your picture, and you'll really see what I mean. This will take considerable Oediting to correct, but I can really show you what I mean in detail if you so desire.

Picture011.jpg

This PDF shows exactly what the monster seats should look like:

http://www.businessofbaseball.com/fenway/G...rScoreboard.pdf

-The centerfield triangle padding seems a bit off. Maybe needs a little straightening out.

-The far left side of the bullpens has a railing; right next to the center field triangle. It's just a short little green railing. Check picture below. There is also a short railing on the other end of the bullpens. It's only about a foot or so tall.

-The centerfield camera area is a bit too small - maybe you can widen the tent? Check picture below

http://img42.exs.cx/img42/6861/open27ap.jpg

-The bullpen dugouts seem a little too small. Widen them just a tad. See picture below.

http://img106.echo.cx/img106/8320/02photo27wq.jpg

-Check the angles/lineage and such for the wall below the scoreboard:

723cd68b.png

-The stairs for the whole stadium are greenish/brownish/redish - not grey.

-You might not have enough crowd to do this, but down the 1B line, the upper deck next to the luxury boxes is a bit bigger/higher, by a few rows, then the seats of the luxury boxes.

two things:

firstly, you really know your fenway mastasports1...that's some hella details you went through and i'm sure it can do nothing but add to the realism of the mod...

I seem to remember a particular texture to the chaw Terry Francona and the rest of the players spit out during games. Any way that you can include this moist, sticky, brown colored waste in your version if there are enough vertices?

Sincerely,

mastasports1

however, secondly and with all due respect, you gotta admit that was pretty damned funny... :lol:

two things:

firstly, you really know your fenway mastasports1...that's some hella details you went through and i'm sure it can do nothing but add to the realism of the mod...

however, secondly and with all due respect, you gotta admit that was pretty damned funny... :lol:

:lol::lol:

I know, I know, I'm a realism freak.

Archived